Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-09-2011, 21:14   #1
samuse

Glock 17 triggerbar peening/mushrooming

I have a 17 RTF2 with about 1300 rounds through it and the part of the triggerbar that lifts the firing pin safety up is getting peened/mushroomed out on the surface that contacts the FPS.

I also noticed that when the slide was off the frame, I could not reset the trigger without lifting the triggerbar up to fully pull it forward.

This gun has always had a crappy trigger and it's gotten worse over time.

I took the triggerbar out and lightly stoned the mushroomed part down and cleaned up the radius on the end that contacts the connector.

I can now pull the triggerbar forward without having to lift it up and immediately noticed a more positive reset.

I dry fired it about 30-40 times and pulled the slide off to check the triggerbar again. Sure enough, it's starting to mushroom out again.

The firing pin safety shows no damage, is easy to depress and the firing pin can be shaken in the slide like it should.

Do you think I just have a soft triggerbar or is this indicitave of another problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 22:12   #2
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Yah I would call it soft if it is the only thing getting damaged. Contact Glock Inc for free replacement trigger bar or attend the next GSSF in your area and get it fixed at the shoot. You can also get it taken care of by any Glock Factory Stocking Dealer