Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:01   #1
Lobo Feroz

got my tax stamp what next?

ok, I had a lawyer do a trust for me, got a tax stamp for an lwrc ar15 lower. I have not purchased an upper yet. So my question is now that I have my stamp what do I do to the lower, Do I need to engrave it, what needs to be engraved and were? Also the paper work, do I need to attach anything to the trust? what do I bring when going to the range? I assume copies are ok and leave originals in a safe or safety deposit box? Can I use my sbr for hunting, home defense, or anything else I would legally use a sporting rifle for? After purchasing I have had people tell me it is good for nothing except going to the range, but only thing I can find says If its used in a crime it can ad an extra 30yrs to a sentence, I dont plan to use it in a crime so not worried about that but I would like to know its an option if Mr.BG breaks in to my house in the middle of the night.
Lobo Feroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 13:46   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

You're supposed to have it engraved before it becomes an SBR. You need your name (the trust's name) and city, state engraved on the lower. I don't know what you mean by "Attach". You should keep a copy of the form 4 and the trust paperwork with the SBR at all times. What you can use it for depends on state law-- some states have "no hunting with SBR" laws. You are always open to civil suits for firearms used in self defense but it "should" not change whether or not lethal force was justified. This is not legal advice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Zak Smith; 02-21-2011 at 13:46..
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 17:03   #3
Lobo Feroz

when I say attach, the trust has nothing listed on it, the lawyer wrote the trust for me then I purchased the item so should the tax stamp be kept with the trust?
Old 02-21-2011, 17:06   #4
Zak Smith
3Gunner

Ask your lawyer what to "list" on the trust, and when.

Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 17:13   #5
Lobo Feroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak Smith View Post
Ask your lawyer what to "list" on the trust, and when.
i knew youd say that! just being lazy!