Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-18-2011, 15:25   #1
TwinGlock40z

Send a message via AIM to TwinGlock40z
Kel-tec iwb options? Opinions? Whatever...

Ok so I was just wanting to get some opinions on iwb carry of the p32 and p3at. I have both of love them. The 32 might edge of the 380 but a micro margin. But regardless I love both and have decided not to carry anything bigger during the summer for wanting to go as light as possible. During the summer when I'm not working 99.9% of the time I will be in shorts, tshirt, and flip flops. When I am working I really don't have to worry about it as I'm usually armed quite well.*

During the winter and cooler months when I'm not working I carry a Glock27 iwb in a crossbreed holster. I have been debating whether or not to get a crossbreed for one of my kel-tecs for summertime carry. But I'm just wondering if such a small pistol really needs that much in the way of concealment and comfort.*

I'm thinking about getting one of those desantis soft tuck holsters. I really like that it's cantable and seems to be made very well. Just wanting some inputs if anyone has the crossbreed for the small kel-tecs and it's really worth it over getting just a smaller comfortable iwb holster.

Oh and by the way pocket carry is completely out of the question for me. I hate pocket carry. Won't go into why... Just not fan. *
TwinGlock40z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 21:50   #2
GEN3

I carry a PF-9 daily and my holster of choice these days for IWB and pocket carry is the remora holster. I don't think your going to find a more comfortable holster anywhere. The only downside for some is that it doesn't have anything holding it to your belt. It does have an outside similar to a desantis nemesis but way more tacky. I can jump up and down and do cartwheels and it won't move. If you can't get past that then check out basement holsters. It's all kydex and has a belt loop. It's not as comfortable as the remora but it's definitely not uncomfortable. It's very solid in construction and you can easily re-holster it with one hand. The remora has an option for a reinforced top so you can re-holster with one hand but it will cost you a little extra. As far as concealment goes they both hide very well. The remora is a little bit better but not by much. Since the basement holster has a belt loop the snap on the belt loop sometimes prints but if somebody saw that I doubt the first thing on their mind would be is that your carrying.

Last edited by GEN3; 05-19-2011 at 21:57..
GEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 20:42   #3
Redstate

I have a kydex type one for my P3AT made by Center of Mass. I like it. I can barely feel it in the waistband. Draws real slick as well.
Redstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 19:08   #4
Recurve

I have a DeSantis Nemesis for my P32. It fits great in the front pocket of khakis shorts or jeans. Cheap holster if you want to try it out.
Recurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 15:34   #5
Four Knives

Late to the party, but I'm a fan of the KT belt clip.

Never understood why some would go with one of the thinnest firearms made, then chunk it up with an 8th to a quarter inch of leather IWB.

Not throwing stones, and to each his own, but I never understood it.

That said, some will consider the clip as a less than safe carry method as the trigger is not covered. I feel it 100% safe for my my use.

@ $16 it's a cheap try-out that you can readily sell if it ain't your bag, and it really does highlight just how light and thin that little mousegun is.

Something to consider
Four Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:07   #6
Pecos Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Knives View Post
Late to the party, but I'm a fan of the KT belt clip.

Never understood why some would go with one of the thinnest firearms made, then chunk it up with an 8th to a quarter inch of leather IWB.

Not throwing stones, and to each his own, but I never understood it.

That said, some will consider the clip as a less than safe carry method as the trigger is not covered. I feel it 100% safe for my my use.

@ $16 it's a cheap try-out that you can readily sell if it ain't your bag, and it really does highlight just how light and thin that little mousegun is.

Something to consider
I have the clip and use it but with thin clothing or an un-tucked shirt the gun is not comfortable. A thin leather iwb holster just pads my tender skin! LOL
Pecos Bill is offline   Reply With Quote