SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-14-2011, 18:52   #1
hurricanes52

delete

delete please

Last edited by hurricanes52; 03-19-2011 at 18:23..
hurricanes52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 19:55   #2
TSAX
USAF Vet

The Streamlight TLR-2s is about $230 to $265

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 21:29   #3
alba666
WWJGD

Viridian has been good to me. Customer service is top notch. Sent my X5L back to get fixed. They didn't ask how old it was, just said send it back & we'll fix it free of charge. Even paid shipping both ways. Only delay was because I had to wait an extra few days because they had personnel at the SHOT show.
Old 03-14-2011, 23:52   #4
bentbiker
NRA Member

Are you aware of the Sights, Optics and Laser forum?
http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=125
There are a few threads on both Viridian and C5L. You don't say what gun it will go on, but there have been problems with the clamps for Glocks -- don't know whether the problems have been fixed. I agree that Viridian's CS is top notch.
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:28   #5
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanes52 View Post
I was wondering you opinions on what you guys would do. Im looking at the viridian c5l which is a green laser, 100 lumen light output. that would cost me 245 out to door. or i can go with the lasermax unimax and mount and surefire x300 under it, that combo would run me 320 out the door. honestly i have to practical use for a green laser other than the ''cool'' factor. im not a LEO/MIL so the advantages the green laser offers doesnt matter. again, i just want to know the quality of viridian since im not familiar with them, and also what to know what combo you would use. thanks

You don't say which make & model gun you're putting these gizmos on, so let me offer the following...

The last I checked, the LaserMax Uni-Max and Uni-Green had about the same exterior dimensions, and the SureFire X300 had about the same exterior dimensions as the X200A and X200B. The point being, I found that my Surefire X200s A&B would not lock up beneath my LaserMax Uni-Green on our G17, G19 and G21, as the lamp body is too long and runs into the forward curving trigger guard.

The curved rear contour of the SureFire X200 A&B (and probably the X300) that fits so nicely into the recurved portion of the Glock trigger guard--see pic attached--doesn't fit at all when stacked beneath the LaserMax Uni-Green (and probably the Uni-Max) on the Glock rail. The light can't be pushed back far enough to achieve lock-up.

My solution was to purchase an Insight XTI Procyon weapon light. This lamp's shorter body allows for lock-up beneath the LaserMax Uni-Green on any of our three Glocks.

As to the light and laser, I'm very pleased with both!

--Ray

Last edited by RayB; 05-22-2011 at 12:09..
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 17:39   #6
AaronZR2

The Surefire's output blows the C5L out of the water.
AaronZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 14:07   #7
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronZR2 View Post
The Surefire's output blows the C5L out of the water.

The weapon light portion of the Viridian laser/light units have all been described as okay or adequate at best. Still, many Viridian owners find their units satisfactory.

The SureFire X300, Insight WX150 and Streamlight TLR-1 C4 will all outperform the Viridian weapon lights. This has to do with optics, aperture, and reflector size--not just point-source brightness. The Viridian light is smaller than the others mentioned.

--Ray
Old 03-19-2011, 17:24   #8
hurricanes52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayB View Post
The weapon light portion of the Viridian laser/light units have all been described as okay or adequate at best. Still, many Viridian owners find their units satisfactory.

The SureFire X300, Insight WX150 and Streamlight TLR-1 C4 will all outperform the Viridian weapon lights. This has to do with optics, aperture, and reflector size--not just point-source brightness. The Viridian light is smaller than the others mentioned.

--Ray
will the tlr-1 (with strobing) fit under a lasermax unixmax mounted on g23
hurricanes52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:08   #9
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanes52 View Post
will the tlr-1 (with strobing) fit under a lasermax unixmax mounted on g23

If memory serves, yes. Again, if memory serves, the lamp body needs to be about 1/4-inch shorter than the SureFire's, to lock-up on the Glock rail beneath a LaserMax Uni-Max or Uni-Green...

Here's (attached) my G21 with LaserMax LMS-UNI-G (Uni-Green) and Insight XTI Procyon weapon light. The Procyon has since been upgraded and replaced by the even brighter WX150...

Also attached is a performance pic of the Insight XTI Procyon Vs the SureFire X200B. As you can see, the Insight gives the SureFire a real run for its money performance-wise--at $100.00 less!

Note: The SureFire X200A (spot beam) and X200B (flood beam) weapon lights were replaced with the SureFire X300, which offers a combined performance in one weapon light model.

--Ray

Last edited by RayB; 05-22-2011 at 12:09..