Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-05-2011, 18:50   #1
Randy from Kansas

Hows this

I am working in Detroit and stopped by Michi-gun after work and picked up a used upper a Colt A3 Hbar Elite 5.56 NATO stainless for $200.00. Its going on a lower I got earlier this year.

Is their any other barrel offered other then 24 I do not have a tape measure but it looks shorter then a 24 inch model

hope you get this web site working I have been missing it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Randy from Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 20:41   #2
GlockPride
Glock 23

Great price. I think those were offered in 20".
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:21   #3
AFPD118
CLM Number 176
NRA Memeber

Good find

G22, 27, 21SF, 30SF, Springer XD45, Taurus PT1911, KelTec PF-9, Stag Arms models 3 and 8 AR-15s in 5.56, Mossberg 12Ga 590A1. Reloader; Dillon 550B

Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
AFPD118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:23   #4
Randy from Kansas

when I get back home will post a picture, but right now I need a tape measure back at the room.

thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:18   #5
CAR-AR-M16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy from Kansas View Post
I am working in Detroit and stopped by Michi-gun after work and picked up a used upper a Colt A3 Hbar Elite 5.56 NATO stainless for $200.00. Its going on a lower I got earlier this year.

Is their any other barrel offered other then 24 I do not have a tape measure but it looks shorter then a 24 inch model

hope you get this web site working I have been missing it
I do not remember Colt ever offering a stainless barrel or a 24". I do not think what you got was a Colt. The receiver may be a Colt (depending on the markings), but the barrel sounds aftermarket.
CAR-AR-M16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:24   #6
glock031

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAR-AR-M16 View Post
I do not remember Colt ever offering a stainless barrel or a 24". I do not think what you got was a Colt. The receiver may be a Colt (depending on the markings), but the barrel sounds aftermarket.
cr6724

http://www.coltsmfg.com/ShopOnline/t...5/Default.aspx
Old 05-06-2011, 09:38   #7
CAR-AR-M16

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock031 View Post
I did not know about that upper. Thanks for posting. If the OP got that for $200 then he made a heck of a deal.
CAR-AR-M16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:42   #8
Randy from Kansas

Pictures and a Question

I got home yesterday and got the pictures taken. Its a 24 inch does not look like it was fired much and looks to be a colt upper with a Hbar barrel by the markings and someone has added a muzzle device to control muzzle jump? It looks very well done see picture. My question is who is doing this in the Detroit area. I have seen custom brakes added to bench rest barrel but never to a factory Colt.

After I put it on my lower had to take another picture

Last edited by Randy from Kansas; 08-28-2011 at 17:42..
Old 05-08-2011, 08:48   #9
velodemon

Man that is nice looking! I'll bet it will be a tack driver. Barrel looks like a custom job. I'd take that for $200 all day long!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:09   #10
Randy from Kansas

YES after I got home and looking it over I am amazed that I the upper for $212 with tax.

The barrel is a Colt so someone had the brake added to the colt barrel?

I have a Leupold fine cross hair dot 36D benchrest scope that will go on it as soon as i get a set of High rings. I have the dies and several different custom bullets and will find time to work up a load for accuracy. That will take some time but I have a private 100 yd range with a solid bench to work out the load. Now if I could get two weeks off work to do this I would be a happy shooter.

Last edited by Randy from Kansas; 05-27-2011 at 18:36..
Old 05-08-2011, 11:26   #11
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3

Quote:
I am working in Detroit and stopped by Michi-gun after work...
Awesome name for a gun store!
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 15:17   #12
DreamWeaver88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Awesome name for a gun store!
It's really a great store too. It's not fancy, and the gun side is kind of small, but they are friendly and their prices are great. I think my last 6 handguns were bought there.

DW
DreamWeaver88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 15:42   #13
Randy from Kansas

I spent 3 weeks in Detroit for work, and in the evening and on weekends I spend my time going to gun stores. Went to 5 or 6 in the Detroit area most prices were higher on guns and gear. I did find some rim fire 22lr Federal match ammo that I have wanted to try at Brown Bear picked up 900 rounds. But Michi-Gun has a nice selection but most of the neat stuff is in back and you have to ask about. I spent $80 on books and some cleaning jags and patches and the owner and I got to talking about different wildcats and he showed me some rifles I had never even seen before. Dick brought out this ar upper and as I was leaving it was after 7 and they had closed at 7 he shot a price for $200.00 plus tax I thought about it for 5 seconds and could not get the money out of my wallet fast enough. It also came with a green gun sock. I would like to know who's was it and why they traded it in?

DreamWeaver88 I will be back in the Detroit area next month what should I see their any more gun stores??? Have you been to the Ford Plant tour? I looked into Red Wing tickets and they were going for $135.00 each so I passed.

Last edited by Randy from Kansas; 05-08-2011 at 15:49.. Reason: spelling worst then normal
Old 05-09-2011, 18:23   #14
DreamWeaver88

Quote:
I spent 3 weeks in Detroit for work, and in the evening and on weekends I spend my time going to gun stores. Went to 5 or 6 in the Detroit area most prices were higher on guns and gear. I did find some rim fire 22lr Federal match ammo that I have wanted to try at Brown Bear picked up 900 rounds. But Michi-Gun has a nice selection but most of the neat stuff is in back and you have to ask about. I spent $80 on books and some cleaning jags and patches and the owner and I got to talking about different wildcats and he showed me some rifles I had never even seen before. Dick brought out this ar upper and as I was leaving it was after 7 and they had closed at 7 he shot a price for $200.00 plus tax I thought about it for 5 seconds and could not get the money out of my wallet fast enough. It also came with a green gun sock. I would like to know who's was it and why they traded it in?

DreamWeaver88 I will be back in the Detroit area next month what should I see their any more gun stores??? Have you been to the Ford Plant tour? I looked into Red Wing tickets and they were going for $135.00 each so I passed.
Haven't been to the Ford plant. I haven't been to any of the newer gun stores.....I've been out of the gun buying loop for a little over a year. Last gun I bought was a S&W M&P R8 revolver at Michi-Gun.

The only other gun store I liked around here (that i've been to) was Firearm Exchange, but last I'd heard, he got into some trouble and can't sell guns now. The Firing Line in Westland is supposed to be pretty nice.

DW
DreamWeaver88 is offline   Reply With Quote