SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-20-2010, 17:29   #1
hackinpeat

PANTS BRANDS for carrying concealed.

Hi folks,

There are a ton of threads on holsters, pocket or otherwise, and none so far as I can find on the best trousers and shorts to pocket carry your glock in.

I am a g26 owner, and I know many disagree with pocket carry. Save that for another thread!

what pants do you own that the glock can be pocket carried in? Which pocket?
And does the butt of the gun show at all without a baggy shirt?

My favs so far: (no back pocket carry for me, I'll leave that for other posters.)

Dye brand khakis, good fit, and as always with khackis the side pockets work fine, the front pocket is good for CCW, but not so great without a shirt.

South pole and similar baggy youth brands work well, but you better wear a nice shirt and watch the colors so you don't look like a gang banger.
(Makaveli clothes makes a great pair of shorts with what the kids call a "weed pocket" I use it as a backup gun pocket, it fits my little 22 without a holster great, and keeps it in place. If you don't mind having tupac shakur on your clothes this is a great way to go. The front pocket is deep enough for a baby glock.)

REI makes some great hiking khaki pants, but the front pocket is just a smidge too small to keep the butt hidden, they will do in a pinch.

Carhart work pants and shorts actually have a nicely sized front pocket, fit a sub compack glock quite well, and hide printing when purchased in black very well. These are my fav for pocket carry so far! Also, they look more redneck/blue collar than they do gangster, so I advise these as a good set of pants in general. very good material! a 10 round mag will fit nicely in the carpenter's nail pockets and can easily be pulled with two fingers.

Old military surplus Vietnam era camo.
Any pocket (except the rear) will do with these things, the butt is slightly visible in the pocket, but you can just tuck a snot rag over it if you like. Since mine is OD and the mag is black it actually kind of camoflages itself in these pants. The camo pattern helps reduce visible printing due to the odd shapes that are already on it. I have yet to buy any digital print, but nothing says "gun nut" like wearing BDU's in a city.

U.S. POLO Not a great choice, the gun can tilt toward the inseam in the pocket to conceal the butt quite well, however it must be drawn at an angle, and with 2 fingers, making them less than ideal. With a proper pocket holster these are not going to work.

Thanks in advance for any contributions to this thread! I'll post more as I find them and try them out.
hackinpeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 19:39   #2
Linux3

I buy Legendary Gold brand jeans and jean shorts from target. $9.95 a pair and I carry a PM9 in a wallet holster in the front pocket.
LG jeans tend to be a little stiff and heavy weight, don't buy pre-washed, so they don't mark.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 19:51   #3
BK63

Cargo pants work well.
BK63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 20:04   #4
washguy25

I was actually just thinking about pants selection earlier today. I am in need of some new pants and found myself looking for some that would work well with concealed carry. I don't pocket carry as I don't have a small enough daily carry. But, still would like to hear some advice for well priced pants that have sturdy waist bands and decent durability etc... I am looking at some carharts or maybe the 5.11 taclite pants.
washguy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 20:19   #5
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

I use mostly 5.11 brand trousers and shorts. I love pockets!
Old 06-20-2010, 20:29   #6
Thorazine

Send a message via AIM to Thorazine
Quite a few shorts I own (don't know of the brands) can accommodate pocket carry quite easily.

They're larger cut deep pockets -- longer length.

Believe I got them from pacsun or the gap.
Thorazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 20:51   #7
sciolist

Not into pocket carry, but for a general purpose pant, Carhartt at +1" is the IWB program.

5.11 always gets a laugh.
sciolist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 21:12   #8
M1A Shooter

Send a message via Yahoo to M1A Shooter
i find that i can get away with pocket carrying my 26 easier with carpenters style jeans while at work. the larger opening in the front pockets allow for an easier draw.
Old 06-21-2010, 16:05   #9
SNoB

I agree with the carharts, for both pocket and IWB. If you get them sized so you can carry IWB it leaves a little extra space for pocket carry as when you choose to do that. This helps with printing. I also carry a spare mag in one of the side pockets, and usually a flashlight in the other. This leaves me with one front pocket and the two back pockets for other things when I pocket carry my G27.

When wearing "nice" pants I usually just pocket carry my kel-tec, it just makes me wish I could get away with wearing carharts to all occasions.
SNoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 18:12   #10
Nufrifin

Armed Work Wear - Painter: comfortable loose fit, a lot of pockets, big front pockets, kneepads.
Nufrifin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 18:34   #11
hackinpeat

lol, looks like the carharts are winning, mine are also about 2 or 2.5" too big, makes decent for IWB with a sub compact glock. The pm9 and some of the others are generally a bit skinnier, so I think their fitment isn't quite the same.

Thorazine: go dig through the closet and post a few brands!
Old 06-21-2010, 18:35   #12
hatidua

Toughskins from Sears....because chicks dig 'em!
hatidua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 18:41   #13
MatGlock

Mountain Khakis....Got their own gun pocket that fits the G26 well.
MatGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 20:07   #14
Toorop

I prefer Propper brand pants. But I do enjoy Rocawear, Pelle Pelle, and Akademics. I usually wear those brands in shirts and outerlayers with my Propper brand cargos. But I also have a few pairs of Levi's carpenter jeans which are comfortable. At work I wear a tucked in polo with my Propper cargos and I usually have a windbreaker or light coat of some sort depending upon weather.
Toorop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:23   #15
Glockphobia
NOT!

for work i have wrangler jeans, and when wearing shorts, they're cargo, too many diff brands to remember
Carolina Glocker #1922
You know you're in the south when :
Case(s) of beer is the legal tender for car repairs
Glockphobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:47   #16
Bren
NRA Life Member

Any pants, long or short, seem to work for me.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:36   #17
ricklee4570

Woolrich is the best I have found. Very deep pockets. Deepest I have ever tried. Conceals a handgun easily and comfortably.
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 14:27   #18
hackinpeat

Wranglers? there is no way you are pocket carrying a glock in wrangler western style jeans.

The mountain khakis look pretty nice. Are the utility ones the one with a so called "gun pocket?" The don't advertise it that way. a bit spendy for basic pants, but quite nice.
Old 06-22-2010, 15:56   #19
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Any pants, long or short, seem to work for me.
same here but I IWB carry only I dont pocket carry at all...I just dont find it comfortable even if the pockets are the right size and depth..just not a comfortable carry mode for me. A lot of my shorts are Cargo type and just basic JC Penney or Arizona or what ever lol. Ive thought about a dedicated gun short(meaning buying one) but I just cant find one at a decent price($20 or less)

As far as jeans go anything works again since I IWB carry I just make sure its a size 36 waist and im good to go!

Last edited by CBennett; 06-22-2010 at 15:58..
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 19:18   #20
Thunderbolt56

Straight up Old Navy Cargo shorts. I carried my G27 all over hell's half acre in the left pocket Saturday and after about 20 minutes I could barely tell it was in there.

My local range
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Thunderbolt56 is offline   Reply With Quote