Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:06   #1
the grog

P220

I purchased a used P220 about 6 years ago. I was searching for a 1911, but found the Sig instead. I have been reading the forum and decided that I really have no clue what I actually have. It is a double action 45 caliber P220 with G220 followed by 3 numbers. That is all the numbers I can find, so have decided that it may be a low serial number 220. It is made in Germany and imported to Exeter, NH. I have never had a problem with the pistol and have had quite a few people try to purchase it from me for quite a bit more than I paid. I put a Crimson Trace laser sight on several years ago and am content my home is in good hands. It is not picky about the ammo it fires. Any help in identifying it would be appreciated.

Last edited by the grog; 03-01-2011 at 10:26.. Reason: adding more information
the grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:13   #2
backbore

Send a message via Yahoo to backbore
I don't have any information for you, but to be certain of what you have I suggest contacting the factory. Phone: (603) 772-2302 (press #3 for Customer Service)
Old 03-02-2011, 09:50   #3
silversport

G220 should put your P220 around 1994 (like mine)...does it have W. Germany written on it or just Germany??? (even though by then German had re-united, mine still has W. (West) Germany written on the slide as SiG was using up old stock...look under the slide (dust cover) and you should see some cartouche's where it was proofed in Germany...should be a stamped steel and folded slide pinned to a breach block and have the newer rounded hammer with the additional safety intercept notch for decocking the earlier spur hammered P220s did not...not really earlier (depending on your perspective as the P220 came out in the 1970's) but many people prefer the German made SiGs or the earlier stamped steel slide ones...
Enjoy.

Bill

Last edited by silversport; 03-02-2011 at 09:52..
silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:02   #4
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the grog View Post
I purchased a used P220 about 6 years ago. I was searching for a 1911, but found the Sig instead. I have been reading the forum and decided that I really have no clue what I actually have. It is a double action 45 caliber P220 with G220 followed by 3 numbers. That is all the numbers I can find, so have decided that it may be a low serial number 220. It is made in Germany and imported to Exeter, NH. I have never had a problem with the pistol and have had quite a few people try to purchase it from me for quite a bit more than I paid. I put a Crimson Trace laser sight on several years ago and am content my home is in good hands. It is not picky about the ammo it fires. Any help in identifying it would be appreciated.
I agree with Silversport based on this information.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote