Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:58   #1
The Racker

Burris FastFire II Red Dot Reflex Sight

I did not see a previous thread on the Burris FastFire II Red Dot Reflex Sight. I am looking to put it on a carbine and I was wondering if you folks have experience with it. It says that the battery will last for 5 years. Pls give some input and suggestions if you have experience with it and recommend somthing else.

Thanks,

Racker
The Racker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:40   #2
8541/9999

How much shooting and what type of shooting do you plan to do with it in the next year?
8541/9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:36   #3
The Racker

Burris

Actually, mostly for an AR. I also shoot M1's but this would not go on them. I am looking for an inexpensive optic for a small carbine. TIA

Last edited by The Racker; 04-27-2011 at 10:38..
Old 04-29-2011, 16:29   #4
The Racker

Clarification

Once I get the issue sights zeroed, I want to use the carbine as a house and trunk gun. I do not see using it for more than 200 yds. in normal use. I have some experience with red dots but this is a new one for me. It is small and it will sit on a Kel-Tech carbine (I live behind the lines in PRK). Since I do not have a need for a riser, I thought it would fit nicely. I thought to see if anyone has experience with this red dot. From what I have read, it seems like it will do the job. Input???
Old 04-30-2011, 02:27   #5
The Racker

Choices now.

Sorry, I have been out of pocket until today. I came across a fairly small RDS, a Leupold DeltaPoint Reflex Sight w/ 7.5 minute triangle dot a couple of days ago and now I am chasing myself about if I want the Bushnell or the Leupold. Leupold has a great rep with scopes but I do not know how they are with RDS.

I was thinking about the Leupold 7.5 MOA triangle instead of a 3.5 dot. I think I can use the triangle to better judge distances and use the top of the triangle for range (I wish they would put a Xmas tree in these sights). I know a RDS like this is not really for made for distance but we have always adapted when we had to overcome difficulties.

I have used a RX06 Trijicon Reflex 12.9 MOA amber triangle in the past. It is fairly big and sits high but the triangle is nice and easy to use. You can use it for some delicate work.

In the past, I used M16s and ARs a lot so I am familiar with offset between the bore and sights. Once the weapon is zeroed, it is fairly easy to figure it out for any small arm by bringing it in tight and figuring out the differences between POA and POI at known distances.

Both the Bushnell and Leupold are new to me so I seek experience I do not have. I gladly accept input.

TIA
Old 05-06-2011, 06:16   #6
8541/9999

the delta point is a great sight it will do fine for what you want it for. have fun shooting it and make sure to give us a write up after you get some range time with it.
8541/9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 00:53   #7
The Racker

Thx SM