Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-23-2011, 20:34   #1
mdfd

Is it just bad timing?

I went to a couple of the LGS in search of the Moss 930 SPX w/ PG. None of them had any in stock and none of their distributors had them. In fact, they couldn't even tell me when they expect any in....There were plenty of the regular stock versions though...
So what gives? Only ones I can find are on GB...Anyone have any leads as to where I can find one for a decent deal?
If not, would it be the exact same if I bought the standard stock version and bought the Choate PG stock separately to do the conversion myself? I would be curious to hear from anyone who did this conversion and how it went?....

Last edited by mdfd; 01-23-2011 at 20:36..
mdfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 20:50   #2
Victoriagotagun

Yes, it would be the same exact thing if you would to get the standard model and just put the Choate stock on it.

"Glocks are for criminals" -Nick_45
Victoriagotagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 20:55   #3
mdfd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriagotagun View Post
Yes, it would be the same exact thing if you would to get the standard model and just put the Choate stock on it.
very cool - any tips on the conversion or is it pretty straightforward? I tend to like a shorter LOP, so I was wondering if there are any opportunities to perhaps trim the Choate before I put it on?
mdfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 21:13   #4
Victoriagotagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfd View Post
very cool - any tips on the conversion or is it pretty straightforward? I tend to like a shorter LOP, so I was wondering if there are any opportunities to perhaps trim the Choate before I put it on?
Its pretty straightforward to change out a stock on a shotgun. Cutting the stock for a shorter LOP would all depend how long the action spring is in the stock.

"Glocks are for criminals" -Nick_45
Victoriagotagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 21:40   #5
mixflip

Its not bad timing...the 930SPX with a pistol grip is just HOT and stores cant keep them on the shelves very long. I literally drove to every shop in Vegas and nobody had one in stock. Dicks Sporting Goods was willing to order one for me but it was gonna cost more than I wanted to pay.

I finally found one on the shelf at American Shooters and they even gave me a 20% LE discount! So that being said, you might be better off just buying the standard stock version and then buy yourself a pistol grip later as you already said.

There isnt much room to shave off if you plan to mod the stock for a shorter LOP. The recoil spring extends just about to the max. You might get off a 1/4" or 1/2" but no guarantee?
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:47   #6
zagzig

I ordered my 930 SPX on Friday and will hopefully have it today or tomorrow. I opted to not get the pistol grip due to the location of the safety. With the safety being located on the tang, it doesn't seem to lend itself well to a pistol grip.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:50   #7
F_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagzig View Post
I ordered my 930 SPX on Friday and will hopefully have it today or tomorrow. I opted to not get the pistol grip due to the location of the safety. With the safety being located on the tang, it doesn't seem to lend itself well to a pistol grip.
This is the exact reason I opted for the standard stock. You have to substantially adjust your grip with the pistol grip to manipulate the safety.

F_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 13:42   #8
CAcop

Mossberg tends to do things in batches too. When I wanted a 590A1 18.5 barrel and ghost ring sights I had to call the factory to find out where they had sent their last shipment.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote