SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2010, 13:06   #481
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor

Hackett,
The AR lowers will come in in around 10 days.
Our Timber Wolf lowers (Glock replacement frames) should be in the end of Feb.

Smullen,
Here is a small video of our carbine shooting. Better videos will come out later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA41Z6xKTQ4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Want to see more?
Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-05-2010, 13:41   #482
cmspeedy

Since the SF models seem to be fraught with problems - you would sell the crap out of these in the large frame (G20 & G21) and Sub compact (G29 & G30) if they were actually in spec unlike Glocks current crop of SF frames.

I know you are working hard on the first model now, but if Glock doesn't get it together you could probably sell a gun built with all your products that actually works as advertised and does not have the current Glock issues.
"It's not that the democrats are playing checkers, and the republicans are playing chess. No, it's that the republicans are playing chess, and the democrats are in the nurses' office because they glued their balls to their thighs." Jon Stewart
Old 02-05-2010, 13:45   #483
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor

This is what we have planned so far:
Full Size 9,40,357 lowers now
Next, Compact 9,40,357
Then Full Size 10,45

After that, I have no idea.

Want to see more?
Visit
Old 02-05-2010, 14:09   #484
cmspeedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWD Armorer View Post
Next, Compact 9,40,357
Then Full Size 10,45

Very good news - I have 3 of your barrels in my 10mm's and love your products.

As to your "after that, I have no idea" - Compact 10, 45 pretty please.
"It's not that the democrats are playing checkers, and the republicans are playing chess. No, it's that the republicans are playing chess, and the democrats are in the nurses' office because they glued their balls to their thighs." Jon Stewart
Old 02-05-2010, 16:06   #485
N.D.Glock23

Quote:
Our AR lowers will work with 9mm, 40S&W, and 357 sig uppers. I do not think anyone yet builds uppers in 357 sig. But you can find 9mm and 40 S&W top ends.
I would really like to see a pistol cartridge carbine (one of these lowers) chambered in something like 10MM, .40 Super, .460 Rowland.

Now I would really like to see a small PDW style Semi auto Bullpup chambered in 10MM, .40 Super.

N.D.
Old 02-05-2010, 16:09   #486
Hackett

Send a message via AIM to Hackett
Quote:
Hackett,
The AR lowers will come in in around 10 days.
Our Timber Wolf lowers (Glock replacement frames) should be in the end of Feb.

Smullen,
Here is a small video of our carbine shooting. Better videos will come out later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA41Z6xKTQ4
Should I cross my fingers? LOL!

Maybe I'll just order some of the other parts while I wait.... :D
Beretta Club Member #1, Tactical Shotgun Club #1884,
1911 Owners Group #1884 (pending), Sig Club #1884, Florida Glocker #1884, 21 Club #1884, GTDS Life Member
Old 02-05-2010, 20:16   #487
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.D.Glock23 View Post
I would really like to see a pistol cartridge carbine (one of these lowers) chambered in something like 10MM, .40 Super, .460 Rowland.

Now I would really like to see a small PDW style Semi auto Bullpup chambered in 10MM, .40 Super.

N.D.
That is why I was hoping LWD would go to building frames for the G20 G21 next after these new ones hit the market. I could get a frame and build me a Mechtech with one in 10mm.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Old 02-05-2010, 20:59   #488
nyvp

I called they were talking end of 2010 time for the .45's
Old 02-05-2010, 22:02   #489
5pointstar78

Holly Cow!!!!!!!!! I've been looking for just this. I have a RRA LAR9 but unsatisfied with the magazine situation. I am all over this and want one ASAP. Come Monday I want to order a stripped lower.
Old 02-05-2010, 23:16   #490
ainokea

Quote:
Next, Compact 9,40,357
Then Full Size 10,45

How bout a single stack glock lower. of course that would mean new magazines.

Okay how about a Timber Wolf Judge that shoots 45lc and 410? It worked to taurus

Old 02-05-2010, 23:47   #491
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvp View Post
I called they were talking end of 2010 time for the .45's
that's good, I am in no hurry, I still have a Glock 29 to get sometime, if a CETME doesn't get in the way. Seems there is always something getting in the way of me doing the Glock 29.

Old 02-06-2010, 14:19   #492
N.D.Glock23

Double the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
That is why I was hoping LWD would go to building frames for the G20 G21 next after these new ones hit the market. I could get a frame and build me a Mechtech with one in 10mm.
Bullman:
I'm not real up to date on this Mechtech option, you mentioned, so can ya fill me in a little, or do you maybe have a link to their website you can post for me?

I'm curious to know if one of these Mechtech carbine conversions would be a good short range hunting platform, Does it mount a Holo-Sight/scope very well on it and would it really compare well Vis/Vis just using a 10MM AR platform for SD/HD and short range hunting, or is it just the good economics and logistics of turning one gun into 2 that you like?

N.D.

LWD:

Just spit-balling an idea here Dan, and I'm sorry for the topic twist but . . .

Seeing as how LWD is breaking all the molds lately *PUN INTENDED*
How about doing some molding of a SB BullPUP or a Glock 10MM? GF Based Bullpup Conversion?

For SD/SHTF/Survival types of purposes where I live; because of
"The illegality issues" in owning a SBR here, I'm finding it just impossible to beat a compact Bullpup PKG and if you can combine this W/a HI- on board -CAP of say like a FNP90/Thomson's/AK's/AR's Drum's/Beta MAG's holding 50 to 100+rnds? Then WOOO HOOO! build a HI-CAP Bullpup PDW in a potent cal. that works for both SD and Deer/Hog Hunting W/O too much recoil for fast follow up SD shooting

N.D. Why not just go W/a AR like every one else?

The only Tac. AR's that suit me are the forbidden SBR's . . . I'm short W/short arms and I like a very short compact (overall length) ergonomic stocked weapon PKG "especially in very tight home/vehicle situations & and that means I can only "Legally" go W/a BULLPUP PDW type carbine, for my needs even though the trigs almost
always su** nasty pond water! "HINT! HINT!"

"If some one will build it!?" (total PKG.)to be competitive with the AR or even at a lower price then (us munchkins) "they will come" and (we) "they will buy it!" (Buying it Probably in droves that would also include lots of big people too!)

Thanks!

N.D.
Old 02-06-2010, 15:41   #493
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Lone wolf sells the CCUs on their website

I just figured it would be cheaper than the AR route, plus this was before I knew that Lone Wolf was selling lowers that took Glock 10mm mags. Check them out for yourself.

http://www.mechtechsys.com/

Old 02-06-2010, 17:47   #494
N.D.Glock23

Quote:
Lone wolf sells the CCUs on their website

I just figured it would be cheaper than the AR route, plus this was before I knew that Lone Wolf was selling lowers that took Glock 10mm mags. Check them out for yourself.

http://www.mechtechsys.com/
Thank you very kindly for providing the link that was WAY Cool!

N.D.
Old 02-06-2010, 20:09   #495
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

glad I could help. There was one member on here that had fitted his with a folding Uzi stock, it looked awesome.

Old 02-07-2010, 13:20   #496
N.D.Glock23

Quote:
glad I could help. There was one member on here that had fitted his with a folding Uzi stock, it looked awesome.
A folding stock does sound pretty good . . .

For a handy light Hunting carbine PKG that would even work well for a back packer.

Hey! Just for S&G's have you seen the Magpul Proto. foldable Glock conversion, if you haven't seen it check it out on You Tube it folds up to the size of a day planner its really really cool too bad they would be NFA AOW even if they did put it into production we couldn't get one!!!

Now to get what I want I just need a CO. to produce a compact Bullpup PKG (BP is only way to get a shouldered NFA OAl Firearm Legaly in MI.) that can fit the PDW hi cap needs ala the FNP90 as well as being able to serve the short range big game hunting role and then I'm all set!

One weapon than serves to perform other needed tasks is one I definitely want to base my kit on when TSHTF!

Thanks again!

N.D.
Old 02-11-2010, 15:20   #497
wganz

Send a message via AIM to wganz
Been about a week. Any updates?
Sub Club #155
Old 02-12-2010, 16:21   #498
Ghostrider_911
Ghostrider_911

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Very soon. We rolled the latest, greatest version out of the molds yesterday. Plan to run a few rounds through it today. If all goes well we should have the proto version ready for delivery mid to late February.
Hi JR, will you be adding any texture to the front of the trigger guard at all (aestheic purposes more than anything else)?

I can see that I'd still have areas of the frame stippled to increase grip-texture (mostly the current smooth areas) and reduce the beavertail (don't need it), but love the rest of the design.

Looking forward to your "GLOCK" frames. Looks like they will be priced right too.

Last question, the lower receiver/frame serial numbers, I don't suppose we can have these made to correspond, or be similar to the factory GLOCK upper (say with an LWD suffix or similar)?

"Just because you don't see us, doesn't mean that we're not there!"
Old 02-12-2010, 17:05   #499
Hackett

Send a message via AIM to Hackett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider_911 View Post
Last question, the lower receiver/frame serial numbers, I don't suppose we can have these made to correspond, or be similar to the factory GLOCK upper (say with an LWD suffix or similar)?
That sounds like a big PITA to do or keep track of!

Anything that streamlines them being ready for purchase is a win in my book!

Can't wait to have one in my hands, though I know I need to order a 3 pin locking block and mag catch at the same time.
Beretta Club Member #1, Tactical Shotgun Club #1884,
1911 Owners Group #1884 (pending), Sig Club #1884, Florida Glocker #1884, 21 Club #1884, GTDS Life Member
Old 02-12-2010, 17:43   #500
Ghostrider_911
Ghostrider_911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
That sounds like a big PITA to do or keep track of!
If there is a will, there is a way. I'm not asking for you, I'm asking for me.

I like parts that match as a complete weapon, as opposed to "lego building" in general (same way I don't buy multiple AR uppers for a single lower).

Thanks for your opinion anyway.

"Just because you don't see us, doesn't mean that we're not there!"