Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-28-2011, 15:03   #1
Romadoc

Carry at Hartsfield?

Is it true that one can now carry in the non-sterile parts of the airport (waiting at arrivals section or parking areas)?
Kimber Gold Match 45, S & W 41
FN Police 18", 12 gauge, 7+1
Romadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 15:14   #2
tmoore912

It seems to be true. The Airport management even had a press release or something about it several months ago. I know of one person who rode Marta to the airport and went into the non-secure areas, shopped, ate and then left on Marta while OCing a AK-47 style pistol. Nothing happened to him and he was never approached and detained by security.

I'm not saying it was the smartest thing to do, but I do know it happened.
tmoore912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 21:54   #3
GaGlock01

What's the first rule of concealed carry? if you do your job properly no one will ever know unless you go through security.

I don't remember what happened to that, I know they were trying to pass it sometime ago, but I think for some reason it did NOT go through. I believe the airport officials found a way to to stop it from passing.

But then I got back to my first question, what's the first rule of concealed carry, concealment.

I believe this to be true.. The city nor the state make the security laws concerning ANY airport. I believe ALL air ports are under Federal law, in the US., Homeland Security.

So no. Carrying on federal property is NOT allowed, nor allowed at ANY airport.

Last edited by GaGlock01; 01-28-2011 at 22:04..
GaGlock01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:50   #4
norm357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
It seems to be true. The Airport management even had a press release or something about it several months ago. I know of one person who rode Marta to the airport and went into the non-secure areas, shopped, ate and then left on Marta while OCing a AK-47 style pistol. Nothing happened to him and he was never approached and detained by security.

I'm not saying it was the smartest thing to do, but I do know it happened.
I can guarentee you that either you were lied to or you are full of crap.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:23   #5
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaGlock01 View Post
What's the first rule of concealed carry? if you do your job properly no one will ever know unless you go through security.

I don't remember what happened to that, I know they were trying to pass it sometime ago, but I think for some reason it did NOT go through. I believe the airport officials found a way to to stop it from passing.

But then I got back to my first question, what's the first rule of concealed carry, concealment.

I believe this to be true.. The city nor the state make the security laws concerning ANY airport. I believe ALL air ports are under Federal law, in the US., Homeland Security.

So no. Carrying on federal property is NOT allowed, nor allowed at ANY airport.

Some of us open carry from time to time.

When carrying openly that rule obviously does not apply.

And you would be amazed at how good some people are at spotting those who are carrying a firearm. Sure, if you carry a little .25 or P3AT in a smartcarry under jeans and an untucked shirt they almost surely will never know unless you get scanned...but if you carry a firearm of reasonable size in an accessible location it is possible for you to be "made" in the right circumstances by a knowledgeable and experienced observer.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 22:05   #6
g29guy

hartsfield carry laws

You can carry in the atrium at Hartsfield airport. The FAA and TSA do not come into effect until you are in the sterile area.
The laws concerning the airport are under the city's jurisdiction. The airport would have to post a gun ban on the doors of all entrances just like the schools and police offices do.
g29guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 14:40   #7
cpelliott

Quote:
Originally Posted by g29guy View Post
The airport would have to post a gun ban on the doors of all entrances just like the schools and police offices do.
Posting is only a requirement under federal law. Areas off-limits under Georgia law do not require a notice.

After SB308 passed, it wasn't really clear if the airport counted as a building where a governmental entity is housed (whatever that means). I was very surprised when the mayor announced they would stop arresting people for carrying.
cpelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 15:31   #8
GooberTim

Lots of misinformation in the postings thus far. If you folks were members of GeorgiaCarry, you'd be up to date on all this stuff!

Open carry is perfectly legal in Georgia.

The laws pertaining to weapons in the area of the airport outside TSA are state laws and there is no preemption there.

Part of the Atl Airport is off limits, as defined under "Government Buildings", but not the entire airport. I would suppose the offices of the folks managing the facility, among others. (Source: http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode...11&section=127 )

It is legal to carry in the non-sterile areas of airports in 42 (forty two) states. (Source: http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/abou...title=Airports )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Life Member
GooberTim is offline   Reply With Quote