Glocks new policies
I honestly don't know where else to put this on the board. I haven't seen anyone discussing Glocks changes in the last week on what FFLs can sell their product. Have no other FFLs on the board been affected? Refusing to allow small FFLs like myself to sell a customer a LE discount firearm because we aren't "stocking dealers" will ultimately be bad for Glocks business. Even if an officer finds one of the big "stocking dealers" out of state to order from, the gun will STILL have to be transferred through a local FFL, and that'll be a small guy like me, because there isn't a single brick and mortar traditional gun store that would qualify as a Glock "stocking dealer" within an hour of me.
For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, here is a cut and paste from my wholesaler earlier this week:
"GLOCK has instructed XXXXXXXXX to collect and modify information on all our current GLOCK customers and inform you all of current GLOCK rules, standards and requirements that must be adhered to in 2011
1. In order to be considered or to be able to be a LE GLOCK Stocking Dealer you must be a current GLOCK Stocking Dealer. (1 year contract)
2. If you are not a GSD, and you wish to offer LE GLOCKS, you must sign up for the GDS program with a minimum order of no less than 15 guns.
(see Shot Show Special attached)
3. If this is your first contract with GLOCK as a GSD, you will not be able to offer LE GLOCK until a 6 month grace period has passed. After the 6 months, you will then be able to stock and offer LE GLOCKS to qualified personal upon GI approval.
4. You must be a current GSD with no laps in contract time in order to continue to offer LE GLOCKS. If your contract lapses, you may have to wait up to 6 months before being able to continue LE business.
5. All GSD and Sub Distributors will be visited by their Regional GLOCK rep in the near future to ensure that MAP policies and LE Guideline are being followed. Any violation could result in being placed on GLOCKS “Do Not Sell” list
If you are one of our dealers who are currently part of Glock Stocking Dealer Program, I ask that you please contact me via email or by phone so that we can have you company verified and approved by GLOCK for future LE business.
There will be verification and approval timeline with GLOCK before XXXXX will be allowed to ship LE GLOCK’s to our dealers. In the mean time, we will not be allowed to ship any LE GLOCKS to dealers outside of our territory. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. This is a mandatory requirement from GLOCK.
If you are not a Current GSD, we cannot, under any circumstances sell you LE Glocks."
*Post contains personal opinion and should not be considered information released in an official capacity*