SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-13-2011, 21:56   #1
High-Gear

M1S90 vs. TR-870?

Here's the situation.

I have a M1 Super 90 with 20" barrel, ported, surefire weapon light, extended tube, milled bolt (faster cycling / more reliable for light loads). This has been my HD / dove blaster for a few years. Has 8+1 capacity, side saddle and +2 holder in front of ejection port.

I am going to start back to competitive shooting (IDPA), and can't use a semi-auto shotgun. I have been thinking about picking up an 870 for this purpose, as well as a camping gun. My wife and I have an overland expedition vehicle, and enjoy taking long road trips camping and exploring. We can take a shotgun into Canada for predatory animal defense as long as it is not an "Assault Weapon" I think I'd have a hard time convincing anyone my M1 Super 90 was not an assault weapon!

Lately I've consolidated many of my handguns down to higher quality ones (Quality vs. Quantity!) I've become smitten with Wilson Combat 1911's, and have thought about picking up a TR870 to go along with the handguns.

I really don't have a need for two tactical shotguns. I also have a Winchester 1300 which was my first gun, so I will not modify or sell this gun. It is my turkey gun, and will probably become my dove gun if I get rid of the M1.

So here it is:
Should I trade or sell the M1 Super 90 and get a Wilson / Scattergun Tech TR-870, or stick with the 'Nelli?
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 17:14   #2
CAcop

Do you still like your Benelli?

Could you buy a used 870 and refit it to your needs?

If you did refit it to your needs you could always send it off to Wilson for their refurbishing of old 870s.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote