GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 02:37   #226
SilverGenius
Registered User
 
SilverGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth - near Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3
Send a message via AIM to SilverGenius
06 Supercharged GTO

505 RWHP - The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase
SilverGenius is offline  
Old 07-22-2010, 09:29   #227
ImpactBlue
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-lo View Post
The SHOT ShowCase
I had an 06' and sold it about a year ago. Now that I'm parting with my drift car I'll be back into another S2000. Love em!

Picture of mine for good measure (local drift event):
The SHOT ShowCase



This is what I was driving up until about a week ago.

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

How it sits now (crappy iphone picture)....

The SHOT ShowCase
ImpactBlue is offline  
Old 07-22-2010, 10:16   #228
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,172


My Blazer in its latest look.

The SHOT ShowCase
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 07-22-2010, 14:30   #229
chukb
Senior Member
 
chukb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 465
The SHOT ShowCase
__________________
Glock 19 (RTF2 no gills)
Glock 23 (RTF2 w/GNS & gills)
Glock 26 (Gen4)
Walther P22
chukb is offline  
Old 07-22-2010, 20:47   #230
drc767
Navy CSAR
 
drc767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,492
My 65 vette


The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase
drc767 is offline  
Old 07-23-2010, 04:59   #231
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy
 
OfficerChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schnitzelhausen
Posts: 7,498
Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger56528 View Post
Here are a few of my rides....
The SHOT ShowCase
reminds me of this

The SHOT ShowCase
__________________
Pinki: "I don't think you want to get wild OC style"
Personal hero: Lawman800
Paint me a picture! (top left button)
OfficerChris is offline  
Old 07-26-2010, 12:23   #232
Sleepr awd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12
The uber-rare 91 Galant VR4

The SHOT ShowCase
The SHOT ShowCase
Sleepr awd is offline  
Old 07-26-2010, 15:23   #233
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy
 
OfficerChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schnitzelhausen
Posts: 7,498
Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
nice looks like a car a drug dealer would drive :P
__________________
Pinki: "I don't think you want to get wild OC style"
Personal hero: Lawman800
Paint me a picture! (top left button)
OfficerChris is offline  
Old 07-26-2010, 22:08   #234
Sleepr awd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
nice looks like a car a drug dealer would drive :P
I've been informed by more urban individuals that drug dealers really like them because they can easily run from the cops in them. 2.0 turbo awd cars and all :P

I bought mine this way, but I like the look and the hx40 turbo with a 2.4 hybrid makes for pretty good times at the track. 12.6 @ 105 on street tires and 14psi, will be turning the boost up to 30 very very soon and looking for high 10s
Sleepr awd is offline  
Old 07-26-2010, 22:32   #235
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,172


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepr awd View Post
I've been informed by more urban individuals that drug dealers really like them because they can easily run from the cops in them. 2.0 turbo awd cars and all :P

I bought mine this way, but I like the look and the hx40 turbo with a 2.4 hybrid makes for pretty good times at the track. 12.6 @ 105 on street tires and 14psi, will be turning the boost up to 30 very very soon and looking for high 10s


I wouldn't run from the cops and expect to get away in a DSM without it breaking down first.

I don't think 10's are in the cards with that setup unless your GVR4 is stripped down to nothing and you are at sea level with a flawless 7k launch on 4 DRs. Just my opinion.

<--- Founding Colorado DSM member with two GVR4s, three 1Gs and a pile of Starquests under his belt.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 18:10   #236
tehan2
NRA & GOAL
 
tehan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Breaking the law in CT
Posts: 2,901
Cochese,

tell me about the blazer. . . and compare it to your stage II allroad for me.

I also have a stage II allroad and I'm thinking of the SAAB 9-7x aero as a replacement. It's the same as the trailblazer SS with a few better creature comforts and slightly upgraded suspension. BUT I'm afraid I'll miss the allroad when it's gone
tehan2 is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 18:37   #237
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,172


Quote:
Originally Posted by tehan2 View Post
Cochese,

tell me about the blazer. . . and compare it to your stage II allroad for me.

I also have a stage II allroad and I'm thinking of the SAAB 9-7x aero as a replacement. It's the same as the trailblazer SS with a few better creature comforts and slightly upgraded suspension. BUT I'm afraid I'll miss the allroad when it's gone
I like them both for different reasons. The Aero doesn't come with better suspension or any other options available with a 3SS TBSS. The TBSS has adjustable rear suspension, same engine, available nav, dvd etc. The only difference I can think of are HIDs and fancy Saab cupholders.

My allroad is a different kind of fun to drive. I added Hotchkis sway bars and dropped it via the 402 mod. The SS handles as well, maybe better. The SS brakes better. The SS is about as fast acceleration wise. Both top out around 140-150 mph. The allroad gets better mpg but not by much. They hold the same amount of cargo except the SS doesn't have a roof rack. (I think the Saab does have a rack).

I say keep the allroad and buy a TBSS. Probably 10k cheaper than the Aero.

__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 20:55   #238
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy
 
OfficerChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schnitzelhausen
Posts: 7,498
Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepr awd View Post
I've been informed by more urban individuals that drug dealers really like them because they can easily run from the cops in them. 2.0 turbo awd cars and all :P

I bought mine this way, but I like the look and the hx40 turbo with a 2.4 hybrid makes for pretty good times at the track. 12.6 @ 105 on street tires and 14psi, will be turning the boost up to 30 very very soon and looking for high 10s
12.6 with or without the trunk full of drugs?

I have never seen this model, guess they didnt sell it here in Europe. But looking at the data - awd and turbo - I do think it would be a waste of money to just use it for quarter mile races. It would be a very car for a "real" racetrack.
__________________
Pinki: "I don't think you want to get wild OC style"
Personal hero: Lawman800
Paint me a picture! (top left button)
OfficerChris is offline  
Old 07-28-2010, 09:33   #239
tehan2
NRA & GOAL
 
tehan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Breaking the law in CT
Posts: 2,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post

I say keep the allroad and buy

in a perfect world, that's what I'd do, but the allroad is coming up on 200,000 miles this month, and even though I do the repairs myself (mostly) it's getting to the point of costing what it's worth. It's going to need a timing belt again, water pump, diverters, cam seals, etc, etc. . .and the turbos are original.

And there's the fact that we're a 3 car garage with 4 cars and a motorcycle already (and I'm looking at quads for the kids). If the kids were older, I'd keep it for them, but there's 8 years before the oldest gets her license.
tehan2 is offline  
Old 07-28-2010, 09:43   #240
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,172


Quote:
Originally Posted by tehan2 View Post
in a perfect world, that's what I'd do, but the allroad is coming up on 200,000 miles this month, and even though I do the repairs myself (mostly) it's getting to the point of costing what it's worth. It's going to need a timing belt again, water pump, diverters, cam seals, etc, etc. . .and the turbos are original.

And there's the fact that we're a 3 car garage with 4 cars and a motorcycle already (and I'm looking at quads for the kids). If the kids were older, I'd keep it for them, but there's 8 years before the oldest gets her license.
That mileage changes my opinion.

If you can find an Aero cheap, go for it. Personally, It'd get a silver TBSS and toss in some HIDs and save 10k.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 07-29-2010, 13:05   #241
Sleepr awd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post


I wouldn't run from the cops and expect to get away in a DSM without it breaking down first.

I don't think 10's are in the cards with that setup unless your GVR4 is stripped down to nothing and you are at sea level with a flawless 7k launch on 4 DRs. Just my opinion.

<--- Founding Colorado DSM member with two GVR4s, three 1Gs and a pile of Starquests under his belt.
I've been told i'd need at least DR's to accomplish this, i've also been contemplating a switch to e85, which would allow me to run more timing and more boost (past 30psi that is). I should at least be able to hit low 11's with the current setup and then I can determine what i'd need to hit the top of 10s.

30psi should put me at around 500-550awhp. A friend has a 2.0l stock head/block making around that with the same sized turbo at around the same boost, so the displacement advantage should put me at about the same hopefully.

Also considering a switch of turbo's to a H1E or similarly sized turbo,

the 12.6 was full interior and removed the spare(s), with the small spare and full size spare in the trunk it was a 12.77. No drugs.... that i'll admit to... also cutting relatively crappy 60' times bc i had no stutterbox and it was the first time at the track. think 1.8/1.9 ish

I also don't know that they made them in Europe, I do know they made them in Japan and continue to make current generations of them. As for road racing, I'm afraid that could be more costly overall than my current venture. For relation, I believe the EVO 1-3 are fairly similar to teh GVR4
Sleepr awd is offline  
Old 07-29-2010, 13:13   #242
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,172


E85 is a great idea with a good tune. I'm thinking about it with my Allroad when I throw on my K04s.

Stutterbox 7k launch, DRs, 33-35 psi on E85 and that turbo will get you low 11s at sea level with a good R/T. My friend has a green 92. We built the shot out of it. Love those cars. Just wanted something new smelling and a bit more reliable.

Good luck, have fun and stay safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepr awd View Post
I've been told i'd need at least DR's to accomplish this, i've also been contemplating a switch to e85, which would allow me to run more timing and more boost (past 30psi that is). I should at least be able to hit low 11's with the current setup and then I can determine what i'd need to hit the top of 10s.

30psi should put me at around 500-550awhp. A friend has a 2.0l stock head/block making around that with the same sized turbo at around the same boost, so the displacement advantage should put me at about the same hopefully.

Also considering a switch of turbo's to a H1E or similarly sized turbo,

the 12.6 was full interior and removed the spare(s), with the small spare and full size spare in the trunk it was a 12.77. No drugs.... that i'll admit to... also cutting relatively crappy 60' times bc i had no stutterbox and it was the first time at the track. think 1.8/1.9 ish

I also don't know that they made them in Europe, I do know they made them in Japan and continue to make current generations of them. As for road racing, I'm afraid that could be more costly overall than my current venture. For relation, I believe the EVO 1-3 are fairly similar to teh GVR4
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 07-29-2010, 23:10   #243
Sleepr awd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12
thanks Always good to meet a fan.
Sleepr awd is offline  
Old 07-30-2010, 01:46   #244
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,172


You bet.

And welcome to GT!
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 07-31-2010, 10:01   #245
7th District
Senior Member
 
7th District's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 158
Pontiac Grand Prix GXP w/ 5.3L LS4 V8. It's a great road trip car with plenty of passing power. According to press reports it hangs with a Hemi Charger until the lower triple digits. The FWD can hurt some the driving enjoyment. But living in an area that can see snow covered roads 5 months out of the year requires some compromises.

The SHOT ShowCase

Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon. We missed our old TJ, and I rarely used the bed of my truck. So enter the JK. It really makes a better DD then our TJ ever did. I had my doubts, but the 3.8L V6 has won me over.

The SHOT ShowCase
__________________
"The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt
7th District is offline  
Old 07-31-2010, 10:12   #246
Anonimo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 406
The SHOT ShowCase
The SHOT ShowCase
Anonimo is offline  
Old 08-04-2010, 16:14   #247
caviteno_loco
Armed_Nurse
 
caviteno_loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South FL
Posts: 316
Here's my ride..

The SHOT ShowCase
__________________
Once you go Glock, you ain't coming back...
caviteno_loco is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 19:16   #248
98_1LE
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,313
My daily driver, photo taken today, although I have raised the front 1/4" since the photo was taken, and will be raising the rear 3/8" later tonight when it cools off.
The SHOT ShowCase

And one of the Trans Am from the 2008 BBORR:
The SHOT ShowCase
98_1LE is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 17:49   #249
Glockman1000
Senior Member
 
Glockman1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 1,042
GSXR1000 K5
The SHOT ShowCase

C5 Z06
The SHOT ShowCase
__________________
Mike
Glock's I own = G17L 3rd gen, G20 2nd gen, G22 2nd gen, G31 3rd gen
Glockman1000 is offline  
Old 08-22-2010, 05:56   #250
GMAN12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: S. E. Mich.
Posts: 278
Here is my two.

Last edited by GMAN12; 03-07-2011 at 06:17..
GMAN12 is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:08.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,276
357 Members
919 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42