Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-01-2011, 21:20   #1
crazyfarmer

Yes, another sight question(glock 26)

I have the trijicon night sights on my service glock 21 and those work great but i'm thinking of getting the XS standard dot sights for my 26 which I just picked up last week. Im just concerned about accuracy with the XS sights but granted the 26 is my concealed carry weapon which would be used for close quarters self defense. Thats why im leaning towards the XS standard dot. Are those sights bright at night or low light compared to the trijicon sights? With the 26 I doubt I shoot much past 15 yards even for practice. Im avid on pin point accuracy and I love the 21 for that reason. If anyone has the XS sights, how do you like and would you get them again? Thanks in advance
crazyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:43   #2
duncan
Lifetime Membership

XS sights are fast on target but they are so different that you have to train with them a lot.

And forget your 25 and 50 yard accuracy remaining tight.

Mine dropped so I dropped the XS sights and went back to the post/goal post sights again.

Novel idea but not practical.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:30   #3
randyc74

I have the XS Big dot sites on my off duty edc G27. I practice rapid fire with paper plate targets from 12' to 30' They do help me acquire a fast site picture. I'm still learning to get the most from the sights. The big dot front site does tend to cover up areas of the target so I don't find them suitable for precision bullseye target work. So far for defensive distance work, I'm happy with them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
randyc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:41   #4
rctrav

I love my XS Sights. I have them on my 19 and they work out great for me. But i train more defensive rather than target shooting.
rctrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:17   #5
chopper7

I use XS Big dots on my 19 and my 26. They use trijicon vials and are just as bright. They are not a target sight they are a combat sight. That said, very acceptable accuracy can be achieved with practice, practice, practice.

Last edited by chopper7; 02-02-2011 at 09:18..
chopper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 21:44   #6
crazyfarmer

thanks everyone.. I decided to get the tru glo TFO's instead. Im sorta big on pin point shooting and grouping so I'm just worried the XS wouldnt have worked or I would have to relearn them. When it counts, i'm sure the XS ones would do the job just fine though. Thanks again everyone!
crazyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote