SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:41   #1
youngbuck
He's Tyrone!

Magnum Research 1911 Sights

About 2 months ago I sent a pm to a member here who sent me pics of his Desert Eagle 1911 with sights put on by Novak. Novak claims they have not done work on a DE 1911 yet but I no longer have that messge with the pics. I would really appreciate it if that member sees this post to please send me a pm or post the pics again for me to send to Novak as a reference. It would help me to get the ball rolling for acquiring my own Novak setup
youngbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:31   #2
cangler
Republican!!

do they have night sights for this DE 1911 ? im thinking about getting it but would def rather have NS.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:36   #3
Quack
Rent this space

they almost look like Kimber cut sights.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:37   #4
Quack
Rent this space

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 13:07   #5
youngbuck
He's Tyrone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cangler View Post
do they have night sights for this DE 1911 ? im thinking about getting it but would def rather have NS.
As far as I know there is no company that has a specific line of night sights dedicated for a DE 1911. All observations from gunsmiths and store clerks had all agreed it appears to be a Kimber cut but I have no firm proof. The gentleman I am looking for in my OP sent his slide to Novak so it came back perfect.

Bit off topic but how are you liking this cold weather in the DFW area? I live around here as well
Old 02-08-2011, 15:47   #6
macatex

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
As far as I know there is no company that has a specific line of night sights dedicated for a DE 1911. All observations from gunsmiths and store clerks had all agreed it appears to be a Kimber cut but I have no firm proof. The gentleman I am looking for in my OP sent his slide to Novak so it came back perfect.

Bit off topic but how are you liking this cold weather in the DFW area? I live around here as well
Contact Magnum Research. My gun smith did and they told him it was the same as one of the Kimber models. I just don't remember which one! Older age and chemotherapy really screws with your brain. Oh! Look, a squirel!
macatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 16:21   #7
cangler
Republican!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post

If you look at those photos above, the entire gun resembles much like the Kimber except under the name Desert Eagle... hum...interesting.

Oh, I don't mind this cold, as long as it's not all the time like up north, I'd probably get sick of it... especially if it limits my driving. Snow once in awhile is fine, snow ball fights are fun!
Old 02-08-2011, 22:59   #8
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
they almost look like Kimber cut sights.
They are.

Its the same cut and also a very similar style.

Last edited by bac1023; 02-08-2011 at 22:59..
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:56   #9
cangler
Republican!!

so you think these should work...
Meprolight Night Sights for Kimber Pistols

Last edited by cangler; 02-09-2011 at 09:57..
cangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:10   #10
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by cangler View Post
so you think these should work...
Meprolight Night Sights for Kimber Pistols
I think so.

Its the same dovetail cut as Kimber.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 13:47   #11
tx787

Ah that was me. Here's the pic in question. I can email you a scan of the invoice if you want. My advice is just print out and order form and send it in, no need to talk to them prior.

1911 Forums

edit: my receipt does show "Desert Eagle Slide" in the reference, I can PM you my invoice number too, I assume you can't steal my identity with that :-)

Last edited by tx787; 02-09-2011 at 13:53..
tx787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 16:32   #12
cangler
Republican!!

I may be interested in this too, where did you send the slide and what sights are those?
Old 02-09-2011, 17:25   #13
macatex

I contacted my gunsmith and he said that they are the same as the Kimber Custom II. And I believe they use those same sites on many other Kimbers as well. Have fun!
macatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 17:48   #14
youngbuck
He's Tyrone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macatex View Post
I contacted my gunsmith and he said that they are the same as the Kimber Custom II. And I believe they use those same sites on many other Kimbers as well. Have fun!
I get confused by the Kimber line so are the Pro Carry, Pro Eclipse II, Ultra Carry, or Ultra Ten II the same cuts as the Custom II? Originally I wanted a set of these sights from Trijicon
Old 02-09-2011, 17:53   #15
youngbuck
He's Tyrone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx787 View Post
Ah that was me. Here's the pic in question. I can email you a scan of the invoice if you want. My advice is just print out and order form and send it in, no need to talk to them prior.

1911 Forums

edit: my receipt does show "Desert Eagle Slide" in the reference, I can PM you my invoice number too, I assume you can't steal my identity with that :-)
Thank you sir! Currently my decision with having the Novak sights is to just send in my slide or the entire gun for them to sight in. I am leaning towards the green fiber optic front and ghost tritium dot for a rear. Anybody else have a similar setup? Novak
Old 02-09-2011, 18:29   #16
tx787

The setup I have is white dot rear and red fiber optic front. Green fiber optic front and tritium rear would look cool but wouldn't make any sense for night or low light shooting. For low light shooting (assuming you used the sights), you want all three tritium, or the front one only if you're saving money, not the rear only.

I just wanted a fun target/plinking setup and I'm happy with my choice, if I was going to use my DE1911 for defense (which I could since the darn thing will feed any JHP I give it), I would want all night sights.

This is the Novak work order: http://www.novaksights.com/contactus/workorder.html

This is the list of sights they have: http://www.novaksights.com/products/...tml#instoption

FYI they are very fast, they installed and returned my slide in less than half the amount of time it took Glock to do the same thing!

Old 02-09-2011, 18:32   #17
tx787

As far as sending the slide or the entire gun, for the type of shooter I am, sending the slide alone was fine. Perhaps if you are a super accurate shooter like Steven Segal you would want to send in the whole gun, I just can't really comment on that except to say I am happy with the accuracy I have been able to achieve with just the slide being worked on. I think the way the factory sights are set there isn't much milling that they have to do and it's not hard to do the install right. Also, sight companies do this stuff every day so they know what they are doing even without test firing.