GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 22:29   #1
cosmose
Senior Member
 
cosmose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 844
Cheapest bullet's??

Hi guys, I have recently start doing a lot of slingshot shooting and need ammo, I've been digging slugs out of the old shooting hill and have noticed they shoot very well. what's the cheapest i can get? seeing how it's for slingshot caliber or fmj vs pure lead doesn't matter (round ball would probably work better) but i have found out 180gr or heavier shoot better.

thanks for any info
cosmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 22:30   #2
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LOZ
Posts: 26,707
Keep digging.
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 22:34   #3
cosmose
Senior Member
 
cosmose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Keep digging.


I think i have gotten them all.......I Reaaally should have built a target stand to catch the ammo.
cosmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 23:09   #4
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LOZ
Posts: 26,707
I've killed more critters with rocks than bullets.
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 23:15   #5
cosmose
Senior Member
 
cosmose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
I've killed more critters with rocks than bullets.
With a slingshot? I always felt like rocks were to light weight?

At least I'm shooting 45's slugs everyday now...just a different way

Last edited by cosmose; 04-11-2014 at 23:16..
cosmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 23:50   #6
WeeWilly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: PRK
Posts: 1,510
You can probably cast your own for about $.05 each (for 180gr), paying kind of normal prices for lead. If you can find a source for scrap lead that is any less than $2/lb, that price will come down commensurately.


The required casting equipment is pretty inexpensive.


Commercially cast lead bullets will run you about $.08/each for 180gr.
WeeWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 23:57   #7
Taterhead
Counting Beans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,941
Sling shot? That's a new one. I guess you wouldn't have to fuss too much with bullet lube or COL. plus the powder shortages are a non-issue.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 23:59   #8
dkf
Senior Member
 
dkf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,463
http://www.titanreloading.com/molds/...-buckshot-mold
dkf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:25   #9
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LOZ
Posts: 26,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmose View Post
With a slingshot? I always felt like rocks were to light weight?

At least I'm shooting 45's slugs everyday now...just a different way
Placement. Can't complain about ammo shortage.
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:09   #10
WeeWilly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: PRK
Posts: 1,510
Enjoy the wrist rocket.


Where I live we have had a problem with Coyote's in the neighborhood. One stretch earlier this year when taking the dogs out for their final pee of the night I saw a couple males and what looked like a smaller female walking up the street. The dogs of course go nuts and the Coyote's are not giving ground. I finally get them corralled and back in, the drama ends. A couple of nights later, same drill.


I live in the city, so a gun as a solution wasn't going to work, I decided to buy a BB gun or slingshot, something I could scare them off with without a neighbor summoning the local constables. I went into a Big 5 looking for something that would work and the guy says, "BB/Pellet guns and slingshots are illegal here." I say, "Come on, no way?" He says, "yep, totally illegal to even own one".


Come to find out, within the city limits, it is illegal to own an air gun or sling shot. This law does conflict with state law and I am told it is usually not enforced without pretty serious cause as the city doesn't want a legal challenge, but by the letter of the law, NO SLINGSHOTS. The irony is a bow and arrow (or crossbow) is perfectly legal.


What a world.
WeeWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 20:42   #11
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LOZ
Posts: 26,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeWilly View Post
Enjoy the wrist rocket.


Where I live we have had a problem with Coyote's in the neighborhood. One stretch earlier this year when taking the dogs out for their final pee of the night I saw a couple males and what looked like a smaller female walking up the street. The dogs of course go nuts and the Coyote's are not giving ground. I finally get them corralled and back in, the drama ends. A couple of nights later, same drill.


I live in the city, so a gun as a solution wasn't going to work, I decided to buy a BB gun or slingshot, something I could scare them off with without a neighbor summoning the local constables. I went into a Big 5 looking for something that would work and the guy says, "BB/Pellet guns and slingshots are illegal here." I say, "Come on, no way?" He says, "yep, totally illegal to even own one".


Come to find out, within the city limits, it is illegal to own an air gun or sling shot. This law does conflict with state law and I am told it is usually not enforced without pretty serious cause as the city doesn't want a legal challenge, but by the letter of the law, NO SLINGSHOTS. The irony is a bow and arrow (or crossbow) is perfectly legal.


What a world.
That's insane, Willy. Like in Missouri, can being handicapped qualify one for a crossbow there?
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 00:35   #12
WeeWilly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: PRK
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
That's insane, Willy. Like in Missouri, can being handicapped qualify one for a crossbow there?
Well here, being handicapped qualifies you to park free all day at meters that get $.25 for three minutes. I was walking down one of the busier streets near where I live and in one block fully 2/3's of the cars had a handicap placard hanging from the rear view mirror. Makes sense really.

On the crossbow, no problem whatsoever, just NO SLINGSHOTS!

The inmates have gained control of the asylum, truly.
WeeWilly is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:19.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,234
359 Members
875 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42