Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:22   #1
RRTX11

comfortable IWB Glock 17

Recently got my CHL in Texas. What do you folks recommend for Conceal Carry IWB with good retention for a Glock 17? I am 5'11 225, so I am not a skinny fella. Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Greg
RRTX11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:33   #2
up1911fan

Mtac.
up1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:50   #3
Lior
GUNS=FREEDOM

Remora. YMMV.
Rust and bureaucrats. Freedom and vigilance. Front sight and trigger. Kindness and firepower. Situational awareness and tolerance. Safety and concealment. Taxes and allegiance. Love of man and surgical marksmanship. Once a soldier, always a soldier.
Lior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 13:42   #4
G19aps

MTAC with slide option so you can carry any other 9mm glock as well.
G19aps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 13:54   #5
thr_wedge

I like my Bladetech Nano, but I am 5'10" and 175 lbs.

Last edited by thr_wedge; 05-12-2011 at 13:55..
thr_wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 17:27   #6
Seraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregKJR View Post
Recently got my CHL in Texas. What do you folks recommend for Conceal Carry IWB with good retention for a Glock 17? I am 5'11 225, so I am not a skinny fella. Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Greg
I'm 6'1", and 250lbs. These are quite comfortable for me, and are just as comfortable for my skinny customers and friends. I can dial in as much, or as little, retention as you want.

Carry Issues
Old 05-12-2011, 19:19   #7
Cyclops99

Seraph,

I'm new here, so I hope this doesn't come across as a true newbie, but I'm guessing you make that holster? If so, can you provide some details about it? Or perhaps direct me to a link?
Cyclops99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 19:37   #8
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by up1911fan View Post
Mtac.
1st post and all.

If your looking at Appendix IWB one of Dale Frickles Arch Angels is the bomb if you can carry comfortable like that.
Spiffums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 17:11   #9
coyote 30
COYOTE HUNTER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr_wedge View Post
I like my Bladetech Nano, but I am 5'10" and 175 lbs.
+1 on the Blade Tech NANO. I use one for my G17 and it feels better than any IWB I have ever used and conceals the gun better than any IWB I have used and I have tried just about all the kydex IWB out there.
I am going to NANO holsters for all my Glocks, they work that good.
Old 05-14-2011, 20:57   #10
RRTX11

Thanks for the tip on the NANO. The reviews on the NANO are good and it looks like a pretty comfortable holster. GT distributors have them for $49 which pretty reasonable for a good quality holster.

Greg
Old 05-14-2011, 22:15   #11
coyote 30
COYOTE HUNTER!!

Quote:
Thanks for the tip on the NANO. The reviews on the NANO are good and it looks like a pretty comfortable holster. GT distributors have them for $49 which pretty reasonable for a good quality holster.

Greg
Who has them for $49? That is a good price. I have bought mine directly from Blade Tech and they go for $60 through Blade Tech.
Old 05-14-2011, 22:22   #12
DaneA

I still love my crossbreed. Works great for my 26 and 19. Don't have a 17 yet but I'm sure it would be good for that too.
DaneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:48   #13
beforeobamabans
FYPM

If you are interested in a high quality, moderately priced custom leather, see if you can find a Nick Mathews #1. I love his design for a full sized pistol. It rides low and has a greater than typical cant at about 25 degrees. This positions the long grip nearer to vertical which conceals it behind your arm when worn at 3:00, which is where Nick designed it to be. Nick has temporarily shut down his business for a family move but well worth finding a used one or letting him know you want to order.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin

Last edited by beforeobamabans; 05-15-2011 at 09:49..
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:53   #14
Steel Head
Tactical Cat

Quote:

Greg
I'm very similar in size-my G22 is very comfy in my M-TAC.
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:01   #15
thr_wedge

Quote:

Greg
I bought mine at GT Dist. on Burnet, they only had a few in stock at the time but they also just started to carry them. I think they are on an end-cap.

I retired a very nice very expensive leather holster for the NANO.
thr_wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:01   #16
RRTX11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote 30 View Post
Who has them for $49? That is a good price. I have bought mine directly from Blade Tech and they go for $60 through Blade Tech.
I buy all my tactical gear and most of my weapons and ammo from GT Distributors, great store and fantastic customer service. If you are ex military and have a DD form 214 with an Honorable Discharge, you get the same pricing as LE and first responders. I purchased my first Glock in December, a 17. I paid $398. It came with 3 mags, a cleaning kit, hat, 100 rounds of ammo. Here is their website, I have yet to find someone that can beat their pricing or come close to it on most items.
http://www.gtdist.com/

Greg
Old 05-16-2011, 10:05   #17
RRTX11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote 30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thr_wedge View Post
I bought mine at GT Dist. on Burnet, they only had a few in stock at the time but they also just started to carry them. I think they are on an end-cap.

I retired a very nice very expensive leather holster for the NANO.

I will be paying them a visit this week. Fantastic store and service. Between Cabelas, GT Distributors, and a few other places around town, Austin has some great places to buy gear. If you ever have any issues with a leather holster or anything, look up Abraham boot and shoe repair on Burnet around the corner from GT's. David is a shooter and he can work on anything leather you may need help with.

Greg
Old 05-16-2011, 10:34   #18
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:

Greg
Milt Sparks VMII.

http://www.miltsparks.com

Old 05-16-2011, 11:58   #19
wrangler5

Quote:
Recently got my CHL in Texas. What do you folks recommend for Conceal Carry IWB with good retention for a Glock 17? . . .
Unless Central Texas never gets warm I'll recommend that whatever you pick for IWB carry should have a leather backing. I started with the CompTac CTAC, which is an all-kydex IWB. It was great in the cooler months when I wore an undershirt or a shirt with a sweater, and there was fabric between kydex and skin. But when it got warm, kydex against skin was NOT comfortable, and the stick-on moleskin I applied for padding would slide around after it got warm and worn a bit.

Switched to the leather-backed MTAC and have never looked back. (Anybody want to buy a slightly used CTAC slide model for Glock 17/19/26 and equivalents? ) Just as comfortable as the CTAC in cooler weather, and vastly better in the warm.
wrangler5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:33   #20
David Armstrong

Law Concealement Systems LCS works great for leather. The LCSB is the same design done in waterproof nylon. Extremely comfortable and versatile.
David Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote