Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-20-2011, 19:12   #1
cuinthecreek

Limited Edition Glocks

Hey guys and girls...new to the forum. I was wondering if I could get those of you that have one or some of the limited edition Glocks (Desert Storm, Bell Helicopter, Alaskan, etc.) to post some pics in this thread...I would love to see them.

Thanks!
cuinthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 20:42   #2
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Have you seen the pics of mine over at the GlockFAQ?

http://www.glockfaq.com/content.aspx...ectible_Glocks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 22:21   #3
cuinthecreek

I did..it was actually your site that made me want to see some more pics. I would love to start collecting these! Great info you have there!
cuinthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:30   #4
Brianharless13

Wow! Really nice collection Makemine10mm.
Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor, Howard Lodge #93 F&AM
Brianharless13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:50   #5
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Thanks guys. I have a few others that I haven't gotten up on the site yet. Perhaps I'll post some pics here, if I get time this weekend.

Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:21   #6
Glock27NY

Im thinking about getting a 25th anniversary G17...
Glock27NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 00:36   #7
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Sorry guys. Time has not been on my side lately. These are pictures I took awhile ago and some of them are a little out-of-focus. My apoligies. (These were really taken for insurance purposes, so serial numbers were more important than crispness...) Finally got the flash drive and the computer together and uploaded some pics that are not on the GlockFAQ website:

This is an exclusive. I think this is the only place on the net you'll find pictures of this one! AFAIK, this is the only one in America. These were sold only in Europe, and there were only 200 of them made. This is the 10th Anniversary Glock, commemorating 10 years of association between Glock and their European distributor, Dynamite-Nobel.

Inside of the upper lid of the box:
Glock Collector's Club

The (typical) commemorative engraving on the right side of the front of the slide (auf Deutsch):
Glock Collector's Club

The inside of the lower half of the (attache) case:
Glock Collector's Club

Another pistol whose picture has not made it onto the GlockFAQ yet, this pistol was a limited edition made up for the guys in the 3ID (3rd Infantry Division) who participated in OIF (Operation Iraqi Freedom). I'll have to go back over my notes, but this was a limited edition of around 100 pistols. Unfortunately, Glock hasn't started offering full-color engraving yet, so the 3rd ID patch is in silver and black, but if you know unit patches, "the rock of the Marne's" patch is clearly visible:
Glock Collector's Club

I noticed most of the photos of the commemoratives on the GlockFAQ have been resized and there's no large-size version of the photos anymore. (BTW, that's not "my" site. I provided a lot of the info, but it's owned, operated and updated by another fellow I met here at GT.) Because I really like the top of the Desert Storm Commemorative's slide, here's a bigger view. Sorry it's not crisper, but you get the idea:
Glock Collector's Club

Old 03-30-2011, 00:36   #8
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Here's a couple pistols I do NOT own. These are photos that members here have sent me of some commemoratives that I'd like to acquire (hint, hint). If you have one of these that's taking up space in your safe, let me know!

First up is the Kiowa Warrior. I know there were a couple or more Army Aviation commemoratives. I remember an ad in my dad's American Legion magazine placed by the Army Aviation Association for a series (I think) of commemoratives, but I've only verified two were made: Apache Instructor Pilot's and Kiowa Warrior's. Here's the Kiowa:
Glock Collector's Club

Next up is the Safari Club International's Commemorative. I don't have much info on these, except for their sponsoring organization (SCI):
Glock Collector's Club

And, I'm still looking for an FBI 100th Anniversary Commemorative. These are gorgeous, and I'd love to have one to go with my cousin's FBI badge and ID:
Glock Collector's Club

Old 03-30-2011, 00:40   #9
HotRoderX
Gen4 BETATester

Makemine do you happen to have a Tan frame Glock?
Old 03-30-2011, 09:47   #10
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

No, I don't. Thought abought getting an OD frame, but didn't get it either. I decided when I started I would limit myself to true commemoratives which commemorate something. That's why I don't have the "Homeland Defender" Glock, police-marked Glocks, etc. I did get the Defense Set, and those and the G-28 are the only Glocks in my collection which violate that commemorative principle. Shoot, I don't have enough money to buy all the commemoratives, if I find more than one at the same time, so trying to do all the engraved ones or all the variations would really make me broke!

Old 03-30-2011, 15:44   #11
iflyem1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm View Post
Here's a couple pistols I do NOT own. These are photos that members here have sent me of some commemoratives that I'd like to acquire (hint, hint). If you have one of these that's taking up space in your safe, let me know!

First up is the Kiowa Warrior. I know there were a couple or more Army Aviation commemoratives. I remember an ad in my dad's American Legion magazine placed by the Army Aviation Association for a series (I think) of commemoratives, but I've only verified two were made: Apache Instructor Pilot's and Kiowa Warrior's. Here's the Kiowa:
Glock Collector's Club

Next up is the Safari Club International's Commemorative. I don't have much info on these, except for their sponsoring organization (SCI):
Glock Collector's Club

And, I'm still looking for an FBI 100th Anniversary Commemorative. These are gorgeous, and I'd love to have one to go with my cousin's FBI badge and ID:
Glock Collector's Club
I have a sister-in-law that works for the FBI. I'll ask around and see if anyone bought one of these and are willing to sell. My understanding is that these were made available to FBI agents initially. Don't knoew if that is true or not?
iflyem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 23:44   #12
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyem1 View Post
I have a sister-in-law that works for the FBI. I'll ask around and see if anyone bought one of these and are willing to sell. My understanding is that these were made available to FBI agents initially. Don't knoew if that is true or not?
Wow, that would be awesome, iflyem1! I've had a few guys check around their offices, but most agents bought one, and want to keep it... And, yes, my understanding is that they were sold ONLY to agents, so the few that are out in private hands are ones that the agents sold.

Old 03-31-2011, 21:12   #13
Woody Jones

Apache Instructor Pilot G23

I happen to own one. I was not a fan of Glocks, but several years ago, a friend of mine who was a fellow Apache IP owed me some money for some remodeling work. He used the G23 as part of his payment. It was my first Glock and is one of my primary carry guns, along with my new G36.

CW4 USA retired
NRA Life Member, VFW Life Member (G21,G30,G36 and G19)
21 Club #0051,Big Dawg #1600, Florida Glockers #213036, Kalashnikov Klub # 213036,
Woody Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 20:16   #14
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Woody, did he get his name engraved in it? Can you post a picture?

Old 04-01-2011, 20:32   #15
Woody Jones

No, instead of having his name on it, he had "Limited Edition" engraved on the slide. Every one of the others of this version I have seen had the individuals' names on the slides. I'll take some pictures this weekend and Post them

CW4 USA retired
21 Club #0051,Big Dawg #1600, Florida Glockers #213036, Kalashnikov Klub # 213036,
Old 04-01-2011, 20:57   #16
Woody Jones

Apache G23 Pics

https://picasaweb.google.com/woodyjo...eat=directlink

CW4 USA retired

Last edited by Woody Jones; 04-01-2011 at 21:00..
Old 04-03-2011, 20:05   #17
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Wow, that's a nice one Woody!! I wonder if I could trade you out of it for a brand new G23 to carry??

Old 04-03-2011, 20:08   #18
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

BTW, has anyone noticed the completely REDUNCULOUS pricing on the new 25th Anniv. Glock??

Used to be the commemorative Glocks were only about $25-$50 more than a standard Glock of the same model/features, but that 25th Anniv. is waaaaay higher everyplace I've looked so far.

Of course, it's a "Gen4" so perhaps the Gen4s are higher priced than the old "standard" (Gen3 and earlier) Glocks?? (Haven't priced a new Glock in quite some time...)

Does anyone else find it humorous/interesting that Glock has adopted our GT short-hand of describing the different generations of Glocks??

Old 04-03-2011, 20:10   #19
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm View Post
BTW, has anyone noticed the completely REDUNCULOUS pricing on the new 25th Anniv. Glock??
Oh, and a hint for my fellow collectors --- I've found that whenever Glock makes more than 1500 of any particular commemorative, they always wind up with too many, and blow out the "leftovers", that they can't move initially, in a special sale about 6mos to a year after the commemorative was issued... So, my advice, and what I'm doing, is hold off about 5-8 months and get one about $50-$100 cheaper when the sale happens...