Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-15-2011, 19:33   #1
bal19

Replacing the stock sights on my Gen4 G19

Im looking into replacing the stock sights on my Gen4 G19 and am torn between trijicon and Truglo TFO. While i like the look of the TFO, i've read stories of the front sight breaking or falling off. I have heard nothing bad about trijicon but my sources are limited to google. Additionally, i recently ordered a crossbreed supertuck and want to make sure the front sight will clear the holster (another "issue" i have read about with TFO)

Any experience, advice, or insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 01-15-2011, 19:40   #2
Glock4President

Hello and welcome to the forum. Get the glock night sites. They rock. They look identical to the trijicon sites, but they are tennifer treated and offer a longer warranty. You will be very satisfied with them.
Glock4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 19:46   #3
Clay1

We think alike. I just bought a Super Tuck that will take a Crimson Trace LG436 for my new G19 4th Gen gun. Shopping for a good gun belt now. I ordered trijicon Novaks low profile. It's not all here yet, but look forward to having the whole package together.
Old 01-15-2011, 20:19   #4
skyboss_4evr

Meprolights for me. But I'd go with Trijicon before TruGlo sights.
Old 01-15-2011, 20:36   #5
KarlThomas

You might consider checking out this deal: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1304054
KarlThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 00:43   #6
bal19

Thanks Karl, now im torn between the trijicon novak and the ameriglo operator pros. Cant find much for reviews on the ameriglos, can anybody point me in the right direction? I looked at their website, but looking for a non-biased opinion/review.

Thanks again
Old 01-16-2011, 02:58   #7
cowboy1964

Where can you buy the Glock brand night sights?

Tenifer treated? Are rusty Trijicons or any other brand a big problem?
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:01   #8
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bal19 View Post
Im looking into replacing the stock sights on my Gen4 G19 and am torn between trijicon and Truglo TFO. While i like the look of the TFO, i've read stories of the front sight breaking or falling off. I have heard nothing bad about trijicon but my sources are limited to google. Additionally, i recently ordered a crossbreed supertuck and want to make sure the front sight will clear the holster (another "issue" i have read about with TFO)

Any experience, advice, or insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.
Trijicon and TFOs are two different animals. I wanted the TFOs primarily for the fiber optics - with the extra benefit of Tritium night sights.

When TFOs are properly installed, there is no problem with the front sight coming loose. See post #3 here:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1297677
I've installed a half dozen now using the above posted procedure and they remain tight through a lot of holstering in IDPA - and on a G34 where the front sight extends over the slide lightening cut.

My holster is a Blade-Tech and has a deep enough sight-tunnel. I have a cheap Fobus that also works fine. The TFO front sight is no taller than any stock sight - only longer, and the rear sight has a smooth rise from the slide and should present no problem with any holster but I have no direct experience with TFOs and any other holster.

As far as I'm concerned, you absolutely need a sight pusher to install TFOs. They are tight. Many others on this forum just get a sledge hammer and a steel pipe and bang away on them until they get them in the dovetail... Okay, that's tongue-in-cheek. Don't do that. TruGlo sees a lot of damaged sights from 'drifting'.
SARDG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:20   #9
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Where can you buy the Glock brand night sights?
Glock can install them for $57 last I heard. But a better and faster alternative would be to have a Glock armorer order and install them. Their cost is the same (plus shipping and perhaps a small installation charge.)
SARDG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:26   #10
Doc8404
Master Chief

Meprolight adjustables IMHO.
Doc8404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:32   #11
lethal tupperwa

using the search feature here

AmeriGlo offers the best selection of night sights available. Quality is first-rate, as the sights combine Trijicon lamps with white PVC O-rings for markers. A combination of sight profiles, blade and notch widths, marker configurations, sizes and lamp colors, offers something for everyone. I really like their Operator sights with a green front and yellow rear lamps!

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:42   #12
TSAX
USAF Vet

Take the Tru Glo over the Trijicons but look at the AmeriGlo or Meprolights as great options. My personal choice is the XS and Henie for dot over dot style, Sevigny Carry/Warrens, Mepro and AmeriGlo for 3 dot system and all black serrated, non and mix combo, as my top 5. Worked for a gun shop/range and for a Glock LE dealer and was luckier enough to try many options.

So many good points on here but how about all the different sight options. It seems as if Glock has more sight options than any other gun except maybe the 1911.

XS sights (Big or standard)
the Warren Tactical series (over 8 sets)
the Henie Slant Pro (over 5 sets)
the AmeriGlo collection (over 15 sets)
the Meprolights (about 7 combos)

the various fiber optics versions like Tru Glo
the Trijicons
the Sure Sight
the Advantage Tactical
PT Night Sights collection (over ten sets)

the factory box bar (steel, adj., plastic)
the dude that sells the glow in the dark stickers
the glow in the dark paint set
and there are probably more I forgot to mention
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:00   #13
girphoto

Also look at the Heinie Straight -eight. I replaced the sights on my G19 Gen4 and my G17 with them. The only difference is that on my G17 I put a FO in the front (use it for Steel Competition out doors and can not pick up the other front sight quick enough).
Photos of G19 Gen4 with new sights:

[IMG]Sights, Optics and Lasers[/IMG]

[IMG]Sights, Optics and Lasers[/IMG]

I use a Sparks Summer Special II IWB for the G19 Gen 4 with no problem on the sights (has built in sight rail) and for the G17, I use a Uncle Mike's OWB Kydex number 21 with the belt attachment.
Both work great and the carry easy.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:13   #14
gpo1956

Are Ameriglo's good to go? I remember when they first came out, there was a lot of complaints on the quality of their vials. I haven't researched night sights in several years, so I kind of lost touch on them. The Glocktalk special certainly seems like a heck of a deal.
gpo1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:15   #15
RMD

I've replaced stock sights with both XS Big Dots and Meps and both are great.
RMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:20   #16
gaffer97

I have Ameriglo Pro Operator ...Rear yellow... green ProGlo front with the orange ring. So far I like em.
gaffer97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:50   #17
dkf

Ameriglo has one of the best selections out there. Buy a set, mix match front rears or whatever. I really like my Hacks.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 13:45   #18
rick458
USS Texas BB-35

Here is my 17 with TFOs I locktighted the oval and threads
Sights, Optics and Lasers
at night
Old 01-16-2011, 22:02   #19
bal19

Thanks to all for their replies and advice. I decided to go with the ameriglo pro series for aesthetic reasons. As far as i could tell, they were comparable to the set of trijicons i was thinking about but did not have the white writing on the sides (i prefer to keep my gun flat black--just a personal preference). I will post when i get them installed and have had a chance to try them.
Old 01-16-2011, 22:21   #20
Palmguy
Boom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bal19 View Post
Thanks to all for their replies and advice. I decided to go with the ameriglo pro series for aesthetic reasons. As far as i could tell, they were comparable to the set of trijicons i was thinking about but did not have the white writing on the sides (i prefer to keep my gun flat black--just a personal preference). I will post when i get them installed and have had a chance to try them.
Ameriglo night sights are marked with the Trijicon name, H3 and the year of manufacture...just like Trijicon sights.
Palmguy is offline   Reply With Quote