Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-13-2011, 15:03   #1
Unkind

Another LaserMax question...

While I've never used or been a fan of lasers, recently I've been thinking that it wouldn't be a bad tool in the toolbox "IF" I ever did encounter a situation where I thought it would be beneficial. I am contemplating putting a LaserMax guide rod laser on my G19 carry weapon.

I read in some older threads that the guide rod can break and cause the gun to not fire. Is this true or does this still happen from time to time with the current run of LaserMax guide rod lasers? Or was this just a problem with earlier versions? Was it ever even a problem at all? As I said I think it would be a good tool to have in the toolbox if I ever needed it, but I do not want to compromise the integrity of my carry weapon for it. Thank you!
Unkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:56   #2
8541/9999

Most of the early problems occured with impropper instalation in firearms. Anybody can screw somthing up from time to time. On our new web sight due out the end of Jan will have instalation videos so even I counld not screw it up.
Have about 5000+ rounds through a Glock 21C with a lasermax all I do is change batteries once a year never had a problem,
8541/9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 23:44   #3
Unkind

So, to be clear, you are saying that with proper installation it is impossible for the laser to cause the weapon to be unable to fire due to a malfunction?

What I'm getting at is, I prefer the LaserMax to the Crimson Trace, but do not want to put it on a carry weapon if there is even a slight chance that a malfunction could cause the weapon not to fire.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:59   #4
Unkind

Dang I check this thing more than you do and I'm in Iraq!

Just giving you a hard time...I know you're probably on vacation or tied up.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:16   #5
8541/9999

I was at SHOT show in Vegas sorry it took so long Any mechanical device can fail if you install it wrong it surely will. Thousands of Mil/LE personel use our laser guide rods with no problems.
8541/9999 is offline   Reply With Quote