SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-12-2011, 18:34   #1
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Who's itchin for fichin?

Or fishing, if you are into technical versus rhyming.

I'm headed to the lake for some shore fishing tomorrow. We FINALLY have a decent amount of ice gone off the lake. Hoping some slow jigs will spur some bites. I'll bring the whole tackle box in case they are looking for something closer to a herring/shad look-alike.
Old 03-12-2011, 19:12   #2
grady3003

well today was my first day on the water this year and fishing was great. caught largemouth & white bass,crappie,channel catfish even brought home a few to eat.
grady3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:23   #3
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Well you stink. I got skunked. Waaaaaaay too cold to be fishing still. Just 'cuz there's no ice on the lake doesn't mean the fish are ready to be caught. LOL

I think we are a full month behind last year. Even now, temps are consistently below average. It'll top out in the high 40's today. It'll be sunny and mid-50's tomorrow, then mid-50's and rain on Fri/Sat. Then back in the 40's. We can't get pre-spawn attacks until that water temp comes up quite a bit.

On the good news front, I fiddled with my baitcaster and did something amazing: I THOUGHT I was tossing out a Yum Dinger 6" TX rigged. Turns out I was tossin it out with no weight at all. Just the Dinger. I adjusted the reel and it FLEW out there! On a 6' Med-fast rod. That was good to see. I couldn't do that last year. Dunno why, but I couldn't.

I need the boat in the water! (I need a ramp first. d'OH!)
Old 03-16-2011, 08:27   #4
Brianharless13

Just put new line on three poles over the weekend. I am ready to get out there. Found a sweet spot last year and ready to see if it is still full of large and smallmouth bass.
Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor, Howard Lodge #93 F&AM
Brianharless13 is offline   Reply With Quote