Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-15-2011, 18:36   #1
1smoothredneck

Crossbreed Vs M-Tac (Retail Store)

My local shop carries the Comp-Tac line with a good selection of M-tacs.
Went to get one today, They didn't have a Glock slide, and was informed the line was to be dropped in favor of the Crossbreed line, due to problems dealing with Comp-tac. I am unclear if this was comp tac, or a distributor...
They were out of the Galco King Tuck....
Sooo... Now I will wait for a few weeks till the changeover is made, and purchase the crossbreed.. I like the idea of a local shop being supported, as well as the availability of any accessories...(they have a full line of extra clips in diff. colors, extra shells, etc...) Hopefully this will continue
with the new line...
Anyone have negative experience with either company?? Not looking for bashing, just real instance of bad CS..
Be Safe
1smoothredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 18:49   #2
Captains1911

I have problems with both company's, but IMO the MTAC is a far superior holster.
Captains1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 19:48   #3
1canvas

i really like my M-Tac. i looked at crossbreed before i bought the M-Tac, the crossbreed looks really ruff.
1canvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 20:37   #4
southern118

i found out for a dealer the biggest problem with mtac it takes them a month or so to get something delievered. where as a customer can order it and can have it in a couple days
southern118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 20:41   #5
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

I'd wait 3 weeks and pay 3x the price for an M-Tac, before I gave a penny to Crossbreed.

Just my opinion.

I've always had excellent service from Comp-Tac.... Been a while since I had to order from them, but I've never waited more than a week or so.

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 05-15-2011 at 20:42..
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 20:47   #6
F_G

Have a Horsehide Crossbreed for my G26, it's been exceptional for the 2 years I've been using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
I'd wait 3 weeks and pay 3x the price for an M-Tac, before I gave a penny to Crossbreed.
Any specific issues? Poor contruction? Horrible customer service? Allergic reaction?

Last edited by F_G; 05-15-2011 at 20:48..
F_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 20:51   #7
Captains1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by F_G View Post
Have a Horsehide Crossbreed for my G26, it's been exceptional for the 2 years I've been using it.

Any specific issues? Poor contruction? Horrible customer service? Allergic reaction?
owner is a ******?
Old 05-15-2011, 21:27   #8
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
owner is a ******?
That about sums it up... Search his posts on other forums... The attitude that comes from that guy is amazing. FWIW, I know a lot of folks complain about the crosses on the clips. I personally have no issue with that. Truthfully, if I could get past his attitude, we'd probably find we share similar religious beliefs.. but the way he acts, no way would I ever order from him.

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:53   #9
Edmo01

Between me, the wife, and my son we own 5 different Crossbreed holsters. I've never had any problems with their products or customer service.

Just my experience with Crossbreed. If I am treated poorly or sold a inferior product I move to the next guy, but so far I have been treated great.

Edmo
Edmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:49   #10
swinokur

Just an FYI, only the MTAC allows Kydex shells to be swapped.
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:26   #11
Captains1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
Just an FYI, only the MTAC allows Kydex shells to be swapped.
And provides adjustability for height and cant, and does not use metal clips that tear up your belt....

Just to keep things fair, I have had issues with Comp-Tac's customer service in the past. However the MTAC works so well for me that I continue to give them business, I guess that makes me the sucker in the end. Oh well.

Last edited by Captains1911; 05-16-2011 at 07:28..
Old 05-16-2011, 09:03   #12
Judge Roy Bean

+1 on MTAC products.

Was dissapointed when they wanted a dollar in order to provide me with a tracking number.

"The last time that bear ate a lawyer, he had the runs for thirty-three days. " - JRB
Judge Roy Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:18   #13
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

I've read nothing but good reviews about Crossbreed holsters and am patiently waiting for mine to come. I opted for the horsehide to help with the warmer weather. Whatever the guy's attitude is he is a maker of what seems to be a very popular holster and in the end I am his customer so long as he takes care of me I could care less. In reality the local stores one shops at could be owned by liberal, Obungo loving nazis but you still go there.

I don't need to be on a personal level with the guy, just business.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; 05-16-2011 at 09:19..
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:25   #14
bigleaf

Diggin' my M-Tac (and my IWB mag holder, and the kydex G34 paddle, and my dual mag holders...) Those folks are great to deal with. And they send candy in every package! What's not to love? Smarties... MMMMMmmmmmmmm.
That's all that tyranny is: it's not in a personality; it's a set of circumstances. It's being trapped with your enemy in a limited space– a country or a family– where the balance of power between you is unequal and the weaker one has no recourse.
bigleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:26   #15
carloglock19

I have experienced excellent service with Comp-Tac and my MTAC holster is awesome.
BRC - 2016
carloglock19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:34   #16
RMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmo01 View Post
Between me, the wife, and my son we own 5 different Crossbreed holsters. I've never had any problems with their products or customer service.

Just my experience with Crossbreed. If I am treated poorly or sold a inferior product I move to the next guy, but so far I have been treated great.

Edmo
Same here. Very satisfied with product and service so far.
RMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:07   #17
F_G

I'm getting ready to try a holster from this guy, his stuff looks really nice and his prices are very reasonable. http://www.theisholsters.com/

Anybody had any experience with his stuff?

Last edited by F_G; 05-16-2011 at 10:08..
F_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:52   #18
tonyparson

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloglock19 View Post
I have experienced excellent service with Comp-Tac and my MTAC holster is awesome.
This /\ /\ and one thing for sure I like better with my MTAC over a crossbreed is the MTAC has retention screws that you can tighten up or loosen if needed. The last crossbreed I owned the gun keep getting loser and loser the older the holster got. I called crossbreed about it and they said to use a hairdryer on it. Well the hairdryer didn't work.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:46   #19
wrangler5

I went through the MTAC/Supertuck decision process a few years ago for my G26 and ended up with the MTAC, in part because of the interchangeable kydex shells (@ half the price of a new holster.) Never did get a different shell, though. Now they've changed the basic holster so that it takes slightly different shells, and they discontinued production of the old style shells. (How hard would it have been to keep those old molds around, and produce an old style shell when an old customer needed one?) So now if I want an MTAC for a new gun I have to buy a whole new holster.

I'm only slightly disappointed. (Every time I think about carrying something other than the G26 I do the analysis, rent one to try, etc. and always end up back at the G26.) And will happily buy another MTAC if I do end up with another carry gun. But thought folks might like to know about this less than attractive factor in CompTac's business practice.
wrangler5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:08   #20
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

A question for those who have, or have tried, both the M-Tac and the CBST:

. . . . . . Do they both "fit" the same or similar?

I have a CBST and can't seem to find a good position where it is comfortable. When I use it, I usually (end-up) wear(ing) it like a conventional IWB - which is Ok, but not as comfortable as a OWB slide (Glaco M7X).

The M-Tac appears to be finished better - but I think I like the metal clips (on the CBST) better for thinness and durability. I have several Comp-Tac products and they are always nice people to deal with. On the CBST, I had a problem - the owner was kurt/brash - but he did take care of the problem at no charge.

Last edited by PEC-Memphis; 05-16-2011 at 12:08..
PEC-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote