GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 08:38   #1
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT
 
LoadToadBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 3,456
Does This Holster Make My Butt Look Fat?

I got my Crossbreed Minituck in last week for my PF-9 and have been trying to break it in. It is my first "tuckable" holster, but I noticed that while wearing it I appear a little more girthy around the middle. I'm an average sized guy (5'9", 172lbs), but that extra thickness around the waistband seems very noticeable to me. BTW, at work I wear dress slacks and dress shirts. I usually carry using an ankle holster at work, but I wanted another option. When using the CB with jeans and a loose untucked shirt, there's no issue. The issue comes when trying to look neat and trim. Oh, and let's not forget having to go to larger sized pants to accommodate the extra stuffing in the waistband. Add that cost to the $80 I paid for the holster.

Anyone else have this as a issue for them?
__________________
"An essential element of a mature democracy is the ability to allow others the liberty to exercise a right that you may find distasteful." --LTB

"Government cannot deny its citizens a right on the off chance that right might be abused." --Unknown
LoadToadBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:42   #2
debbert
Senior Member
 
debbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North Perry, OH
Posts: 814
debbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:16   #3
BailRecoveryAgent
Rude Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,066
Are you wearing at the 3 oclock position? If so, you could try 4-5 oclock which is where my skinny friend wears his so that it doesn't look like he has a tumor on his right hip.

My solution to the bigger waist size problem is to buy the cargo shorts that have elastic in the 3 and 9 oclock position. They come in slacks as well as shorts. It eliminates the need for bigger pants while not having them bunch up when wearing OWB and not needing the extra room.
BailRecoveryAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:48   #4
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT
 
LoadToadBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 3,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailRecoveryAgent View Post
Are you wearing at the 3 oclock position? If so, you could try 4-5 oclock which is where my skinny friend wears his so that it doesn't look like he has a tumor on his right hip.

My solution to the bigger waist size problem is to buy the cargo shorts that have elastic in the 3 and 9 oclock position. They come in slacks as well as shorts. It eliminates the need for bigger pants while not having them bunch up when wearing OWB and not needing the extra room.
The gun is in the 3:30-4:00 position with a slight FBI cant.

Cargo pants are nice and comfy, but not the kind of professional look I strive for as a pastor. When out of the office in the winter time, I usually don a sports jacket, but in the heat of a Louisiana summer that's not happening.

I just wanted to know if others have a similar problem when using the CB super- or mini-tuck with business casual attire.
__________________
"An essential element of a mature democracy is the ability to allow others the liberty to exercise a right that you may find distasteful." --LTB

"Government cannot deny its citizens a right on the off chance that right might be abused." --Unknown

Last edited by LoadToadBoss; 05-11-2011 at 09:48..
LoadToadBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:44   #5
DaneA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 2,502
I use the CB with khakis regularly. I'm a little bigger (about 20 lbs or so)than you but I've never been spotted yet. I've actually worn mine with khaki pants and a polo shirt to church and still haven't been spotted. The main thing is that you can't tuck your shirt in all the way. You need a bit of shirt hanging out all the way around.

ETA: Also I found that using a lot of cant helps hide as well.

Last edited by DaneA; 05-11-2011 at 10:45..
DaneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:35   #6
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT
 
LoadToadBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northwest Louisiana
Posts: 3,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneA View Post
I use the CB with khakis regularly. I'm a little bigger (about 20 lbs or so)than you but I've never been spotted yet. I've actually worn mine with khaki pants and a polo shirt to church and still haven't been spotted. The main thing is that you can't tuck your shirt in all the way. You need a bit of shirt hanging out all the way around.

ETA: Also I found that using a lot of cant helps hide as well.
Yeah, I noticed a lot of blousing is needed which creates a kind of unkempt appearance.
__________________
"An essential element of a mature democracy is the ability to allow others the liberty to exercise a right that you may find distasteful." --LTB

"Government cannot deny its citizens a right on the off chance that right might be abused." --Unknown

Last edited by LoadToadBoss; 05-11-2011 at 12:35..
LoadToadBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 13:46   #7
barstoolguru
texas proud
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: dallas, tx
Posts: 2,434
Send a message via ICQ to barstoolguru Send a message via Yahoo to barstoolguru
no pic's of a man butt please............. it looks fine........... no pic's please
barstoolguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 13:55   #8
BailRecoveryAgent
Rude Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadToadBoss View Post
Yeah, I noticed a lot of blousing is needed which creates a kind of unkempt appearance.
If the form fitting business look is what you're shooting for, you may just have to pocket carry the PF9, which will likely only move the printing bulge to a different part of your body.

Sometimes, a change in clothing size is the only way to pull off concealment.
BailRecoveryAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 14:13   #9
Captains1911
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,734
A PF-9 in a canted IWB at 3:30-4:00 should virtually disappear, even on a skinny guy. My guess is you're just being over paranoid, which is normal at first, you'll get used to it, I can almost guarantee that nobody can tell or suspect a thing.
Captains1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 14:14   #10
dogchild
Senior Member
 
dogchild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tejas
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadToadBoss View Post
I got my Crossbreed Minituck in last week for my PF-9 and have been trying to break it in. It is my first "tuckable" holster, but I noticed that while wearing it I appear a little more girthy around the middle. I'm an average sized guy (5'9", 172lbs), but that extra thickness around the waistband seems very noticeable to me. BTW, at work I wear dress slacks and dress shirts. I usually carry using an ankle holster at work, but I wanted another option. When using the CB with jeans and a loose untucked shirt, there's no issue. The issue comes when trying to look neat and trim. Oh, and let's not forget having to go to larger sized pants to accommodate the extra stuffing in the waistband. Add that cost to the $80 I paid for the holster.

Anyone else have this as a issue for them?
I have the same problem with my Glock 19 IWB tuckable holster (not a Crossbreed) but the same type, with my job i can wear my shirt tail out,
When i can't i use a pocket holster with my S&W 380 BodyGuard.
dogchild is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:13.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,173
383 Members
790 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31