Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-14-2011, 22:37   #1
keithge

Streamlight TLR-2s Laser Zeroing

Anyone know of a sure-fire method for finding the "zero" for the TLR-2s? I generally shoot at 8-10 yards, and I am having a very difficult time getting the shots in a tight group using the laser. I am assuming that wherever the shots land on the target, I need to adjust the laser so the windage and elevatio to the center of the bullet impact shot group. Is that correct or is there a better method?
keithge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 22:47   #2
keithge

Never mind! Found what I was looking for on the Streamlight site and on Glock Talk. If there is another method to follow as just a general process to follow, I would glad to hear your thoughts! THANKS!
keithge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 23:02   #3
bel970

if you know POA to POI at the distance you want the laser sighted in to then just adjust the laser to the sights, pretty easy to do as long as you keep in mind that the laser works opposite of the sights, i.e sights force a downward alignment while the laser projects up.
bel970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 22:08   #4
partridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithge View Post
Never mind! Found what I was looking for on the Streamlight site and on Glock Talk. If there is another method to follow as just a general process to follow, I would glad to hear your thoughts! THANKS!

Can you point me towards the answer you found on glocktalk?

And the one on the streamlight site? Couldnt find it

Last edited by partridge; 02-22-2011 at 22:33..
partridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 14:58   #5
RayB
Retired Member

Laser Sight Collimation: Pistol

If you think about it, there's only two ways to collimate a laser designator...

1) Sweet Spot: The laser is set to converge with the bullet at a distance predetermined by the shooter--the sweet spot. The laserís point of aim (POA) will be offset more or less, inside or outside the selected sweet spotís point of impact (POI). This is the only way to set up the laser/light combos, where the laser emitter is far from the gunís bore axis.

2) Offset: If the laser emitter sits close to the gunís bore axis, it can be set up to run parallel to the bullet's path, out to practical shooting ranges. The offset--say it's a half inch--is a known value, and is ignored or compensated for by the shooter. This is how the LaserMax guide rod lasers are set up, since the laser emitter sits so close to the bore axis.

Both approaches work, and are plenty accurate for self-defense. Neither is intended for precision sniping.

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote