Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:54   #1
ennis

Stainless or Titanium guide rod for G27?

I am trying to choose between the Aro-Tek titanium guide rod and the BT stainless rod for my G27. Besides the, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comments, what are your thoughts? Have you tried either and what was your experience?
ennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 14:03   #2
unclebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennis View Post
I am trying to choose between the Aro-Tek titanium guide rod and the BT stainless rod for my G27. Besides the, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comments, what are your thoughts? Have you tried either and what was your experience?
Forget the titanium peace of crap. Or any other piece of titanium that they have for a Glock. I would go with the stainless. Yes I have used both. I still use the stainless in my 17 and my 24/17L unlimited guns. Have not tryed any of them on a G27. But if you want to change I would go with the stainless.
GSSF Life Member
Old 01-30-2011, 14:06   #3
argy1182

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebob View Post
Forget the titanium peace of crap. Or any other piece of titanium that they have for a Glock. I would go with the stainless. Yes I have used both. I still use the stainless in my 17 and my 24/17L unlimited guns. Have not tryed any of them on a G27. But if you want to change I would go with the stainless.
Why is the titanium crap?
argy1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 14:09   #4
furioso2112

Only thing I've ever heard in favor of titanium was the weight reduction. A nice stainless captured guide rod assembly has never been prohibitively heavy for me, so I have continued to use SS guide rods in all my Glocks, rather than paying more for titanium. I never had a bad issue with them. I have never used a titanium, though, so I have no anecdotal experience to note with them.
Old 01-30-2011, 14:41   #5
unclebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by argy1182 View Post
Why is the titanium crap?
They wear out and in IMHO are not worth the money. A couple of us bought all of the parts about two months we all took them back out. I donít remember the complete reason. Youíre talking maybe 10 years ago. Also forget about the aluminum triggers also. A couple of us have tried I think every aftermarket part there is at one time or another. Other than sights, 3.5 Glock connectors and on our unlimited guns, stainless guide rods and lighter springs. And I like the Glock target triggers. All the rest of our Glocks are stock. And see no reason to change. I know that is not what you wanted to hear.
But if you want to change go with the stainless.
GSSF Life Member
Old 02-06-2011, 11:49   #6
cciman

Contrary to what the makers want you to believe, there is nothing magical about the Glock guide rods.

Any guide rod will work: I bought a SS rod from ebay (do a search on the site, and it comes up immediately), it is very well made and works great.

Much CHEAPER than the ones you've listed.
cciman is offline   Reply With Quote