SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:28   #1
Agent Tikki

Lasik and Red Dots

Looking for some suggestions:

A little background.....I had Lasik, done about 10+ years ago and its been an awesome life changing experience. As much as I love it, and still do not regret the decision to go with it, it has skewed my eyesight a little bit. I get halos and flares from light sources which are really pronounced at night. I really didn't mind it at first. When I drive at night it can be like a playing a video game. However when I started shopping for for a Red Dot to mount onto a handgun slide, I noticed that I get some halos and flares on the dot. A 8 moa dot has a pretty big halo. It reminds me of an eotech's 65 moa ring on their reticles. Its a halo so its not nearly as bright or defined, nor is it constant (its constantly changing size/shape). I noticed that the 4 moa halo is much less pronounced but is still distracting.

What I'd like are some suggestions for some high quality red dots with 1 or 2 moa dots that are handgun mountable for 100+ yards. I haven't found anything that would fit the bill. What would you suggest?
Agent Tikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:32   #2
8541/9999

First of all is it just red that does it ot you or all colors my LE counterpart has the same issues with halos due to surgery he finds green dots give less of a halo than red could just be his eyes lol. right now there are not any quality mini red dot sights at 1 or 2 MOA. Aimpoint is coming out with a 2 MOA T-1 red dot depending on your need dont know the arrivial date on the 2 MOA T-1 I would call aimpoint and ask.
8541/9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:36   #3
Agent Tikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8541/9999 View Post
First of all is it just red that does it ot you or all colors my LE counterpart has the same issues with halos due to surgery he finds green dots give less of a halo than red could just be his eyes lol. right now there are not any quality mini red dot sights at 1 or 2 MOA. Aimpoint is coming out with a 2 MOA T-1 red dot depending on your need dont know the arrivial date on the 2 MOA T-1 I would call aimpoint and ask.
Great Info, I will follow up on that. Thank you!
Agent Tikki is offline   Reply With Quote