SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:59   #1
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

Bad experience with the Tackle Box store at Lexington Park, MD

Good morning to GT,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I would like to share my bad experience with the Tackle Box store at Lexington Park, Maryland with you. I had a really bad experience and I’d like to warn anyone of you, if you are planning to shop at the Tackle Box store.<o:p></o:p>

Please do not plan to shop at Tackle Box store. Their customer service is terrible! They think that they are the only place to sell the guns, ammo, and fishing in the town. <o:p></o:p>
Here is my experience with the store.<o:p></o:p>
In two months ago, I ordered Glock 30 from the Tackle Box because they offered me the lowest price. Anyway, I ordered the XS Small Dot night sight from www.Rockyourglock.com. I was afraid to mess up the night sight installation because I never had done it before. I decided to have someone to install it professionally, so I’d like to have Tackle Box to do it for me. I had to wait for about a week and half to have it installed.<o:p></o:p>

I got a call that they installed the XS small dot night sight on my G30 and it looked all good. I took it to the range and I shot it. It didn’t hit the target as it was suppose to. It was always too high. It only hit well between 0 – 15 yards. <o:p></o:p>
Anyway, I couldn’t hit it well so I had decided to take it back and to replace it with the Meprolight night sight. Therefore, I asked the Tackle Box to remove the XS small dot night sights to replace it with meprolight night sight. They took it off and it was a messy job because the “copper glue” was all over it. I brought in the Meprolight NS to the tackle box. I had to wait for two weeks and half because their gunsmith guy didn’t came in as scheduled. That’s was little odd to me at that time.<o:p></o:p>
I got a call that they installed meprolight night sight on my G30. Therefore I came to the store to pick up my G30 and I saw the horrible job that they had done with the night sight. The “copper glue” was all over it and they hammered the night sight in it. They have made some dents on it. I was so mad because I paid them to do the professional job to install the night sight. They screwed it up and I had a talk with the Tackle Box’s owner. The owner said, “There is nothing wrong with the sight. It is aligned right.” I became mad with him, and I said, “Well I paid you to do the professional job and this is obviously not a professional job because you have made mess with the glue on it, and you made some of dents on it. Now the night sight isn’t pretty anymore. I can’t take it back to where I brought it because it is damaged from one of your crew. Therefore, I want to get the refund of all the expenses that I paid to this job and the cost of the night sight.” Guess what?<o:p></o:p>

The owner said this to me, “Get out and I am not going give you anything!” I was like whoa, so I talked with one of his crew and I clearly saw that they agreed with me but they couldn’t do anything. So I had to negotiate with the owner to get some cash back. Therefore, I got some cash back. I am glad that I got some cash back rather than nothing.<o:p></o:p>
From now on, I will never shop at the Tackle Box store again. I will advise others to not go there.<o:p></o:p>
Here is the link to the location of the tackle box store.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Tackle+Box+at+Lexington+Park,+MD&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Tackle+Box+at&hnear=Lexington+Park,+MD&cid=0,0,14 886734824533637444&ei=EVtmTa2uLYGs8AbWkZCXCw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQnwIwAA

By the way, when I get to home tonight and I will take some pictures of my G30 with the damage of the night sight. I will make another thread to ask for your advice to see if I should replace it or to keep it.

God’s grace be with you,
Eric
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:29   #2
Glock 1

Just curious but why did you pay if it was messed up? Did they not let you see it first?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 22:08   #3
szannino

Do yourself a favor and buy the correct size nut driver for the front sight and a sight pusher for the rear sight. You'll have the correct tools for the rest of your life. It's an easy job with the correct tools. I have done it many times without the right tools and it can be done if your handy and carefully. That said its so much easier with the right tools. I just replaced the stock sights on my brand new G30S with Tritium night sights in about 5 minutes. No marks no glue no mess and I don't second guess my weapon. I have 5 Glock's and I have replaced the sights on all of them myself.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
szannino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:27   #4
glock collector

I was kinda dizzy after reading the op's paragraph, and for the computer simpletons like me, what the h#ll are all those arrow thingys??
glock collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:43   #5
72Cheyenne

This.^^^^

Sent from my two-story outhouse.
72Cheyenne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 16:08   #6
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock 1 View Post
Just curious but why did you pay if it was messed up? Did they not let you see it first?
I agree. Don't pay for it until inspected after the work is done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 17:33   #7
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock collector View Post
I was kinda dizzy after reading the op's paragraph, and for the computer simpletons like me, what the h#ll are all those arrow thingys??

Those? <o:p> says "do something", I don't know exactly what. </o:p> says "stop doing what you were doing." Don't know what they're trying to do, and don't know why they were shown, but they're basically brackets that say "Start doing this" and then the second one says "stop doing that."

"Jesus died for your sins, right? Get your money's worth."
- Chad Daniels

Last edited by TK-421; 03-27-2014 at 17:33..
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote