Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2011, 18:22   #1
Linux3

New P226R USPSA

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a shiny new P226R USPSA.
Mostly I shoot IDPA but hey. It looked like a well decked out pistol.
I placed 2nd Marksman for 2010 in my area and trying to get to first place!

Shoots nice with nice tight groups but. Yup, there is a but.
At 12.5 yards it's shooting about 2.5 ~ 3" low.
It aint just me. Although I don't have a rest I asked a couple of Master shooters at my club to try it and they all agree.

What now? Do I call Sig? Order new sights?

A P226R USPSA has a Dawson Fiber optic front sight and a Warren Tactical rear and I do not see any elevation adjustment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 21:33   #2
Linux3

I'll answer my own question.
I called Sig Customer service, and I use that term very, very loosely.
The Customer Service guy kept saying that if I use combat sights mode and cover the center of the target hitting 2.5" low was normal! What??
I explained that I shoot IDPA and USPSA and shot 2nd place for 2010 in IDPA SSP in my area and knew what I was doing that he at last put an armorer in conference with me.
We all concurred that something is not right and the pistol is on it's way back to Sig.
A few weeks ago I sent my S&W M&P 9MM Pro back to Smith for an overhaul. I shot ~15,000 rounds through it in a year.
Smith customer service gave me no grief and paid for transport both ways and covered a rebuild under warranty.
So, I shot 2nd marksman in IDPA for 2010 in my area with my Smith. I was looking for my Sig P226R USPSA helping me get #1 for 2011. So far I am not impressed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-31-2011, 22:45   #3
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linux3 View Post

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a shiny new P226R USPSA.
Mostly I shoot IDPA but hey. It looked like a well decked out pistol.
I placed 2nd Marksman for 2010 in my area and trying to get to first place!

Shoots nice with nice tight groups but. Yup, there is a but.
At 12.5 yards it's shooting about 2.5 ~ 3" low.
It aint just me. Although I don't have a rest I asked a couple of Master shooters at my club to try it and they all agree.

What now? Do I call Sig? Order new sights?

A P226R USPSA has a Dawson Fiber optic front sight and a Warren Tactical rear and I do not see any elevation adjustment.

What is your sight picture? There is a different hold for combat, and your "Master shooters" should know that.

When you bought the gun, did you recognize that those are fixed elevation sights with indexing for windage only?

Last edited by Cobra64; 01-31-2011 at 22:47..
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:01   #4
Linux3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra64 View Post
What is your sight picture? There is a different hold for combat, and your "Master shooters" should know that.
When you bought the gun, did you recognize that those are fixed elevation sights with indexing for windage only?
I know it has combat sights, line up the sights and cover the target. That's why I bought it.

My S&W M&P 9MM Pro has combat sights too and no elevation adjustment and it hits where I aim it.

Old 02-06-2011, 18:01   #5
Linux3

On Friday I got an email from SIG saying my P226 was being shipped back to me via FedEx 2nd day.
OK, so I don't know if they fixed anything or if they are charging me $55.00 for shipping.

I'll be sure to let you know what happens.

Old 02-08-2011, 20:33   #6
Linux3

Just to finish up the story.
FedEx delivered the pistol today.

Report says that the rear sight was replaced and the pistol was test fired at 15 yrds.

This model has a Warren Tac. rear sight. Do they come in sizes?
Why was the wrong sight installed in the first place?

Snow load caved in the roof of the indoor range I usually shoot at so I have not tested it myself yet.

Old 02-12-2011, 00:47   #7
TSAX
USAF Vet

Quote:
I'll answer my own question.
I called Sig Customer service, and I use that term very, very loosely.
The Customer Service guy kept saying that if I use combat sights mode and cover the center of the target hitting 2.5" low was normal! What??
I explained that I shoot IDPA and USPSA and shot 2nd place for 2010 in IDPA SSP in my area and knew what I was doing that he at last put an armorer in conference with me.
We all concurred that something is not right and the pistol is on it's way back to Sig.
A few weeks ago I sent my S&W M&P 9MM Pro back to Smith for an overhaul. I shot ~15,000 rounds through it in a year.
Smith customer service gave me no grief and paid for transport both ways and covered a rebuild under warranty.
So, I shot 2nd marksman in IDPA for 2010 in my area with my Smith. I was looking for my Sig P226R USPSA helping me get #1 for 2011. So far I am not impressed.
They did a free overhaul at 15,000 rounds. Holy cow, I am reading this right.
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:00   #8
rfd339

Send a message via Yahoo to rfd339
Quote:
Just to finish up the story.
FedEx delivered the pistol today.

Report says that the rear sight was replaced and the pistol was test fired at 15 yrds.

This model has a Warren Tac. rear sight. Do they come in sizes?
Why was the wrong sight installed in the first place?

Snow load caved in the roof of the indoor range I usually shoot at so I have not tested it myself yet.
Glad you got it back and hope it sights in well. The $55 was for shipping probably and for the sights well it may have been the right one but it might have been out of spec . Something like that cannot be seen with eye.
rfd339 is offline   Reply With Quote