Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-03-2011, 23:15   #1
Super8mm

G-24C front sight

I have tried to look this up but never saw what i was looking for.

I have a Gen 2, 24 C and was wondering if there was something better for a front sight for this, when I shoot it is takes forever to clean the front blade dot and only last a couple of shots before its black again
Super8mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 00:48   #2
TSAX
USAF Vet

Why not just keep it black . I have a G19C and before I added night sights the white dot went black a lot but after shooting a lot anyways a regular sight can get blackened. The front sight of any C model will get black no matter what white sight you have. With the XS Big Dot I have I can still see the green. I found when I used the white dot it was easy to clean, a quick wipe after shooting at the range and some CLP when I got home, even if I didn't clean the whole gun and this was after 500 round sessions.
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:36   #3
superdoc

remember, the front sight access hole is a smaller diameter than the 34 and 35, so it needs a special "thin" sight tool, like the ones from Aro Tek, to change it out. The regular glock tool didnt fit ( too large) when I recently tried to upgrade to a Warren sight. The sight was too large, too, and hung over the cutout. Am getting Ameriglos nightsights and tool, will post back if it works.. or not works!
superdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:47   #4
Super8mm

Thanks TSA, I just like that contrast as it makes it easier to aquire a sight picture. does the night sights get blacked out as bad?

Good to know superdoc, we have a big gun show here the 12th I think so I will see if someone there has one. gives me a good reason to go
Old 02-04-2011, 06:47   #5
superdoc

see my thread from this week where Butch posted some great pics of the 24 front sight "HOLE" which is .254" on the G 24, where the 34/35 and all other Glocks are .313" .. good luck at show! LOVE THOSE G24C's!!
superdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:08   #6
TSAX
USAF Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8mm View Post
Thanks TSA, I just like that contrast as it makes it easier to aquire a sight picture. does the night sights get blacked out as bad?

Good to know superdoc, we have a big gun show here the 12th I think so I will see if someone there has one. gives me a good reason to go
Even after about 500 rounds you can still see the tritum but it does get a dimmer until you clean it. You have to use a brush and CLP to clean it out good.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:56   #7
Super8mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoc View Post
see my thread from this week where Butch posted some great pics of the 24 front sight "HOLE" which is .254" on the G 24, where the 34/35 and all other Glocks are .313" .. good luck at show! LOVE THOSE G24C's!!
I finaly found that thread and it is very good information superdoc, I'll need good luck at the show as I am looking for a AR10 too "G"
Old 02-04-2011, 11:59   #8
Super8mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Even after about 500 rounds you can still see the tritum but it does get a dimmer until you clean it. You have to use a brush and CLP to clean it out good.
I looked at some of the tritum sight TSA but do they make some that will fit the 24C without hanging over the slot?

Do they only come in green?

and what is CLP?
Old 02-04-2011, 23:30   #9
TSAX
USAF Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8mm View Post
I looked at some of the tritum sight TSA but do they make some that will fit the 24C without hanging over the slot?

Do they only come in green?

and what is CLP?

Depending what brand/type of night sight you want there are combos of orange, green, yellow, red

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sigh...l-sights/glock

Break Free CLP is a cleaner lubricant and preservative people use it to clean, lubricate and preserve the gun.

http://www.break-free.com/?location=/main.asp
Old 02-04-2011, 23:45   #10
Super8mm

Thanks TSA I will check sights out at the gun show and I may have to just stop by cheaper than dirt to get some Break Free