Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:47   #941
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioso2112 View Post
Okay - I think I have this straight: I have ordered the frame (which includes the mag release), a SF-TH, a 9mm TH, and a mag catch spring. Other than the trigger parts and pins is there anything I need have this set up as an essentially ready-to-go frame? Thanks.

You’re good to go….. You didn’t mention the slide lock lever and slide lock spring but I am sure you have those taken care of.

Mags
Ammo
Shooting Glasses
Ear Protection
Shooting Range
Targets
But those are a “give me”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Want to see more?
Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:53   #942
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Well, my dealer, who is a Lone Wolf stocking dealer type, is very interested in seeing the new frame. I'll have to pry it out of their hands when it gets in.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Old 06-22-2010, 19:29   #943
furioso2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWD Armorer View Post
You’re good to go….. You didn’t mention the slide lock lever and slide lock spring but I am sure you have those taken care of.

Mags
Ammo
Shooting Glasses
Ear Protection
Shooting Range
Targets
But those are a “give me”
Yeah, 'check' on all the above. I was under time pressure writing the last post, deleted some stuff that made it less clear than it even ended up being.

I have been trying to think of just how to word it...the more pain-in-the-neck parts to put in the frame is what I was getting at, but even that doesn't capture it. Glock (Glock-type? Glock compatible? Timberwolf?) is tops for simplicity, so having any measure that indicates that it is a pain-in-the-neck, difficult, etc. is inaccurate.

I just want to have a Timberwolf frame that has its own parts that I don't typically disassemble on a full clean - like the trigger housing/ejector, mag release/spring, etc. I was just trying to imagine, while ordering and not in front of any gun-related stuff and not in a Glock-ish-assembly frame of mind, what other parts I might order so that somewhere down the road I don't remember there is one $3 part that I forgot to order that would make my life a ways easier. Probably just another mental process I developed to rationalize thinking about guns instead of the other things I should have been thinking about. And another way to lounge around this thread to see if any new posts pop up.

Anyway, I'm glad I waited this long to order because I lost my thread protector at a 3-gun last weekend (forgot to loc-tite it, didn't carry loc-tite with me and was shooting Trooper class, so gotta make do with what I started the match with). And, of course, since I was ordering, threw in a flash hider...just for kicks.

Incidentally, regarding one of my previous posts about the bayonet - had I taken it to the 3-gun last weekend, I couls have gotten some use out of it on 2 of the 6 stages - there was a darkroom shoot and a target on the other side of the card-table to begin one stage that I could have used it on. Maybe next time, but there were several reasons I didn't this time. Chief among them is safety. I'm not familiar enough with the guys shooting there or with the range/stages to start distracting with non-essentials. Alright, I gotta stop this post at some point. Cheers.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:34   #944
MrVvrroomm

Just for clarification purpose: does the ordered, included SF trigger housing need modification too? I assume it does.

Thanks!

Certified Glock Armorer
Old 06-23-2010, 09:38   #945
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
The factory SFTH has a 10/45 ejector. If you plan to build a 45 GAP you are good to go, use it as is. If you plan to build a 9/40/357 you will use pliers to pull the 10/45 ejector straight out and replace it with a 9/40 ejector from your other TH

Old 06-23-2010, 10:14   #946
MrVvrroomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
The factory SFTH has a 10/45 ejector. If you plan to build a 45 GAP you are good to go, use it as is. If you plan to build a 9/40/357 you will use pliers to pull the 10/45 ejector straight out and replace it with a 9/40 ejector from your other TH
perfect!

Certified Glock Armorer
Old 06-24-2010, 10:17   #947
quirartefamily1

JR any word on shipment?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:02   #948
JR
GT Sponsor

Ran a bunch of frames last night. I have some supposed to be delivered to me today. Should be on the way to you guys Monday or Tuesday at the latest!

Old 06-24-2010, 11:36   #949
quirartefamily1

Great look forward to next week.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:53   #950
doodi1

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirartefamily1 View Post
Great look forward to next week.
Old 06-24-2010, 13:35   #951
furioso2112

I sent a reply to the email I received just now:

this indicates the T&E frames are $35, rather than the $75+$10 = $85...:

LWD is selling the demo versions of our newly introduced Timerwolf frame. Great to get the feel of the frame with the interchangeable back straps. Use as a display or demo unit.

All the same feature as the functional frame, but has had the rails removed. Comes with the round magazine catch, two back straps for the 1911 or Sig "feel".

Don't miss out on this for the unbelievable price of $35.00.

This was the bottom section of the e-mail I received in the last hour or so from LWD advertising the frame.
Old 06-24-2010, 13:40   #952
smoke

Hell, much as I hate the thing, I'd try one for that price. Can somebody confirm the $35?
Old 06-24-2010, 13:42   #953
doodi1

The frames for $35 are without "RAILS" so they are useless for making into guns.Only for Demo purposes.
Old 06-24-2010, 13:43   #954
smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodi1 View Post
The frames for $35 are without "RAILS" so they are useless for making into guns.Only for Demo purposes.
Oops, missed that. Never Mind!
Old 06-24-2010, 13:47   #955
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Well something is plugging along as the General Public sale e-mail pinged my gmail account last night. Hope to see it in time to wring it out at an instructor conference in July and before then with some local Washington folks!

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Old 06-24-2010, 13:55   #956
JR
GT Sponsor

You guys are funny!

Old 06-24-2010, 13:59   #957
furioso2112

Yep - no rails demo deal...
Old 06-24-2010, 15:39   #958
crosse
Caped Crusader

i guess...you could teach people how to assemble a frame on it and dealers could buy it to show off the potential new kid on the block?
Old 06-24-2010, 15:40   #959
JR
GT Sponsor

The Demo frames are gutted. They will not hold parts.

Old 06-26-2010, 17:48   #960
Airborne12b

So when might these frames be shipped at this point? I was under the impression they were going to be shipping to dealers this past week...so when might I get my hands on this? Thanks.