GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 14:54   #1
TH3180
Senior Member
 
TH3180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 238
Truglo TFO's....green/green or yellow/green?

I want to replace the sights on my G17. I think I have decided on Truglo TFO's. I can get them locally and they will install them while I wait at no charge. I have done a ton of research and I have held them in my hand. I still canít decide if I want all green or green in the front and yellow in the rear. I use this gun for USPSA, steel shoots and fun at the range. My shooting is spilt 50-50 outside and at an indoor range that has bad lighting at best. What do all of you think I should do? I will be working within a few miles of where I am going to buy them Tuesday and Wednesday. I want to get them one of those days. I have an indoor USPSA match a week from Thursday and I would like to shoot with them at least one time before my match. Any help you guys can give me would be great. I have trouble spending $100 on sights but hay there good for +10 years.
__________________
As for drinking while brewing...if you can still speak english, you can still brew.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
TH3180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 22:32   #2
Skipper Bob
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Renton, Wa.
Posts: 65
I have the green -green on my g-17 4th gen 1,200 rds. with them and would highly recommed them. Great for my older bifocal aided eyes.
__________________
G-17 gen 4
S & W K-22 Masterpiece
S & W 29 44 Mag
Ruger LCP W/CT
Ruger 10-22
Skipper Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 22:45   #3
TH3180
Senior Member
 
TH3180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 238
I ended up getting the yellow/green today. One thing I am wondering. I had the gun shop install them for me. What is the allen screw in the rear sight for. I saw an allen wrench in the package. I didn't even notice the screw in the rear sight until I got home.
__________________
As for drinking while brewing...if you can still speak english, you can still brew.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
TH3180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 14:55   #4
mvician
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
mvician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 3,344
Blog Entries: 1
setscrew is to lock the sight in place.


pics for those deciding green/green of green/yellow
there are on the XD45C that I had.

Sights, Optics and Lasers

Sights, Optics and Lasers

Sights, Optics and Lasers
__________________
Be a man, grow your BEARD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 17:31   #5
one73maro
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 189
I have the green/green TFO's on my G27 and they are great. I do believe they have a set that are red/green. I bet the red would stand out pretty good on the front. Nice pics by the way!
one73maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 18:09   #6
gator378
Gator378
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: St. Peters, Mo, USA
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3180 View Post
I want to replace the sights on my G17. I think I have decided on Truglo TFO's. I can get them locally and they will install them while I wait at no charge. I have done a ton of research and I have held them in my hand. I still canít decide if I want all green or green in the front and yellow in the rear. I use this gun for USPSA, steel shoots and fun at the range. My shooting is spilt 50-50 outside and at an indoor range that has bad lighting at best. What do all of you think I should do? I will be working within a few miles of where I am going to buy them Tuesday and Wednesday. I want to get them one of those days. I have an indoor USPSA match a week from Thursday and I would like to shoot with them at least one time before my match. Any help you guys can give me would be great. I have trouble spending $100 on sights but hay there good for +10 years.
My eyes are sensitive to green and I can pick out green immediately. Red and yellow do not show up that good for me.
__________________
gator378
gator378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 15:03   #7
RayB
Retired Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,983
A Couple of Comments, if I May...

Quote:
Any help you guys can give me would be great. I have trouble spending $100 on sights but hay there good for +10 years.
Q: Do products come with a warranty?
A: Yes. We guarantee all of our products to be free from defect for ninety days from purchase.


http://www.truglo.com/faq.aspx

I couldn't find it in writing, but the tritium lamps used in TFO's (imported and distributed by Trijicon) are supposedly guaranteed to glow usefully for ten years. The sights themselves have only a 90-Day Warranty...


Quote:
I bet the red would stand out pretty good on the front.
Quote:
My eyes are sensitive to green and I can pick out green immediately. Red and yellow do not show up that good for me.
Conventional wisdom puts the brighter appearing green sight to the front. But in sights where only the front is fiber optic and the rear sight is matte-black, red appears as the brightest pointÖ

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 14:25   #8
wppreach
Registered User
 
wppreach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wills Point, TX
Posts: 4
Great info and great pics. I am in the market for the TruGlo TFO sights for my Glock 23. This is the exact question I had. Thanks to all who commented.

Russell
__________________
G23 3rd generation
Ruger LCP w/CT laser BUG
Ruger 22/45 for extra range work & plinking
Ruger 10/22
wppreach is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:10.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,158
306 Members
852 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42