Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-26-2003, 18:43   #1
Pastorjohn

Petticoat Rule

Pastor Jack Schofield had just finished a three year tour as a Chaplain in the Marine Corps. He had been called to Baptist Headquarters in Tampa. The supervisor wanted him to take over a church where the women had completely taken over. A week later he reported to the church.

He spent three weeks observing and preaching about men being the head of the family. On the fourth Sunday, he made his move. He preached a powerful sermon on the man being the boss in his family. He put down his Bible and sternly addressed the crowd.

"I've been here four weeks and I see that the men of this church have let their wives run their families. This is endng today. Right now. I want every man who knows he is the boss in his house to come up here and stand by my side."

The congregation was quiet for ten minuts. Finally, one man came down the aisle.

"Brother, I'm proud of you. Now tell everyone here why you came down here with me."

"Pastor, my wife told me to come up."

The next day Pastor Schofield resigned and volunteered for a Chaplain post in Saudia Arabia.