Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-29-2011, 14:25   #1
wrx04

Rear sight options...

After playing around with my SRP, i realized i dont like the sights at all. Mine has the night sights with metallic rings around them. They are really distracting.

I want a plain black fixed rear sight. Besides the 10-8 that everyone seems to like, are there any other good options? Thanks.
wrx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 14:29   #2
Cerebrus
Airborne! 12B

Harrisons rear sight looks pretty good as well as PW's Tier one..
Cerebrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 14:35   #3
Quack
Rent this space

Heinie Ledge rear sight...for the most part, sight's are similar. I prefer the 10-8 for the U-notch rather than the other's that have a square notch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 17:44   #4
knedrgr

Was debating between the 10-8 and the HD, but went with another 10-8.
COTEFT #2

knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 18:19   #5
polizei1
It WAS Quack

Send a message via AIM to polizei1
I'm having a Harrison put on mine. Basically from what I can tell, it's the exact same as the 10-8, except the circle vs. square cut.
polizei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 18:46   #6
rsxr22

the harrison and heine like quack said are very similar.
rsxr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 18:51   #7
R0CKETMAN
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
I prefer the 10-8 for the U-notch rather than the other's that have a square notch.
Me too on the U...if you don't like Harrison or 10-8, maybe Warren.

"Home of the Free because of the Brave"

R0CKETMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 19:32   #8
samuse

I like the Novak plain black .145" notch myself. Works well with a Baer tritium front.

I had that setup on a LB Custom Carry.

I just tried another 10-8 on my Springfield and I like 'em until I get outside. The serrations catch my eye, where the smooth Novak kinda disappears.

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 19:39   #9
GJ1981
Pitying Fools

Quote:
Originally Posted by polizei1 View Post
Basically from what I can tell, it's the exact same as the 10-8, except the circle vs. square cut.
The Harrison is cut deeper than the Heinie. Some people don't like that but I have taken a liking to it. There are some other minor differences.
GJ1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 19:42   #10
Quack
Rent this space

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuse View Post
I like the Novak plain black .145" notch myself. Works well with a Baer tritium front.

I had that setup on a LB Custom Carry.

I just tried another 10-8 on my Springfield and I like 'em until I get outside. The serrations catch my eye, where the smooth Novak kinda disappears.
you still have the 10-8? i have a few black Novak's that are sitting in my parts box collecting dust.

Old 03-29-2011, 19:44   #11
samuse

Quote:
you still have the 10-8? i have a few black Novak's that are sitting in my parts box collecting dust.

Sure do.

You have one with the .145" notch?

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 19:46   #12
Bob469

are there any options for the colt standard dovetail besides the GI type ? Everything i've found require the slide to be milled... which i'd rather avoid...
Old 03-29-2011, 19:57   #13
Quack
Rent this space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob469 View Post
are there any options for the colt standard dovetail besides the GI type ? Everything i've found require the slide to be milled... which i'd rather avoid...
there's sights out there. what are you looking for?

Old 03-29-2011, 19:58   #14
Quack
Rent this space

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuse View Post
Sure do.

You have one with the .145" notch?
nah, it's the standard .125" sights.

Old 03-29-2011, 23:26   #15
Bob469

Quote:
there's sights out there. what are you looking for?
Something along the lines of a novak low mount or even the 10-8... would like something carry friendly with a plain or serrated face, no dots...
Old 03-29-2011, 23:29   #16
Quack
Rent this space

Quote:
Something along the lines of a novak low mount or even the 10-8... would like something carry friendly with a plain or serrated face, no dots...
the Nowlin lowrider rear sight is what you are looking for. Looks like a Novak, but no milling of the slide.

Old 03-29-2011, 23:32   #17
Quack
Rent this space

http://www.nowlinguns.com/product-li...pg1-cid67.html

Old 03-29-2011, 23:45   #18
Bob469

Thank you Quack... Im gonna look into that one, i like it alot more then the GI's i've found although I like the harrison if i had to go the GI route... i forgot that i did see the novak that fit the colt but it looked horrible...

I've also been playing with the idea of trying your infamous Quack trigger since i doubt i'll ever run into one in the WV area
Old 03-30-2011, 04:21   #19
R0CKETMAN
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
You might want to look at an Heirloom Retro as well.

"Home of the Free because of the Brave"

R0CKETMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:54   #20
Bob469

It seems that they have stopped making them ? And i saw that 10-8 makes something similar to it but it doesnt say that it will fit the factory dovetail...