SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-15-2010, 22:21   #1041
Ntelligent-Donkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDN View Post
I would've expected the frame to work with any Glock mag I throw at it, just like a Glock. I don't plan on spending more money on mags when I have as many as I do now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
FYI: We have already modified the mold. The regular production frames will not have this issue.
I would guess that unless you already have your T&E frame that this will not be an issue. It sounds like any frames that have not shipped yet will have be fixed, quite possibly some that have already shipped have also have been fixed.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:30   #1042
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Don’t try to put too much thought into this....
If your mag fits (like most others) your good to go, have a blast.
If your mag is too tight (like a few have been) you need to find another mag.... then have a blast.

FYI: I have only seen a handful of mags that were too tight to fit. This tells me there will be more out there. Hopefully you do not own one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 07-17-2010, 14:45   #1043
hunt_ak

Since many of us (including myself) have received shipment notifications, I was expecting scores of pictures to be uploaded for my viewing pleasure. I'm stuck here at work and wont be able to get to my frame for a while. WHERE'S THE PICS?!
Old 07-17-2010, 14:47   #1044
Jon_R
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
Since many of us (including myself) have received shipment notifications, I was expecting scores of pictures to be uploaded for my viewing pleasure. I'm stuck here at work and wont be able to get to my frame for a while. WHERE'S THE PICS?!
My FFL does not have it yet. Not sure if I will make it a G17 or a G35 for the initial testing. Eventually it will be a G34.

But it was shipped.
Old 07-17-2010, 16:20   #1045
paulbow

I won't have mine till this Friday at the earliest.
Old 07-17-2010, 18:17   #1046
triehl27

Testing

Like so many others i have my shipped notice.

Originally i was planning a 17L. But common sense and practicality came into play. I am mostly set up for 40S&Wso i will plannfor a G24. But for testing i am going with a OEM glock 22 upperto cut down on variables in testing. if the g22 test positive i'll move on to the full custom G24 upper setup.

"Standing or sitting when not lying down."

Actually in all truth, my boss doesn't know his own position, and since he's had it for 10 years he won't ask his boss what he actually is supposed to do.

Greatest Quote EVER:(In regards to Gecko_45's diatribe on body armor)
"If plan A is to take multiple rounds of .308 in your back, I'd come up with a Plan B"
Old 07-19-2010, 18:33   #1047
mvician
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Thank you for your recent order.

Your order was shipped on 7/19/2010

Your invoice is attached.

Lone Wolf Distributors

Old 07-19-2010, 18:43   #1048
Jon_R
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
My FFL does not have it yet. Not sure if I will make it a G17 or a G35 for the initial testing. Eventually it will be a G34.

But it was shipped.
Just picked it up. Assembling it now. Need to look up how to remove the mag release spring.
Old 07-19-2010, 20:05   #1049
WDN

Just picked mine up!

Assembly is complete.
Well, it's definitely tight. I have 11 G17 mags. All are tight. 8 are LE mags, 2 were bought after the ban and have #4 followers if that helps at all. One is a KCI mag. Only two eject by themselves when the mags are empty.One LE and the KCI. 33 rounders will fit when loaded but they need a good push. The problem with that is, the back strap falls off when holding it that tight and pushing the mag home. I hope that doesn't happen during a speed reload as it comes off very easy.

The slide is also very tight. Goes on well, but gets real tight after it slides onto the back rails. May help with accuracy but I think it could use just a little polishing.

The finish on the frame is nice and smooth. It doesn't actually feel or look like the same material as a Glock. It seems stiffer then a Glock. I will be interested if that affects perceived recoil. The frame weighs 5.7 ounces with all internal parts vs my Glock frame at 5.4 ounces.

The only thing loose is the mag release. It seems to be too loose but I guess the shooting test will help determine that. The mag release does feel lighter. I used a new spring, maybe it's out of spec?

All 3 frame pins fit tight, as they should. But the trigger housing pin (G427) sticks out on both sides. I may just trim it down a little bit, but I'm wondering if the 4th gen pin would fit better?

I probably won't get time to shoot it until this weekend so that's it for now.

Let me know if any of you guys think of a way to fix the mag issue without having to invest in new mags. BTW, my G22 mags are also very tight in the frame.
Old 07-19-2010, 20:18   #1050
Jon_R
Silver Membership

I just assembled mine and all my different mags drop free empty to include the mags from my Gen 2 G17 my oldest. The backstraps went on very secure for me so double check that.

I like the mag release. I hope to get out with it during the week.

Mine is 247 in case there is any different inside the proto run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDN View Post
Just picked mine up!

Assembly is complete.
Well, it's definitely tight. I have 11 G17 mags. All are tight. 8 are LE mags, 2 were bought after the ban and have #4 followers if that helps at all. One is a KCI mag. Only two eject by themselves when the mags are empty.One LE and the KCI. 33 rounders will fit when loaded but they need a good push. The problem with that is, the back strap falls off when holding it that tight and pushing the mag home. I hope that doesn't happen during a speed reload as it comes off very easy.

The slide is also very tight. Goes on well, but gets real tight after it slides onto the back rails. May help with accuracy but I think it could use just a little polishing.

The finish on the frame is nice and smooth. It doesn't actually feel or look like the same material as a Glock. It seems stiffer then a Glock. I will be interested if that affects perceived recoil. The frame weighs 5.7 ounces with all internal parts vs my Glock frame at 5.4 ounces.

The only thing loose is the mag release. It seems to be too loose but I guess the shooting test will help determine that. The mag release does feel lighter. I used a new spring, maybe it's out of spec?

All 3 frame pins fit tight, as they should. But the trigger housing pin (G427) sticks out on both sides. I may just trim it down a little bit, but I'm wondering if the 4th gen pin would fit better?

I probably won't get time to shoot it until this weekend so that's it for now.

Let me know if any of you guys think of a way to fix the mag issue without having to invest in new mags. BTW, my G22 mags are also very tight in the frame.
Old 07-19-2010, 20:30   #1051
WDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
I just assembled mine and all my different mags drop free empty to include the mags from my Gen 2 G17 my oldest. The backstraps went on very secure for me so double check that.

I like the mag release. I hope to get out with it during the week.

Mine is 247 in case there is any different inside the proto run.
Mine is 13X Jon_R

I really like the grip angle with the curved back strap. More natural point-ability after practicing the draw stroke for a few minutes.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:01   #1052
khamill2000

Now mine says "awaiting FFL approval" What does that mean? My ffl told me he faxed in all of his info.

edit:
Just talked with my FFL. He says that he was asked to fax in his info again.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:54   #1053
DrugRunR

I got home yesterday to a phone msg. They need payment info.
Its strange because they had charged my card but then refunded it when they had a issue with the frames. Guess I will call them this morning. Its a shame that everyone doesn't get to work at 6am.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:03   #1054
khamill2000

The amount on my invoice has changed but no phone calls
Old 07-20-2010, 07:46   #1055
raph84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugRunR View Post
I got home yesterday to a phone msg. They need payment info.
Its strange because they had charged my card but then refunded it when they had a issue with the frames. Guess I will call them this morning. Its a shame that everyone doesn't get to work at 6am.
I had a similar issue when I asked that they add some items to my order, I guess when they modify an order for some reason they lose all the payment info.
(I even saved my credit card info after I saw that the payment info had disappeared from my invoice, but they still needed the CVC2 code on the back of the card ).
Old 07-20-2010, 08:15   #1056
Goodspeed(TPF)

I am currently: "Awaiting Back-Ordered Items" Oh well, I guess someone has to wait.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:51   #1057
egnash

Got a text from my FFL this morning. Gonna pick it up this afternoon. Shoot it Friday and Saturday.

Tell you how it worked after...
Old 07-20-2010, 13:31   #1058
Ntelligent-Donkey

Just picked it up and put it together. I don't like the flat back strap very much. The locking block fit very tight, and as someone else mentioned the trigger housing pin seems a little long because of the narrower frame. I like the feel of it very much. Now its time to got to the range and see which magazines this plays nicely with.
Old 07-20-2010, 13:38   #1059
paulbow

Old 07-20-2010, 15:10   #1060
chadb

Picked mine up today, and the finish looks nice. During assembly the locking block was a tight fit, but other than that assembly was a snap. Putting the G17 slide on the frame also involved a tight fit. More use on the frame could loosen it up a bit.

I have smaller hands and when using the flat backstrap it points naturally straight when being drawn from a holster. The curved backstrap for me tends to make the front point up just like the original glock though not as much. I am still undecided on which one i like better.

I took it to the range and fired 300 rounds through it. No failures of any kind and mags dropped freely. After a while, the texturing on the front strap made it uncomfortable to hold when firing. My fingers are sore due to the front strap. I will remove the texturing on my own frame to fix that problem. I am still undecided on which backstrap i like better because they both performed the same for me when firing.