SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-26-2010, 22:23   #861
bel970

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawShootr View Post
You seem to be having one hell of a hard time getting these things to market.

I hope the beta-testers report back favorably one these things are released.

I wonder..............can't the frames you have be salvaged? Maybe you can make the bureaucrats happy by stamping or engraving SNs on them? Then proceed with the mods to the SN plates with the next run.

I would have been on this deal if I hadn't just recently bought a G17.
I'm sure JR can tell you more than I can but from I my experience in both the plastics and firearms industries I can tell you this. prototyping is not a quick process, nor is it cheap. I'd hate to be getting the bill for those molds especially considering there has been several changes already and that's just since shot show. most any machine shop can make the molds, not a whole lot of companies with the equipment to shoot the frames though, so they aren't just doing work for lone wolf, unless of course somebody dropped a lot of money.

the atf is not fun to deal with, what works for one agent and office does not fly for another, we had a local agent at one point that considered changing sights to be manufacturing. and they are in no hurry to get anything done for those of us who follow the law.

you think this is bad, you should try watching sig sauer, they take a couple years to get something out then a few more to get the accessories out. still haven't seen the uppers for the p250 line, or the subcompacts. and they have very deep pockets, engineers on staff and several machine shops.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:00   #862
damien
Not the Omen

JR,

Keep plugging away. Your hard work is appreciated.
GSSF member, NRA Life Member, Galatians 2:16, John 6:47
Old 05-27-2010, 09:06   #863
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
FYI: If you have an order for one of the prototype frames your order is still good. If you decide to cancel your order all you have to do is email us and it will be taken care of.

This situation is a small unforeseen hiccup resulting in a slight delay of delivery. My guys have all agreed on the fix and we are confident BATF will sign off on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:20   #864
furioso2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainokea View Post
Thanks for the update, totally out of your control. It may actually give people enough time to get the SF trigger housing and 9mm ejectors.
I'd guess that if he has to re-do the molds, these issues would be taken care of since they are already changed for the production models. What about it, JR? Does this mean that we testers will actually be getting the full-on production frame (non-SF TH?)? Also, for those of us who ordered the SF TH with the Timberwolf frame, should we cancel that part of our order, or will it be automatically cancelled, presuming that we only ordered it to go with the frame that required it?

Thanks again for all of your work on this. It's really a labor of love, running a business, and especially something like this. I suppose I'd be a-cursin' and a-kickin', a-fussin' and a-snortin' if I were in your shoes. All we have investe thus far is time and anticipation. You've put all aspects of LWD to the test with this one. We appreciate it.

I am not surprised at the required delays; even in the good ol' US of A, gun manufacturing is not a rubber-stamp kind of deal, especially top-quality custom items like this. I am anxious to get one and try it out, but happier that it will be 'just right.' I had hoped to coincide my testing with Memorial Day, but now I'll set my hopes for 4th of July/Independence Day weekend - another good time to celebrate Americanism in this way. Cheers, enjoy your Memorial weekend.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:38   #865
DrugRunR

I wouldn't make any changes to your order at this time.
It most likely will always take the SF TH due to size

Lets shoot for July 4th :-)
Old 05-27-2010, 16:29   #866
WDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugRunR View Post
It most likely will always take the SF TH due to size

Lets shoot for July 4th :-)
I believe your right. LWD is manufacturing their own. I think he said they weren't happy with the product yet, and we would need to provide our own for the T&E.
For 7 or 8 bucks, I wouldn't take a chance and cancel the part.
Old 05-27-2010, 17:10   #867
furioso2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDN View Post
I believe your right. LWD is manufacturing their own. I think he said they weren't happy with the product yet, and we would need to provide our own for the T&E.
For 7 or 8 bucks, I wouldn't take a chance and cancel the part.
I see that was posted in JR's previous post regarding ordering the SF TH. So my question becomes: will the frames modified to meet BATFE's serial number plate issue include the LWD TH, or should we keep our orders with the SF TH if we don't already have one. I don't mind paying the $7.50, I just don't need any more currently-unnecessary-to-me Glock parts to add to the mountain I've accumulated thus far. I'm trying to whittle it down, engage in the whole reduce/reuse/recycle idea, rather than pile it up. Also I'm interested to know just exactly what I have on my hands. If it's a LWD frame with Glock SF TH, great. If it's a LWD frame with LWD SF-style TH, likely even better. I just like to know, and it's something to post about here.
Old 05-27-2010, 18:04   #868
WDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioso2112 View Post
I just don't need any more currently-unnecessary-to-me Glock parts to add to the mountain I've accumulated thus far.
Yea, It doesn't take long too accumulate a bunch of parts. I imagine he would let us know if he get's his own TH in before the current frame issue is resolved.
Old 05-27-2010, 18:09   #869
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

I can wait. Nothing big happens until starting in June for me anyway. Give me more time to get some more .40 ammo for the standard/Gen 2 upgrade I'll be testing.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Old 05-27-2010, 18:13   #870
49erRider
G19

Send a message via AIM to 49erRider
A little off topic but I held one at the NRA show and it is complete perfection!
Old 05-27-2010, 19:06   #871
rkrk

Maybe this delay will give me the time I need to find a G 22 to trade for my gen 3 G 23?

rk
Old 05-27-2010, 22:26   #872
ainokea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
I can wait. Nothing big happens until starting in June for me anyway. Give me more time to get some more .40 ammo for the standard/Gen 2 upgrade I'll be testing.
Just a FYI, walmart in Everett and Lynnwood had a bunch of Winchester white box .40s&w come in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-28-2010, 00:44   #873
hunt_ak

I guess this'll give me time to get all the receiver parts that way I don-t have to pimp out my G22....
Old 05-28-2010, 10:44   #874
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Just a FYI, walmart in Everett and Lynnwood had a bunch of Winchester white box .40s&w come in.
May have to pop up to Walmart off 164th later, then . . .

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Old 05-28-2010, 10:54   #875
JR
GT Sponsor

The SF TH is a separate issue from what we are dealing with now. You will need a SF TH to assymble the TimberWolf frame. Do not cancel your order for the SF TH.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:03   #876
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

JR, I do NOT want my order somehow cancelled.... I can wait, as things like this take time.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Old 05-28-2010, 13:20   #877
juicespeare1

Me too!

I'll wait as long as it takes.

Just want to get mine to paint it and shoot it. I've decided this will be my summer project this year.
Old 05-30-2010, 22:14   #878
hunt_ak

I'm assuming the SF TH's that were allocated to the T&E frames are still going to come once you get the ATF issue resolved??
Old 05-31-2010, 17:08   #879
rsm688

I'm fine on waiting, no big deal.....coming up with new products is not cheap, easy, or quick.

-spencer-
Old 05-31-2010, 19:36   #880
JR
GT Sponsor

Nothing changes in that regard. The order is still standing and good to go unless you decide to cancel