Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-07-2011, 17:18   #1
ltj9296

High Noon Mr Softy

Anyone use it? I am thinking of getting a leather iwb for my G36. I have a kydex Alabama holster now and it works pretty well, I just would like to see if a soft leather might be more comfortable. I always carry AIWB and the price on the Mr Softy is great. If you have one what do you think? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 05-07-2011, 17:33   #2
SuperSleuth

I don't know if this'll apply to you, but I briefly had a Bare Asset holster for my 642. It's similar to the Mr. Softy, but with a FBI tilt for carry behind the hip.

I hated it. It kept feeling like it wanted to squeeze out of the holster, even when I had the gun in the holster when I wasn't wearing it. Loosening the tension screw didn't help. I didn't feel confident the holster would retain the gun, so I sold it.

A G36 might be different, as it's a flatter weapon. As you said they're inexpensive, so it won't be much of a loss if you try it and it didn't work for you. Or it could work out great for you as an AIWB.

I don't appendix carry so I'm afraid I can't offer any other options.

Good luck. And you might want to go ahead and get your holster box set up now if you haven't already.

Last edited by SuperSleuth; 05-07-2011 at 17:34..
SuperSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 19:07   #3

I looked at the Mr. Softy, but ended up with the Galco Stow-n-Go. Its a very comfortable leather holster for AIWB.
Old 05-07-2011, 21:02   #4
1canvas

i have both, the galco stow-n-go and mr softy. mr softy is much better than the galco IMHO. mr softy holds my 23 well and the tension screw works great. the spring clip on the mr softy is really strong and has enough space to go over a thick gun belt. i often carry AIWB and mr softy is just the ticket.
1canvas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:12   #5
wrencher

Don't know about carrying a Glock, but like the other poster, I bought one for a S&W 642.
I wore it about twice, always felt like the gun was going to fall out. Then, it did, right on my concrete patio.
Dinged the heck out of the pistol, last time I tried it.
wrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:31   #6
dreis454

I have a High Noon 'Public Secret' for AIWB
Colt stainless Commander XSE w/VZ grips
S&W M&P Shield 9mm carry
Lee Enfield mkIV no2 .303 British/Remy 870
dreis454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:36   #7
DanS

I carry my 30 in a Mr. Softy on weekends and off duty times. Other than taking a few jokes about the name from co-workers, I really like it. After 2 years, its still working great.
DanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:53   #8
AH.74

I have a High Noon Split Decision for my baby Glocks, which is basically the same thing except tuckable and with some forward cant. Never had the feeling the gun is anything but very stable, and the belt clip is very secure.

It's an excellent holster especially for the value.
AH.74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 16:42   #9
fla2760

I have one for my G22 that is not bad for the money. I don't like the one I got for my G27, I felt that the pistol would fall out like others said happened with the J frame sized holster.
Old 05-08-2011, 16:56   #10
High Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSleuth View Post
I don't know if this'll apply to you, but I briefly had a Bare Asset holster for my 642. It's similar to the Mr. Softy, but with a FBI tilt for carry behind the hip.

I hated it. It kept feeling like it wanted to squeeze out of the holster, even when I had the gun in the holster when I wasn't wearing it. Loosening the tension screw didn't help. I didn't feel confident the holster would retain the gun, so I sold it.

A G36 might be different, as it's a flatter weapon. As you said they're inexpensive, so it won't be much of a loss if you try it and it didn't work for you. Or it could work out great for you as an AIWB.

I don't appendix carry so I'm afraid I can't offer any other options.

Good luck. And you might want to go ahead and get your holster box set up now if you haven't already.

The reason you are having problems with the J frames is just a break in problem. Revolvers start out thin and then explode in size when it gets to the fat cylinder. The cylinder pushes up against the back of the steel clip which causes that feeling of popping back out. The leather needs time to break in and open up to accept the fat cylinder. Tolerances are tite with our holsters. As for the autos they are flat and go in smooth. Had anyone called we are glad to help with the break in and even send pictures of what the gun should look like in the holster. I can almost guarantee that the gun was not seated deep enough and the leather was not broken in. We sell many of those j frame holsters, if it was a design problem it would have been fixed. A break in problem is different. We do send very good directions with the holster for break in, but if that fails a simple phone call would have taken care of the problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
High Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 22:04   #11
Sharkey

Appendix carry it with a M&P9C. Works fine and I never thought mine was gonna fall out nor has it.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 22:22   #12
MN-glock27

I used one for a few months while I was waiting on another holster. Decent holster for the price, never had any problems/concerns with it.
MN-glock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:21   #13
biblefreak

For the auto loaders it is definitely a good low budget option. I have one for a G26 and my brother had one for his XD. He recently went from the XD to a G19 and after trying a different holster ordered another High Noon of this style. The leather is thin, the clip is solid and the tension on an auto loader is all there. For the price any of the four in this line are a great bargain and you even get to choose between cant/no cant and tuckable/not tuckable.

Guns don't kill people, death kills people. Ask any doctor, it is a medically proven fact.
biblefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 21:14   #14
High Noon

We are adding 2 holsters more to that line in the next 4 weeks. One is a straight drop with a combat grip, so in other words a Mr Softy that rides higher( the name of the new holster is Upper cut). The other is a straight drop tuckable, so in other words a Hidden Ally that rides higher for a combat grip, (The name of the new holster is Centerfold).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by High Noon; 05-09-2011 at 21:15..
High Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:28   #15
isis07734
Nice guy

Ive had too many Mr Softys to count and can attest to them working GREAT for the 642. They need a mold/break in period- which is not long at all. Ive been carrying a 642 in one for years and couldnt imagine using anything else.
isis07734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:45   #16
btmar
The Gun Photog

I have a Split Decision (tuckable) that I highly recommend. Zero retention issues with my G29, it even feels very secure when running.
Old 05-11-2011, 18:18   #17
ltj9296

Just a quick update, I ordered a mr softy over the weekend for my G36 and it came in today. How is that for fast service! Retention seems fine and it is very comfortable. I really like the clip on it, no danger of pulling out the holster along with the pistol. I plan on using this holster a lot. High Noon has my recommendation for quality and service.
Old 05-15-2011, 21:09   #18
isis07734
Nice guy

Carry Issues

you can see it almost looks molded after some use.

the Mr softy for the snub rides high enough and I would imagine the Centerfold will be too high for it... Glocks on the other hand will be perfect for the Centerfold, good call, HN.
isis07734 is offline   Reply With Quote