Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-19-2011, 21:23   #1
jack76590

CZ rubber grips. Concealment issues?

I have an IWB holster being made for my CZ 75D PCR compact. I am wondering if the factory rubber grips will cause problems with covering garment hanging up. Any experience? Solutions - either different grips or modification of factory grips? I was specifically wondering if light sanding of diamonds would help with hanging up of covering garment, if in fact there is a problem.
jack76590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 22:16   #2
GAFinch

I'm not sure you can really polish rubber. I guess you could shave off the high spots, but it seems like it would be very hard to blend afterward and just make a big mess.

I can't help with the concealment issue, as I only carried my full size 75 over the winter with a jacket.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:55   #3
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

I've got the Hogue Rubber grips on my CZ 75BD, and have carried it IWB before(nowdays its mostly a target gun)... I bought mine, the stock grips were plastic.

The Hogue Grip is really awesome...

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 14:54   #4
jack76590

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
I've got the Hogue Rubber grips on my CZ 75BD, and have carried it IWB before(nowdays its mostly a target gun)... I bought mine, the stock grips were plastic.

The Hogue Grip is really awesome...

IGF
There is another CZ model, that has plastic grips and these grips will fit my PCR, so I may be buying a set of these from CZ. However, waiting for my Kramer holster before deciding.

But interested in how you liked the plastic stock grips before switching to Hogue.
jack76590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:24   #5
panzer1
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
There is another CZ model, that has plastic grips and these grips will fit my PCR, so I may be buying a set of these from CZ. However, waiting for my Kramer holster before deciding.

But interested in how you liked the plastic stock grips before switching to Hogue.
The rubber grips should be just fine they work well for me. If you want the stock plastic grips for it I can sell you mine. When I got my cz75,compact they came with the plastic grips so I ordered the rubber grips from CZ. They are the same size I just like rubber better. I never used the plastic grips so they are new.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:16   #6
viG

Right now I also use the rubber grips. They hide fine under a button up shirt thats untucked with an ISW holster. I love shooting with them as well that have a great feel. I'm also debating about getting the wood grips. I like options and it makes the weapon look classy. You can find them at the CZ custom shop. Also VZ makes G10 grips that would be thinner then the rubber ones.

[URL]http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-85-TS-Grips-Aluminum-Plastic-Rubber.aspx[/URL]
viG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 14:20   #7
clarkstoncz

I don't like the rubber grips as they do tend to stick(for me) and I usually go for wooden grips when possible.

CZ Club

CZ Club

As you can see.. they turned out very nice.

CZ Club

CZ Club

You might have different requirements.

KEV
CZ Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

clarkstoncz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 21:58   #8
GAFinch

Well, OP, I tried carrying my CZ 75B today under a t-shirt and Bermuda shirt I hadn't worn in awhile. It actually concealed very well and my shirt did not hang up on the rubber grips.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote