Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2011, 21:39   #1
packman

Heinie Ledge Glock Sights

I am really wanting a set of these sights, and I was wondering what some of yall have to say about them. Are they hard to install? Does anyone have pictures of their Glocks with Heinie's on it? Any input would be nice.
packman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 21:50   #2
willowofwisp

The ledge sights are awesome, I had them both on my 26 and 19.

picture

Sights, Optics and Lasers

Sights, Optics and Lasers

Install was pretty easy, the rear sight didn't really need any fitting just one run or so with the file and it went in fine with a push.
Old 02-19-2011, 22:12   #3
Copis

Have them on two G17s and one G34..... Mine were installed by Heinie.
Cant go wrong with any of the Heinie sights IMHO
Copis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 22:44   #4
texas 48
Gold Membership
Citizen

Heine are great sights and I have them on 3 of my Glocks (slant pros) but I have found that Ameriglo I DOTS are a great alternative to the straight 8 configuration. Have just put them on 2 of my the glocks and found I am more accurate with the IDots and they are configured like the ledge..One big plus is the are 35.00 cheaper than Heine and I like the white circlearound the front dot. My eye is drawn more to the front sight and that could be the reason it helped me. Won't swap out my heine anytime but if some one wants a 2.dot sight Ameriglo I Dots are now a good economical alternative to Heine and Ameriglo gives members of this forum a 10% discount
texas 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 23:14   #5
dehughes

Very cool...I was also considering both Ameriglo and Heine.

Can anyone comment on the shape of the Ameriglo I Dot rear sight? I'm hoping it is like the Ledge Heine rear sight as opposed to a ramped rear sight....
dehughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 23:39   #6
texas 48
Gold Membership
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehughes View Post
Very cool...I was also considering both Ameriglo and Heine.

Can anyone comment on the shape of the Ameriglo I Dot rear sight? I'm hoping it is like the Ledge Heine rear sight as opposed to a ramped rear sight....
It is a ledge sight not slanted. I have the pro with white circle around the front sight can buy the operators with no white circle. The rears have .180 cut and are not as squared as the Heine. The white circle on the Ameriglos help me pick up the front sight faster.
I am thinking of replacing my heine fronts with ones Ameriglo fronts but the heine are .215 high and Ameriglos have fronts that are .200 or .220. I think the .220 might work if I use POA rather than 6 o'clock like the heine which are .215.

Last edited by texas 48; 02-19-2011 at 23:57..
texas 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:41   #7
TSAX
USAF Vet

I prefer the str8 sights but Henie makes good sights none the less.
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:37   #8
dehughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas 48 View Post
It is a ledge sight not slanted. I have the pro with white circle around the front sight can buy the operators with no white circle. The rears have .180 cut and are not as squared as the Heine. The white circle on the Ameriglos help me pick up the front sight faster.
I am thinking of replacing my heine fronts with ones Ameriglo fronts but the heine are .215 high and Ameriglos have fronts that are .200 or .220. I think the .220 might work if I use POA rather than 6 o'clock like the heine which are .215.
Interesting...thanks.

So if one went with a .200 front Ameriglo sight and paired that with Pro Operator rear sight, on a Glock 19.....is that doable? You're shooting 6 o'clock, for sure, but I'm wondering if that'd be too low a front sight on a G19.

Last edited by dehughes; 02-20-2011 at 09:38..
dehughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 22:09   #9
MustangGreg66

Looks pretty good to me. I just started the DROS on my G30 today and I'm looking at replacing the sights. I noticed there's no distinction for 9mm/40 guns vs 45/10mm guns like the standard glock sights have. Is the shift in POI not enough to make a diffrent set or am I just not looking hard enough?

Checkout my USPSA Match vids at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MustangGreg66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:27   #10
cigardad

I have the standard Ledge rear and .215 front with tritium element on my G20 and G17. Both shoot to POA.

I really like the amount of light the rear let's in around the front sight. I'm 55 and they work well with my old ass eyes.

I went with the Qwik Slant Pro rear and the above front with my G26 and no issues there either.

YMMV.
cigardad is offline   Reply With Quote