SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:29   #1
TSAX
USAF Vet

Best USAF experience

Basic Training - Confidence course was fun.

Security Forces Academy - All the cool guns we shot and going into town.

Active Duty - The life long friends I made.

Veteran - No trips to really hot places with lots of sand and having to wear MOPP gear, although some people lost weight in those suits
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:29   #2
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

My best experience was and shall remain classified. You know how it is.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 13:30   #3
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

My best experience was the entire 21 years that past so fast.
Looking back, it seems it was just the blink of an eye.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:53   #4
Ralff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
My best experience was the entire 21 years that past so fast.
Looking back, it seems it was just the blink of an eye.
Yes. Basic and tech school seemed to take 10 years to get through, but the following 10 just blew past.
Ralff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:46   #5
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

I was Gen Tommy Franks' Aircraft Crew Chief from mid 2000 to early 2002.
On September 11, 2001 we landed at a location overseas for a routine
AOR trip. Little did we know but about four hours later the Twin Towers were struck.
We departed for the US in the early morning hours of 12 Spetember 2001.
We were one of only 12 aircraft airborne that day in United States airspace over Washington DC.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 14:18   #6
USAFE7
Retired USAF-SP

The best? There were really thousands of them, the friends, the bars, the fun....I really can't single just one out.
Now the worst would be a lot easier but, I don't like thinking or talking about them.
Old 02-13-2011, 16:31   #7
USAF 94535

tech school was fun but the best was the going away parties and welcome to the squadron ones every two weeks. a great reason for a drunk fest
Old 02-13-2011, 18:28   #8
Flattop67

Send a message via Yahoo to Flattop67
The Best: The first 18yrs.
The Worst: The last 2yrs.
Flattop67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:16   #9
gardy90

basic had some good memories but by far the best times ive had have been out in the missile field, driving from site to site, usualy in a blizard haha
gardy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 19:58   #10
meeko

Looking back the best were the 5 years I spent at Eaker (Blytheville) AFB AR. Had a lot of good times, working wasn't really work. Giant Sword, EST and ABGD FTX's at Little Rock. Sad thing is we couldn't wait to get out of there and none of us knew how good we had it til it closed and we moved on!
meeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 18:10   #11
usafsfvet

Some of my best experiences involved deployments to Kuwait pre 9/11 (around the 1999-2000 time frame). Back then, we used to be able to venture out to the markets without any problems. I remember being able to visit <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Kuwait</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">City</st1:PlaceType> and dined at a restaurant in one of the towers right off of the <st1:place w:st="on">Mediterranean</st1:place>. I was impressed with that region as it was a nicer area of the country, where as most of it was littered with trash or dead camels along the side of the road, Bedouins tending flocks of sheep, and things left over from the first gulf war. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

After 9/11, deployments to the mideast were more frequent and quite tumultous, particularly in the past couple of years.
usafsfvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:03   #12
Ralff

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafsfvet View Post
Some of my best experiences involved deployments to Kuwait pre 9/11 (around the 1999-2000 time frame). Back then, we used to be able to venture out to the markets without any problems. I remember being able to visit <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Kuwait</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">City</st1:PlaceType> and dined at a restaurant in one of the towers right off of the <st1:place w:st="on">Mediterranean</st1:place>. I was impressed with that region as it was a nicer area of the country, where as most of it was littered with trash or dead camels along the side of the road, Bedouins tending flocks of sheep, and things left over from the first gulf war. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

After 9/11, deployments to the mideast were more frequent and quite tumultous, particularly in the past couple of years.

I deployed to Kuwait late 02 early 03. The first weekend we were there, they had an off base trip. I decided not to go because I was tired, thinking I could just go the next weekend. That week they shut down off base travel. I never did get to see Kuwait City. :(
Ralff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:37   #13
VA_lockup

Send a message via AIM to VA_lockup Send a message via Yahoo to VA_lockup
Funniest memory-
Basic Training. 323rd... SSgt Listenbee walks in after we finished our cleaning and showering after PT and took a huge dump in the latrine and blames it on us. I couldnt help but to laugh my ass off.

Best memory-
Sitting at Ft. Hood for .50 cal school on the range. apparently their ranges have herds of cattle on them... free roaming cattle.

Worst memory-
Stuck at the same base the whole time. Ok, so im glad I didnt end up at Minot or some missle base, but Randolph AFB, a headquarters base for EVERYTHING apparently. All we did was look pretty. nothing ever happened there.. ever. For SF, that sucked.
G27OD -PYE-=Still here.
VA_lockup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:25   #14
usafsfvet

I was at Randolph a few weeks ago...I can see it being mostly an LE base for SF. And since it is the AFPC base, I'm sure a good deal of it is political.
Old 02-22-2011, 13:20   #15
VA_lockup

Quote:
I was at Randolph a few weeks ago...I can see it being mostly an LE base for SF. And since it is the AFPC base, I'm sure a good deal of it is political.
oh yeah... 13 assigned Generals to a base no larger than your local shopping center...
G27OD -PYE-=Still here.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:05   #16
usafsfvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_lockup View Post
oh yeah... 13 assigned Generals to a base no larger than your local shopping center...
At that point, the mission seems to be more about making sure your uniform is heavily starched and your shoes shined rather than any type of force protection.

I remember we had a base commander who implimented a policy where SF patrols and gate guards had to wear their blues. That didn't last long after 9/11.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:09   #17
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

Best?

See avatar at left.
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:43   #18
VA_lockup

Quote:
At that point, the mission seems to be more about making sure your uniform is heavily starched and your shoes shined rather than any type of force protection.

I remember we had a base commander who implimented a policy where SF patrols and gate guards had to wear their blues. That didn't last long after 9/11.
you are exactly right. everyday there was someone on the gate that was in dress blues with an M-4. in 120 degree weather, it sucked.
G27OD -PYE-=Still here.
Old 02-25-2011, 18:57   #19
TSAX
USAF Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_lockup View Post
Funniest memory-
Basic Training. 323rd... SSgt Listenbee walks in after we finished our cleaning and showering after PT and took a huge dump in the latrine and blames it on us. I couldnt help but to laugh my ass off.

Best memory-
Sitting at Ft. Hood for .50 cal school on the range. apparently their ranges have herds of cattle on them... free roaming cattle.

Worst memory-
Stuck at the same base the whole time. Ok, so im glad I didnt end up at Minot or some missle base, but Randolph AFB, a headquarters base for EVERYTHING apparently. All we did was look pretty. nothing ever happened there.. ever. For SF, that sucked.

Wow, you named dropped, I remember when that TI lost a strip for have "relations" with a trainee and she was hot even the women wanted to do her .

Last edited by TSAX; 02-25-2011 at 18:58..
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 14:33   #20
VA_lockup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Wow, you named dropped, I remember when that TI lost a strip for have "relations" with a trainee and she was hot even the women wanted to do her .
i am unaware of this. PM me some details!
G27OD -PYE-=Still here.