Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-14-2011, 17:33   #1
garander

model 29 cylinder binding

picked up a beauty of a model 29-2 with 6 inch barrel last year. it shoots great but always felt like the cylinder was binding slightly. well after shooting lead today, it really was binding. i could cock it and fire single action but not double. got it home and cleaned it real good. under the extractor star too. i noticed the cylinder gap showed almost no light. so i tried a feeler gauge and couldn't even get a .0025 in there. the cylinder spins fine with new primed brass in there. well i took some of my pool chalk and brushed a little on the face of the cylinder. that was enough to bind it up!! it shoots great and will work single action, and i'm not too worried about it to send it somewhere. but what can i do on my own?
garander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 19:44   #2

You can call S&W--they might fix it for free. If it were my gun I would definitely call a revolver smith and ask them about it.
1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 20:30   #3
Firecop203

Check for lead fouling on the front of the cylinder. If thats not it, check the extractor rod and make sure it's screwed in tight.
“Neither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.”
Benjamin Franklin
Firecop203 is online now   Reply With Quote