Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:52   #1
SgtRambo

Suggest fiber optic sights for G19

Im looking to set up my gen 3 with a fiber optic front and all black rear. Does anyone have suggestions i.e. Brand, heights, width? I see Ameriglo offers individual pieces that I can combine, but I am unsure which heights and widths work well together. Thanks for the help!
SgtRambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:45   #2
RayB
Retired Member

I've got that set up on my 3rd Gen G17 with a Dawson Precision fully adjustable, matte-black serrated rear sight, and a Dawson Precision fiber optic, serrated front sight.

My G17's primarily a target pistol, so I wasn't overly picky about sight profiles...

Why not peruse their website?

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/Home.jsp?refresh=true

--Ray

P.S. Quality and customer service are first-rate!

Last edited by RayB; 03-17-2011 at 04:47.. Reason: Add P.S.
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:47   #3
sciolist

Sevigny competition rear, paired with either .245, .215 or .205 front. The Warren fronts are .115 wide. The .205 Dawson is .105 wide. As stated, check Dawson's site.
sciolist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 13:10   #4
W4CNG

Send a message via AIM to W4CNG
I have Dawson and Ameriglo on two Glocks. Both have Glock adjustable sights on the rear. They both work well and I recommend both. The Ameriglo pipe is a little larger than the Dawson.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
W4CNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 15:36   #5
RayB
Retired Member

Consider the "bulbed" fiber optic replacement rods (see DP website)... Long before these were available, I found that with the careful application of heat, I could "spin" a Big Dot (see attached) for my front fiber optic sight.

Here's (see attached) my trusty G17 with the previously described Dawson Precision sight set-up... This gun has some 14,000 rounds on it, and hasn't hiccupped once! Everything in life should work so well!

--Ray

Last edited by RayB; 05-22-2011 at 12:09..
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 23:10   #6
denn1911

I have black Warren's in the rear with Dawson's red fiber optic front on a few of mine. It's a nice set up.
denn1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 19:12   #7
philb81b

Hiviz

Hi i just got my Gen4 G22 and the first thing i did was to change out the front site to the Hiviz sites. You can order the kit which comes with 2 of every color, actully you get 3 red tubes, 2 green tubes, 1 white tube, plus the tool to change them and a handy carring case for your key chain for the extras. I did not change the rear, and i must say, that with the red site i have no problem getting sited in a hurry. The whole kit cost me around $35.00 and i changed the front myself.
philb81b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 19:32   #8
nfrangip

I put the Heinie +50 setup on my g35. It's a Dawson Precision FO front with a Heinie Slantpro QUIK REAR. I shot them the weekend before last and they were real easy to pick up. Really improved my accuracy shooting USPSA, I recommend them highly.

http://www.heinie.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=101
nfrangip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 19:48   #9
ChrisJn
"Old Bill"

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb81b View Post
Hi i just got my Gen4 G22 and the first thing i did was to change out the front site to the Hiviz sites. You can order the kit which comes with 2 of every color, actully you get 3 red tubes, 2 green tubes, 1 white tube, plus the tool to change them and a handy carring case for your key chain for the extras. I did not change the rear, and i must say, that with the red site i have no problem getting sited in a hurry. The whole kit cost me around $35.00 and i changed the front myself.
+1 on Hi-Viz. I have them front and rear on my G35.
ChrisJn is offline   Reply With Quote