Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:38   #1
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT

Does This Holster Make My Butt Look Fat?

I got my Crossbreed Minituck in last week for my PF-9 and have been trying to break it in. It is my first "tuckable" holster, but I noticed that while wearing it I appear a little more girthy around the middle. I'm an average sized guy (5'9", 172lbs), but that extra thickness around the waistband seems very noticeable to me. BTW, at work I wear dress slacks and dress shirts. I usually carry using an ankle holster at work, but I wanted another option. When using the CB with jeans and a loose untucked shirt, there's no issue. The issue comes when trying to look neat and trim. Oh, and let's not forget having to go to larger sized pants to accommodate the extra stuffing in the waistband. Add that cost to the $80 I paid for the holster.

Anyone else have this as a issue for them?

"Government cannot deny its citizens a right on the off chance that right might be abused." --Unknown
LoadToadBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:42   #2
debbert

debbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:16   #3
BailRecoveryAgent
Rude Member

Are you wearing at the 3 oclock position? If so, you could try 4-5 oclock which is where my skinny friend wears his so that it doesn't look like he has a tumor on his right hip.

My solution to the bigger waist size problem is to buy the cargo shorts that have elastic in the 3 and 9 oclock position. They come in slacks as well as shorts. It eliminates the need for bigger pants while not having them bunch up when wearing OWB and not needing the extra room.
BailRecoveryAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:48   #4
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BailRecoveryAgent View Post
Are you wearing at the 3 oclock position? If so, you could try 4-5 oclock which is where my skinny friend wears his so that it doesn't look like he has a tumor on his right hip.

My solution to the bigger waist size problem is to buy the cargo shorts that have elastic in the 3 and 9 oclock position. They come in slacks as well as shorts. It eliminates the need for bigger pants while not having them bunch up when wearing OWB and not needing the extra room.
The gun is in the 3:30-4:00 position with a slight FBI cant.

Cargo pants are nice and comfy, but not the kind of professional look I strive for as a pastor. When out of the office in the winter time, I usually don a sports jacket, but in the heat of a Louisiana summer that's not happening.

I just wanted to know if others have a similar problem when using the CB super- or mini-tuck with business casual attire.

"Government cannot deny its citizens a right on the off chance that right might be abused." --Unknown

Last edited by LoadToadBoss; 05-11-2011 at 09:48..
Old 05-11-2011, 10:44   #5
DaneA

I use the CB with khakis regularly. I'm a little bigger (about 20 lbs or so)than you but I've never been spotted yet. I've actually worn mine with khaki pants and a polo shirt to church and still haven't been spotted. The main thing is that you can't tuck your shirt in all the way. You need a bit of shirt hanging out all the way around.

ETA: Also I found that using a lot of cant helps hide as well.

Last edited by DaneA; 05-11-2011 at 10:45..
DaneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:35   #6
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneA View Post
I use the CB with khakis regularly. I'm a little bigger (about 20 lbs or so)than you but I've never been spotted yet. I've actually worn mine with khaki pants and a polo shirt to church and still haven't been spotted. The main thing is that you can't tuck your shirt in all the way. You need a bit of shirt hanging out all the way around.

ETA: Also I found that using a lot of cant helps hide as well.
Yeah, I noticed a lot of blousing is needed which creates a kind of unkempt appearance.

Last edited by LoadToadBoss; 05-11-2011 at 12:35..
Old 05-11-2011, 13:46   #7
barstoolguru
texas proud

Send a message via ICQ to barstoolguru Send a message via Yahoo to barstoolguru
no pic's of a man butt please............. it looks fine........... no pic's please
barstoolguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 13:55   #8
BailRecoveryAgent
Rude Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadToadBoss View Post
Yeah, I noticed a lot of blousing is needed which creates a kind of unkempt appearance.
If the form fitting business look is what you're shooting for, you may just have to pocket carry the PF9, which will likely only move the printing bulge to a different part of your body.

Sometimes, a change in clothing size is the only way to pull off concealment.
BailRecoveryAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 14:13   #9
Captains1911

A PF-9 in a canted IWB at 3:30-4:00 should virtually disappear, even on a skinny guy. My guess is you're just being over paranoid, which is normal at first, you'll get used to it, I can almost guarantee that nobody can tell or suspect a thing.
Captains1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 14:14   #10
dogchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadToadBoss View Post
I got my Crossbreed Minituck in last week for my PF-9 and have been trying to break it in. It is my first "tuckable" holster, but I noticed that while wearing it I appear a little more girthy around the middle. I'm an average sized guy (5'9", 172lbs), but that extra thickness around the waistband seems very noticeable to me. BTW, at work I wear dress slacks and dress shirts. I usually carry using an ankle holster at work, but I wanted another option. When using the CB with jeans and a loose untucked shirt, there's no issue. The issue comes when trying to look neat and trim. Oh, and let's not forget having to go to larger sized pants to accommodate the extra stuffing in the waistband. Add that cost to the $80 I paid for the holster.

Anyone else have this as a issue for them?
I have the same problem with my Glock 19 IWB tuckable holster (not a Crossbreed) but the same type, with my job i can wear my shirt tail out,
When i can't i use a pocket holster with my S&W 380 BodyGuard.
dogchild is offline   Reply With Quote