Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 15:19   #1
Hunng
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 590
Does Glock still charge $60 for night sights?

Ill be off 1 day this week, and since i can just drop in on Glock whenever, i wanted to have them put night sights on my 26...i can get other night sights of course and do it myself..but if its $60, and they'll do it for me, and its not far from my house, why not! (i dont have a sight pusher tool, and dont think drifting it out with a rubber mallet is a good idea for me)

Also, are glock brand night sights still Meps? or were they ever Meps? i know the ones i had on my 23 were Meps and they were factory fitted when i bought the 23.
__________________
Gen 2 G19 (Real Perfection), Gen 4 G19, Gen 4 G17, Gen 4 G26
Hunng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 15:57   #2
papaac
Senior Member
 
papaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunng View Post
Ill be off 1 day this week, and since i can just drop in on Glock whenever, i wanted to have them put night sights on my 26...i can get other night sights of course and do it myself..but if its $60, and they'll do it for me, and its not far from my house, why not! (i dont have a sight pusher tool, and dont think drifting it out with a rubber mallet is a good idea for me)

Also, are glock brand night sights still Meps? or were they ever Meps? i know the ones i had on my 23 were Meps and they were factory fitted when i bought the 23.
I think the cost is >$60, but you can call them. My factory sights are Meprolight.
__________________
Alan
papaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 16:30   #3
scslayer
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: sc
Posts: 17
Just had some put on my g26 for $57 and I really like them.
Brian
scslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 17:45   #4
Glock4President
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philly, Pa
Posts: 1,276
Yeah I think they cost $57.00 plus shipping one way.
Glock4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 17:46   #5
Hunng
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock4President View Post
Yeah I think they cost $57.00 plus shipping one way.
No shipping for me!
__________________
Gen 2 G19 (Real Perfection), Gen 4 G19, Gen 4 G17, Gen 4 G26
Hunng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:44   #6
jwc17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 167
Do they test fire the gun after installing the sights to verify they are adjusted correctly?

What forms of payment do they accept?

Is there anything else I should know related to having night sights installed before making the trip there?
jwc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 15:24   #7
Frank V
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: S.W. Montana
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwc17 View Post
Do they test fire the gun after installing the sights to verify they are adjusted correctly?

What forms of payment do they accept?

Is there anything else I should know related to having night sights installed before making the trip there?

To me good night sights are the most usefull upgrade you can do to your Glock & it won't affect function of the gun like some modifications will.
Frank
__________________
U.S.A. "RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"
Frank V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 15:35   #8
SCC
Member Me
 
SCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: kennesaw GA.
Posts: 9,203
Send a message via Skype™ to SCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwc17 View Post
Do they test fire the gun after installing the sights to verify they are adjusted correctly?

What forms of payment do they accept?

Is there anything else I should know related to having night sights installed before making the trip there?
they take cash or Credit Cards and they will install ex-mag or the ex-slide stop lever for free if you want them.. they just don't give the old parts back to you
SCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 22:39   #9
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,837
Eds does them for $57 as well if you're closer to Stockbridge.
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 23:03   #10
firemedic1343
Not an Expert!
 
firemedic1343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCC View Post
they take cash or Credit Cards and they will install ex-mag or the ex-slide stop lever for free if you want them.. they just don't give the old parts back to you
SWEET~!

Any other free mods available? I may have to swing by there next time I'm driving thru Georgia.
firemedic1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:20   #11
kshutt
Senior Member
 
kshutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwc17 View Post
Do they test fire the gun after installing the sights to verify they are adjusted correctly?

What forms of payment do they accept?

Is there anything else I should know related to having night sights installed before making the trip there?
Yes, there is something else: I just sent two slides (G21 and G30) to Glock to have night sights installed. The price for the Glock brand was quoted as $57.00; however, they also install Trijicons for $72.00.

I'm having Trijicons installed. Both of my slides currently have Meprolight night sights. (The 'Glock' brand looks identical to Meprolight.) I'm switching to Trijicon, because that's what I have on my G19. The front blade of the Trijicon sight isn't as wide as the Meprolight front sight. I find that my point of aim is more precise with the Trijicon sighted G19 as opposed to the sight picture I get with the Meprolights on the other two.

Another issue to consider is this: If you decide to send the entire pistol to Glock instead of the slide, yes, you will pay more for shipping. But, they will replace worn parts and/or upgrade the ones in your pistol free of charge! So, for either $57.00 or $72.00, minus the shipping, they will go through your pistol and give it a free tune-up!
__________________
G17, G19, G21, G30
GOA/NRA-ILA
Dillon RL550B
kshutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:26   #12
firemedic1343
Not an Expert!
 
firemedic1343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutt View Post

Another issue to consider is this: If you decide to send the entire pistol to Glock instead of the slide, yes, you will pay more for shipping. But, they will replace worn parts and/or upgrade the ones in your pistol free of charge! So, for either $57.00 or $72.00, minus the shipping, they will go through your pistol and give it a free tune-up!
Will they do the "free tune-up" if you walk in OTS?
firemedic1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 21:55   #13
kshutt
Senior Member
 
kshutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic1343 View Post
Will they do the "free tune-up" if you walk in OTS?
I'm not sure. Call before you make the trip. Please post for us what they say.
__________________
G17, G19, G21, G30
GOA/NRA-ILA
Dillon RL550B
kshutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 23:05   #14
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,837
If you get there before 3:00 they will service your gun while you wait. I have been there 3 times with 3 guns. The longest I ever waited was 45mins. I drove over to Outdoor Adventures while I waited and looked at the mall-ninja toys.
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 23:10   #15
Nest
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 300
Ok, so I don't have to send the entire gun? I can just mail the slide and they can put them on, and they will be as sighted in as my stock ones are?
Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 23:12   #16
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nest View Post
Ok, so I don't have to send the entire gun? I can just mail the slide and they can put them on, and they will be as sighted in as my stock ones are?
Nest, see if there is a Glock authorized LEO dealer in your area. If so, they should do the sights for $57 as well.
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:31   #17
Hunng
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 590
I took it to Glock yesterday, $60.99 final price, guy was really cool, said he went over my 26 and there was nothing to replace because everything was so new and clean...took about a half hour total.

Everytime i go there its always quick, professional and done right.

Oh yeah, these sights say MH3 on them just like the ones on my 23 did, which lead me to believe they are Meps..however on the rear sight, theres a glock logo stamped on the top...i asked the armorer who they were made by just to see what he said and he said: "They are GNS" (glock night sights)
__________________
Gen 2 G19 (Real Perfection), Gen 4 G19, Gen 4 G17, Gen 4 G26

Last edited by Hunng; 02-25-2011 at 02:35..
Hunng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 18:49   #18
Rebellious
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orange County
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunng View Post
...i asked the armorer who they were made by just to see what he said and he said: "They are GNS" (glock night sights)
^^ just got off the phone with Jeremy at Glock in GA and he said quote, "glock night sights with Mepro lamps" I was always under the impression the gns were made by mepro but I guess the housing are made by glock and the lamps are provided by mepro?

BTW Just sent out my G23 to have NS put on. Now its the waiting game.
Rebellious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 16:26   #19
duncan
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
duncan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,978


I think the best deal is if you can find a local law enforcement dealer and get the Glock factory night sights installed without paying for shipping and waiting a week.

Just had my Glock night sights installed at the Seattle Police Range - I helped .
__________________
The Seattle SharpShooter - G27/33, G19, G29, G20, G21, G34, G35
Reload .223, 9mm, 40SW, 357 SIG, 10mm, 44Mag, 45 ACP Lately?
duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:52   #20
SCC
Member Me
 
SCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: kennesaw GA.
Posts: 9,203
Send a message via Skype™ to SCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic1343 View Post
Will they do the "free tune-up" if you walk in OTS?
sure will !!!
make sure it's before 4:30
SCC is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:47.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,070
291 Members
779 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31