Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2011, 00:32   #1
Xenogy

Sight Aim vs Point of Impact

I have about 500rds through my new G23 Gen 4. It has Ameriglo Operator sights. I'm having a problem with it shooting a bit low. This if my first time with Ameriglo sights. I never had the issue with Glock 3 dot steel sights on my G23 Gen 3, or the Meprolight night sights on my G26. Apparently the Ameriglo sights are intended for the sight picture #1 in the illustration below. I prefer sight picture #2 in the illustration below.

I already used the Ameriglo sight calculator and it looks like there are no Operator sight combinations available to make my offset adjustment of .050".

Looks like Ameriglo is out for me. What sights are out there that will shoot POI according to sight picture #2?

Sights, Optics and Lasers
Xenogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 20:31   #2
bentbiker
NRA Member

Have you measured the height (front and rear) of both the Gen4 and Gen3 G23s? At what distance do you want the sights sighted-in for? You currently shoot low by what amount, and at what distance?

Last edited by bentbiker; 02-28-2011 at 20:32..
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 23:06   #3
Xenogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbiker View Post
Have you measured the height (front and rear) of both the Gen4 and Gen3 G23s? At what distance do you want the sights sighted-in for? You currently shoot low by what amount, and at what distance?
Well I sold the Gen 3 G23, but I just measured the G26 sights and good thing I did.

G26 Meprolight 3 dot: Rear: ~.270 Front: .165
G23 Gen 4 Ameriglo Rear: .256 Front: .165

There is an Ameriglo Rear sight available that measures .272. That will probably put me on target with what I'm used to.

Last edited by Xenogy; 02-28-2011 at 23:11..
Old 02-28-2011, 23:47   #4
bentbiker
NRA Member

If you need .05 additional height to the rear, that change won't do much for you (less than .5" change in POI).

Last edited by bentbiker; 03-01-2011 at 00:19..
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:54   #5
Xenogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbiker View Post
If you need .05 additional height to the rear, that change won't do much for you (less than .5" change in POI).
Your right. But with sight picture #1 I noticed that I need an adjustment of .017 since my shots are .5" low. If I got the higher sights they would give me an adjustment of .016. That should put me right on target with sight picture #1.

I use sight picture #1 anyways when I'm shooting fast. I just prefer sight picture #2 for slow fire. Fast shots I don't mind being a little high. Maybe I will just transition to sight picture #1 for all shooting. I don't really see any decrease in accuracy with it. If I get the higher sight it will just be a training issue. I really like the operator sights. My second pick would be Warrens and from what I have read I will have the same issue with them.

Thanks for your help.