Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-28-2011, 23:06   #1
La26

Question on Kimber External Extractor

I have been reading on this and other Forums concerning the Kimber External Extractor, and the possible problems that exist with them sometimes. Could someone please post pictures of the external and/or internal extractor ? Or possibly describe the difference in their appearance. I have a Kimber Pro Raptor II, and am not sure which extractor I have. Thanks for your help.
La26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 23:08   #2
Quack
Rent this space

If you extractor looks like one off a glock, then that's an external on the kimber.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 23:09   #3
La26

Thanks. I have the dreaded external extractor.
Old 01-28-2011, 23:15   #4
Quack
Rent this space

Here's my old one with EE

1911 Forums

Old 01-28-2011, 23:28   #5
La26

Thanks Quack. Any issues with yours as far as reliability? I haven't had any problems with mine (yet).
Old 01-28-2011, 23:33   #6
Quack
Rent this space

No problem with mine because its long gone.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:40   #7
gogriz91

Bought mine used with an EE and have had 2K trouble free rounds.

Heavily medicated for your protection
gogriz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:06   #8
La26

Thanks gogriz91,
I haven't had any issues with mine either. You know how it is, you see talk on the forums about something, then before you know it, it's keeping you awake at night worrying about it. My Raptor was built in May 2005, and still has the original EE in it. I do take the slide apart, and clean the recesses where the extractor and spring go, so maybe that's why it continues to function properly.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 01-29-2011, 13:33   #9
AZ Husker

They failed with three different designs, so badly that they retooled and went back to the original.
Old 01-29-2011, 14:11   #10
Harvick

They're trying the EE again with the Kimber Solo.

Last edited by Harvick; 01-29-2011 at 14:11..
Harvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 17:04   #11
gogriz91

Quote:
Originally Posted by La26 View Post
Thanks gogriz91,
I haven't had any issues with mine either. You know how it is, you see talk on the forums about something, then before you know it, it's keeping you awake at night worrying about it. My Raptor was built in May 2005, and still has the original EE in it. I do take the slide apart, and clean the recesses where the extractor and spring go, so maybe that's why it continues to function properly.

Thanks for your reply.
No problem, I'd like to complain because I wondered if I had gotten everything wrong, Kimber, EE etc but the gun cycles reloads, WWB and Federal Hydra-Shoks so there's not much to complain about at this point.

Heavily medicated for your protection
gogriz91 is offline   Reply With Quote