SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:08   #1
jamaicanj

Specgear Truss concealment holster?

Good Day

I've been reading reviews and watching a few YouTube videos on the specgear truss holster http://www.specgear.com/Truss.html .

It looks interesting but I am concerned about how bulky it is under the shirt and also which version to get crossdraw or strongside.

Looking for input from those that have tried it out.
Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
Glock Certified Armorer & GSSF Member
jamaicanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 16:38   #2
cloudbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicanj View Post
Good Day

I've been reading reviews and watching a few YouTube videos on the specgear truss holster http://www.specgear.com/Truss.html .

It looks interesting but I am concerned about how bulky it is under the shirt and also which version to get crossdraw or strongside.

Looking for input from those that have tried it out.
I hope my response isn't irrelevant, because I haven't tried that holster, but I do have a SportHolster (don't think it's made anymore), which is sort of a small-of-the-back belly band holster. It looks a lot less bulky than that truss holster, which looks like you're trying to basically hide a small tactical vest under your shirt, and let me tell you, I found that the only conditions I could wear that holster were exactly the conditions I didn't need it.

Because it's wrapping all the way around your middle, it will be ungodly hot and sweaty in warm weather. And, in cold weather, with jackets and sweaters and such giving you all kinds of better concealment options, you don't really need it.

I couldn't find a concealment problem that it solved that was worth the drawbacks.
"A constitutional guarantee subject to future judges’ assessments of its usefulness is no constitutional guarantee at all." -- Justice Antonin Scalia, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. v. HELLER, June 26, 2008

Last edited by cloudbuster; 04-25-2011 at 16:40..
cloudbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 20:31   #3
Caver 60

I bought one and it's pretty much joined the ranks of so many other holsters that I couldn't use.

I think Cloudbuster's comments sum the situation up. Unless you've got to carry a full police equipment setup under some kind of outlandishly large shirt, I'd forget it. (I'm not LEO.)

Even the 511 tee shirt beats this system, IMO.
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:46   #4
BailRecoveryAgent
Rude Member

Looks like another convoluted contraption failure designed in an attempt to reinvent the concealment wheel.

If you find it hard to conceal a weapon on your belt which is one of the easiest places to do so, try concealing a full load out tactical vest under a tshirt.

Like cloudbuster said, I don't think you would find a problem that it solved without creating several of its own.

Last edited by BailRecoveryAgent; 04-26-2011 at 08:46..
BailRecoveryAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:24   #5
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Looks like body shape would make HUGE difference.

If you have a very broad chest and a narrow waist, it would be easier to hide. If you got a keg instead of a six pack though, it will make it stick out even further.
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:41   #6
madcitycop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BailRecoveryAgent View Post
Looks like another convoluted contraption failure designed in an attempt to reinvent the concealment wheel.

If you find it hard to conceal a weapon on your belt which is one of the easiest places to do so, try concealing a full load out tactical vest under a tshirt.

Like cloudbuster said, I don't think you would find a problem that it solved without creating several of its own.
Not recreating the wheel at all. It was designed for a specific purpose and with the creators field of work in mind. Yes it is designed to hide a mini tac vest so if you need to carry more gear than just your firearm its a good set up, just have to dress accordingly. I see guys use them daily.
madcitycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 17:59   #7
jamaicanj

Anyone else seen it or reviewed it?
Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
Glock Certified Armorer & GSSF Member
jamaicanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 23:16   #8
Danno85

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcitycop View Post