Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2011, 18:01   #1
JokerOne

590A1 Sticky recoil pad fix?

I've read about automotive paint, armorall, recoil pad paint, and new recoil pads.

If you know of a new smooth (non-sticky) recoil pad that fits the 590, please let me know.

thanks
JokerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 22:12   #2
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

Not sure what you're getting at, but I was told I could use Armor All (or their Wipes if necessary/practical) to make my LimbSaver pad smooth. I haven't any so I've been wiping once or twice a week with RemOil wipes (I'm hoping that BS Claim of a thin layer of dry Teflon coating developing is real and not BS, but I ain't holding my breatH)... be curious to hear from some Armor All users.

What are you getting at, by the way?

ScrappyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 22:21   #3
JokerOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyDoo View Post
Not sure what you're getting at, but I was told I could use Armor All (or their Wipes if necessary/practical) to make my LimbSaver pad smooth. I haven't any so I've been wiping once or twice a week with RemOil wipes (I'm hoping that BS Claim of a thin layer of dry Teflon coating developing is real and not BS, but I ain't holding my breatH)... be curious to hear from some Armor All users.

What are you getting at, by the way?

The recoil pad that came with the Mossberg 590 is made of sticky rubber. It catches on my clothes which could be a disaster in an emergency.

I would like it to be smooth and slick so it would slide rather than catch on my clothes.

I've seen people recommending other brands of pads but nobody can state which one fits a 590.

thanks
JokerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 22:55   #4
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

O Okay brother I am tracking now and I understand.

My gunsmith who is a former Ranger/SF and "private security contractor" AKA Mercenary in Afghanistan etc. just recommended to me Armor All for my new LimbSaver. I installed a LimbSaver 'Precision Fit' On my Mossberg 930 SPX. The thing is, the instructions it came with DID NOT MAKE SENSE. IT came with the pad, some sort of bracket? and a few screws. The instructions were "USE THE INCLUDED PAPER TO MAKE A TEMPLATE" and the included paper was a ghetto ass sketch of the inside of the stock with arrows -- but it DID NOT SAY INSTRUCTIONS like Screw this to this, move this part to that part, align this proper with this, etc. I could not figure the mothertrucker out! I mean I am getting damn frustrated.

So I went to the local , 1 mile away super marker, got a 3 pack of super crazy glue for 1.99 and a bottle of LocTite gel / "Blue" LocTite and just superglued that snitch to the stock. The Gunsmith I just used for other stuff took a look for me and was impressed. He even tested it by beating it with a rubber hammer a few hard-ass times and it didn't budge... So I took it home, started slicking up the pad and getting ready for war- ITS AWESOME at trhe range, the LimbSaver changes the experience from not fun to awesome, it makes you WANT To practice.

ScrappyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote