Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-23-2011, 17:22   #1
bigtim6656

lasermax or crimson trace

I am thinking of adding a laser site to my carry glock 21. SOme folks on another forum who refered me here said the lasermax sucks. They also said the recoil and shock of the firing wears them down and they are known for failures. Of course not something you want to fail

So lasermax or crimson trace grips
bigtim6656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 17:33   #2
GRT45
Transform & Win

Hello bigtim6656, welcome to Glock Talk.

While you're waiting for comments to collect in your thread, you can read some interesting feedback on the LaserMax guide rod laser, both for and against, in the following recent thread at Glock Talk:

Guiderod laser for G36 not too accurate?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 17:40   #3
drew4691

I'd go Lasermax for glock. Just my opinion
drew4691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 20:24   #4
Aaron1100us

Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron1100us
I have the lasermax saber. I've heard your finger can block the laser beam of the CT, not so with the saber. And you don't have to take the lasermax off to change the batteries like you do on the CT.
Aaron1100us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 20:28   #5
vmann
Controller

i would probably go with the crimson trace due to the fact that it doesnt alter the firing system....where as the lasermax changes the recoil assembly, ok for the range, but in my mind, not good for the carry weapon...

U.S. ARMY
vmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 20:30   #6
Glock4President

The laser max is cool bye kinda bulky. You need to find a holster for it. The crimson trace I think will fit in the regular holster for the gun. It doesn't ads much bulk at all. If you just leave the gun on the night stand, then go with the cheapest one.
Glock4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 20:44   #7
NAS T MAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock4President View Post
The laser max is cool bye kinda bulky. You need to find a holster for it. The crimson trace I think will fit in the regular holster for the gun. It doesn't ads much bulk at all. If you just leave the gun on the night stand, then go with the cheapest one.
Here is the best example of internet misinformation I've seen. This person is not aware of the fact that most LaserMax products that people buy for their Glocks are internal. You can use any regular holster.

I have a laser on every carry gun I own. If an internal laser is available, I buy the Lasermax, but on 5 of my revolvers I have a Crimson Trace. I have the external LaserMax on several pistols along with a combo Glock laser/light on my G21.

I have had zero problems with any of them.

Last edited by NAS T MAG; 02-23-2011 at 20:44..
NAS T MAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 21:08   #8
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron1100us View Post
I have the lasermax saber. I've heard your finger can block the laser beam of the CT, not so with the saber. And you don't have to take the lasermax off to change the batteries like you do on the CT.
The LaserMax Sabre Series of frame mount lasers looks like a cool product, but it's not available for the G20 or G21 (OP's pistol). It's not an option for my G30SF either, unfortunately.
LMS-SA-GF For Full Size GLOCK Models 17,17L,18,22,24,31,34,35,37 (excludes 20 or 21)
LMS-SA-GC For Compact GLOCK Models 19,23,32,38
They do offer this glimmer of hope, however

Don't see your model listed? Call us at 800-527-3703 for inquiries

: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 02-23-2011 at 21:21..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 21:11   #9
Zermatt

Lasermax internal all the way. That way you don't have to reinvest in new holsters, and you don't have any ugly appendages hanging off your weapon.

I've had one in my G23C for around 10 years and a couple thousand rounds, no accuracy problems.

Last edited by Zermatt; 02-23-2011 at 21:13..
Zermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 22:18   #10
Bear Bones

I have a gen3 19 that i bought a crimson trace for. i used it 1 time and took it off due to the fact i didnt like the feel of it. I have small hands so thats my only prroblem with it.
Bear Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 22:30   #11
TSAX
USAF Vet

CTC makes good lasers but there are several options. CTC has made at least 3 versions of the rear grip activated. The original does add a bit of thickness and when you conceal carry it can print like it did for me. The second one was a scaled down less profile version of the first. The 3rd and more recent is a front activation that adds a little to the back only at the top and bottom and some bulk to the front but still can print. They have made as a 4th option a laserguard with mounts underneath the rail and connects to the trigger guard with activation button against the first/top finger area of the handle of the Glock. Crossbreed does make holsters that can fit the gun and laserguard. Check their site and you will see all these options.

Lasermax Makes a guide rod laser that is great with a pulsating red dot but is more expensive. They also make a rear activated called Sabre series. Then they have the Uni-Max that attaches to the rail.

Laserlyte makes a laser that replaces the rear site and the laser and activation switch is attached to that site. They also make a rail mounted laser.

In length it does but not in thickness. The battery is in the back of the Sabre and it has a longer beaver tail type look to it. The CTC models have a thicker/wider in the grip and where there laser sits than the Sabre. Also if you use a rubber slip on grip you can slip it over the Sabre easier than the CTC version except the CTC Laserguard. The Sabre is about $160 and the CTC models run about $220 the LaserMax guide rod runs anywhere from $270 to $330

Lastly you can look at the SUrefire X400 and Streamlight TLR-2s and the Viridian V5L as laser/light combos. There are companies like Blackhawk and Phantom that have holsters for these.

http://www.lasermax.com/cat_info.php?id=111

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Pro...6/Default.aspx
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 23:07   #12
denn1911

Although the LaserMax is a nice set up, my vote is for the Crimson Trace. The CT has easy on/off activation and is a quality unit. Great product with exceptional customer service. You won't be sorry.
denn1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:59   #13
Buskerman

vote 4 CT

Just put a LG 417 on my Gen 3 - G34 - bought the gun Like new condition
& the seller said it shot to the left. The LG-417 for me enhanced the grip feel & cured the shoot to the left problem with the gun . I could reset my rear sight to dead center.

Have CT grips on 9 other guns - customer service is great .

FYI
Buskerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:46   #14
dancingwolf

Lasermax for GLOCKS.
dancingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:48   #15
jhon

Well I can't speak for the laser max, but I can speak for both the laser grip and trigger grip for crimson laser.

I was very uneasy about getting one or both, but the CT have been a wonder for me. Even the video that comes with their catalog is got some good info and inspiration.

The main thing is don't get dependent on them, but use them like another tool in your arsenal. Also use them in your training / dry firing. I think you will like them. The grips would be my first bet, providing they have them for your gun,
jhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:56   #16
vmann
Controller

i cant believe how much support there is for a unit that could possibley change the reliablility of a personal defense weapon....

U.S. ARMY
vmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:58   #17
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

Mmmmmaybe because we tested them extensively and found no issues whatsoever? Wait, that's just me.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:08   #18
aaronmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew4691 View Post
I'd go Lasermax for glock. Just my opinion
+1

Great laser, no problems.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:18   #19
old wanderer

I have 3 Crimson Trace grips on 3 Kimbers, I also have a LaserMax in my G20c.

For the Glock, I would not change to a CT...The laserMax is perfect for the Glock.

Tactically, I wish I could activate it like I do my Kimber's but when I really need it the slide release switch will be fine, I sure.

After all we all "Bet our life" on these things.
old wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:32   #20
sparemag

lasermax

i have tried the ct on a kimber .it came with it .and my hand kept getting in the way.my bro has a guiderod lasermax and it was pretty sweet you would not even know it was on it.they are pricey .the front rail mount laser would be the runner up an they make a minnie.me personally wont have one.i train with iron sights they dont run out of batteries and i dont ever want to count on a laser.they teach you to count on them.that is my opinion not that it matters.good luck have fun be safe
sparemag is offline   Reply With Quote