Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-12-2011, 15:54   #1
g34fan

Highly accurate .22lr

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the following pistols. My local gunshop is selling both on consignment. What would be a good price for either?

1960's Browing Medalist - Mint condition in the original case with all the accessories

Hammerli 280 - Excellent condition. 2 grips, 8 magazines, red-dot scope, original box, all original accessories
Old 04-12-2011, 18:37   #2
deadite
Groovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g34fan View Post
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the following pistols. My local gunshop is selling both on consignment. What would be a good price for either?

1960's Browing Medalist - Mint condition in the original case with all the accessories

Hammerli 280 - Excellent condition. 2 grips, 8 magazines, red-dot scope, original box, all original accessories
I would kill for a Medalist. If it's in really good shape with the presentation box, tools, weights, and paperwork, they could go up to $1200.00. Not sure about he Hammerli, but if you have the cash, I would definitely get that Browning.

deadite
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 22:14   #3
PzGren

The Hämmerli 280 is the coalfibre framed pistol that never sold as well as the 208. I have shot it and find the balance great for a target pistol, it misses out on the fun factor. I have also shot a Browning International from the 70s extensively and found that to be an exceptionally accurate and well made gun and would clearly prefer a Medalist over the 280. Keep in mind that Hämmerli no longer exists and the 280 was not sold in large quantities, spare parts will be next to impossible to obtain.

You will have to do a research on the price on your own but if you let us know how much the shop is asking, we can probably tell you if it is in line with market values.

On Rimfirecentral you should find help for the price of the Browning, there is a lively Browning sub-forum on that site.

Last edited by PzGren; 04-14-2011 at 22:16..
PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 14:50   #4
g34fan

Thanks Fellas,

I was back at the range yesterday and the Hammerli was gone but the Browning was still there. They are asking $1200 for it.
Old 04-18-2011, 15:59   #5
deadite
Groovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g34fan View Post
Thanks Fellas,

I was back at the range yesterday and the Hammerli was gone but the Browning was still there. They are asking $1200 for it.
Seems that you could get a decent one for around $6-700.00 a few years back. I really want one, but I can't see paying that much for one. I might trade another gun for it, but handing over that much cash is painful.

deadite
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.22lr, bullseye, pistol