GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 08:58   #1
polizei1
It WAS Quack
 
polizei1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,167
Send a message via AIM to polizei1
Ok, Finally Getting It Done!

Well, good news. After talking to John Harrison for a few months, I came up with a build list and he's just waiting for me to send my EMP to him.

Bad news, he said it's going to take a few months, and this is my only carry gun. So cry me a river and pray that nothing happens! Also, to add insult to injury, it's going to be about 50% more than what I anticipated in the beginning.

HD-005 rear sight
Fit and Tune new extractor
Flush fit extractor
Re-crown flush
HD slide stop
HD short trigger
Front strap checking 25lpi
Ed Brown single-side safety (tactical)
Carry Bevel
Countersunk slide stop
Round Butt
Refinish matte black DLC (everything)

And lastly, I have a set of Horned Lizards with mag release ramp cut ready to go. Actually, I've had these for a few months now but they are cut for SS safety so I have to wait.

I haven't even sent it in yet but man I can't wait to get it back.

And one last thing, I hate all of you.

Last edited by polizei1; 03-16-2011 at 07:50..
polizei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:00   #2
awpk03s
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,541
that will be a sweet setup!
awpk03s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:04   #3
knedrgr
Senior Member
 
knedrgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: C to the L to the E
Posts: 3,326
murder out is
knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:05   #4
Hokie1911
><><><><><
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,691
Sounds like a badass build. Can't wait to see it.
Hokie1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:12   #5
thecableguy
Senior Member
 
thecableguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: N. Richland Hills TX
Posts: 2,070
That is going to bad ass.
__________________
veni,vidi,vici
http://www.1911addicts.com
thecableguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:59   #6
polizei1
It WAS Quack
 
polizei1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,167
Send a message via AIM to polizei1
Thanks everyone. I've gotten a few comments about why I'm spending so much on an EMP when I could be in Wilson territory.

Simply put, it's what I envisioned the EMP to be, and I know John will make it happen. I honestly don't see myself getting another 1911 anytime soon, and I don't see myself carrying another 1911 either. Besides, I would have to sell the holsters I bought, plus the EMP and everything else.

Murdered 3" EMP, what more could you want?

Last edited by polizei1; 03-11-2011 at 10:01..
polizei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:07   #7
knedrgr
Senior Member
 
knedrgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: C to the L to the E
Posts: 3,326
+ a flat trigger!
knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:24   #8
polizei1
It WAS Quack
 
polizei1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,167
Send a message via AIM to polizei1
Nope, I don't do fugly things.
polizei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:34   #9
polizei1
It WAS Quack
 
polizei1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,167
Send a message via AIM to polizei1
Just sent the gun out today, so hopefully it won't take forever (but I heard Ionbond takes a while). I'll be sure to post pictures obviously, as soon as I get it back.

Now if I only had another 1911 to carry. So with that said, I'm taking donations until the EMP comes back. 3-4.25" 1911's only, any caliber 9mm+. PM me if interested.
polizei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:41   #10
knedrgr
Senior Member
 
knedrgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: C to the L to the E
Posts: 3,326
Too bad you don't do fugly...I would've loan you one of my 1911...
knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:51   #11
Quack
Rent this space
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by knedrgr View Post
Too bad you don't do fugly...I would've loan you one of my 1911...
same here. i would've let you carry my Guardian, same with Hokie since he's down to a Fenix light, a dull Spyderco and empty holster's.

Last edited by Quack; 03-14-2011 at 12:51..
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:51   #12
polizei1
It WAS Quack
 
polizei1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,167
Send a message via AIM to polizei1
Hey, I'm open to trying things! Just not doing it on mine.
polizei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:52   #13
Quack
Rent this space
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by polizei1 View Post
Hey, I'm open to trying things! Just not doing it on mine.
too bad, you've been relegated to the "Just say no" group
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 13:03   #14
Hokie1911
><><><><><
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
same here. i would've let you carry my Guardian, same with Hokie since he's down to a Fenix light, a dull Spyderco and empty holster's.
Don't forget harsh language.

You'll let me borrow the GBOB for a few weeks? I've got an empty 4.25" VM2 and a handful of 9mm GoldDots at the moment.

Last edited by Hokie1911; 03-14-2011 at 13:09..
Hokie1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 13:12   #15
knedrgr
Senior Member
 
knedrgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: C to the L to the E
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokieshooterG23 View Post
Don't forget harsh language.

You'll let me borrow the GBOB for a few weeks? I've got an empty 4.25" VM2 and a handful of 9mm GoldDots at the moment.
I don't know how well those Gold Dots will sit inside that VM2...you might want to ducktape that hole in the bottom so those bullets won't fall out.

I hope you can throw those Gold Dots with some accuracy. Might want to visit the range and get your pitching arm warm up, until when you can be part of the 1911 club...
knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 13:14   #16
Hokie1911
><><><><><
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by knedrgr View Post
I don't know how well those Gold Dots will sit inside that VM2...you might want to ducktape that hole in the bottom so those bullets won't fall out.

I hope you can throw those Gold Dots with some accuracy. Might want to visit the range and get your pitching arm warm up, until when you can be part of the 1911 club...
Drive the 20min over to my place and stand in front of me. I bet I can break skin.
Hokie1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 13:16   #17
knedrgr
Senior Member
 
knedrgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: C to the L to the E
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokieshooterG23 View Post
Drive the 20min over to my place and stand in front of me. I bet I can break skin.
OK, but only if I get to throw some bullets out one of my 1911...I'll even use a smaller bullet, and borrow Quack's 22 conversion.
knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 13:20   #18
Hokie1911
><><><><><
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by knedrgr View Post
OK, but only if I get to throw some bullets out one of my 1911...I'll even use a smaller bullet, and borrow Quack's 22 conversion.
I'll just block them ninjastyle with my dull Spyderco.
Hokie1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 13:27   #19
polizei1
It WAS Quack
 
polizei1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,167
Send a message via AIM to polizei1
On a side note, Quack said he was "soon" sending his EMP off to the Custom Shop for some work, and that was back in January 2010.

So what's the deal!? I guess they won't touch those fugly flat triggers.
polizei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 19:42   #20
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,129
Should be great
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 19:47   #21
Quack
Rent this space
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by polizei1 View Post
On a side note, Quack said he was "soon" sending his EMP off to the Custom Shop for some work, and that was back in January 2010.

So what's the deal!? I guess they won't touch those fugly flat triggers.
i keep buying 1911's. going to do the checkering in the next few weeks when i get around to buying the checkering jig.
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 20:04   #22
carguy2244
Senior Member
 
carguy2244's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 847
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by polizei1 View Post
Well, good news. After talking to John Harrison for a few months, I came up with a build list and he's just waiting for me to send my EMP to him.

Bad news, he said it's going to take a few months, and this is my only carry gun. So cry me a river and pray that nothing happens! Also, to add insult to injury, it's going to be about 50% more than what I anticipated in the beginning.

HD-004 rear sight
Fit and Tune new extractor
Flush fit extractor
Re-crown flush
HD slide stop
HD short trigger
Front strap checking 25lpi
Ed Brown single-side safety (tactical)
Carry Bevel
Countersunk slide stop
Round Butt
Refinish matte black DLC (everything)

And lastly, I have a set of Horned Lizards with mag release ramp cut ready to go. Actually, I've had these for a few months now but they are cut for SS safety so I have to wait.

I haven't even sent it in yet but man I can't wait to get it back.

And one last thing, I hate all of you.
Looks like a nice set up, but here's the question, and understand everything I own is stock, from my Glock 17 to my 1.5 inch SRP in hard chrome...

Why do all this to a weapon that works perfectly well already?

Last edited by carguy2244; 03-14-2011 at 20:07..
carguy2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 20:13   #23
Hokie1911
><><><><><
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2244 View Post
Why do all this to a weapon that works perfectly well already?
Because he can?

That's what makes the 1911 so great.....individuality. You can make it yours. Whatever you want.

Last edited by Hokie1911; 03-14-2011 at 20:13..
Hokie1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 20:13   #24
thecableguy
Senior Member
 
thecableguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: N. Richland Hills TX
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2244 View Post
Looks like a nice set up, but here's the question, and understand everything I own is stock, from my Glock 17 to my 1.5 inch SRP in hard chrome...

Why do all this to a weapon that works perfectly well already?
For me
To make it your own.
To squeeze every last ounce of performance out of it.
Just why I would do it.
__________________
veni,vidi,vici
http://www.1911addicts.com
thecableguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 20:15   #25
Quack
Rent this space
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2244 View Post
Looks like a nice set up, but here's the question, and understand everything I own is stock, from my Glock 17 to my 1.5 inch SRP in hard chrome...

Why do all this to a weapon that works perfectly well already?
because he rides a Harley
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:45.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,070
260 Members
810 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42